Brilliant japanese solution to dealing with slow walkers

MrHammer

Do they have an app that sounds like a motosai taxi revving his motor on the sidewalk behind you?

Because I move over when I hear that.

I don't.

Pricks should be on the road, not crowded footpath....the pricks already give you hell at traffic crossings so screw them.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do they have an app that sounds like a motosai taxi revving his motor on the sidewalk behind you?

There's a bike bell app, just loaded and will be playing today :) Motorsai will be hard to pull off in the sky train 5555

I don't.

Pricks should be on the road, not crowded footpath....the pricks already give you hell at traffic crossings so screw them.

Probably true. But I want those guys on my side if there's ever a kerfuffle. Besides, I have found most of them to be decent folk just trying to make a living in a difficult environment- and there have been too many times I've been on the back of a motosai scooter going the wrong way down a sidewalk to pass judgment on them.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

To be fair. I use a electrric wheelchair and would have more use fotr the truck horn back in Australia. There I am always having to stop suddenly or divert because of people walking in my path. In Dingapre they never do, they seem to have a 360 degree awareness. Here sometimes. At least here a quiet "kor tort" usually works.

Stop being in a rush all the time and you wont have a problem having to walk fast. Maybe wake up earlier for work?

It's not about getting to work on time. I just can't walk that slow without tipping over.

So much stuff to do. So little time before I'm dead.

Edited by impulse

I can't figure out this one as well. If the floor or stairs move (moving walkways and escalator) Like at airports and stuff. Why people can't continue to walk. Floor is moving for me time to stop..... Not so bad if everyone kept right but people always wanna stand beside each other. I normally bellow excuse me before pushing past. Maybe I am rude but when I have been in a plane for a while I just want to go home

• Like 2

I can't figure out this one as well. If the floor or stairs move (moving walkways and escalator) Like at airports and stuff. Why people can't continue to walk. Floor is moving for me time to stop..... Not so bad if everyone kept right but people always wanna stand beside each other. I normally bellow excuse me before pushing past. Maybe I am rude but when I have been in a plane for a while I just want to go home

You'll love this - at Central Plaza on Saturday the elevator on level 4 to the outside viewing deck on level 3 wasn't working. I walked down them for a cigarette. I watched 4 or 5 groups of Thais approach the escalator at the top, realise it wasn't working and do a U-turn.

Five minutes later, two of the groups appeared at the side door to the viewing deck. They'd obviously gone in to the inside escalator, a walk of probably 50 metres, gone down, and then walked the 50 metres to the viewing deck. Go figure.

There were many that did walk down them, but it was funny to observe these two groups take the long way down.

• Like 2

Not so bad if everyone kept right but people always wanna stand beside each other.

Ah, grasshopper. In some societies, they stand on the right, some on the left- creating infinite confusion that causes people to bunch up for warmth and security...

Drives me up a fricking wall, too.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1

Stop being in a rush all the time and you wont have a problem having to walk fast. Maybe wake up earlier for work?

It's not about getting to work on time. I just can't walk that slow without tipping over.

So much stuff to do. So little time before I'm dead.

Let's face it, walking is like driving to a certain extent. We can't stand people who walk slower than us, and we definitely can't stand those who walk faster than us. Why can't people walk at the proper pace??

• Like 1

You know what really pisses off "fast walkers" ?

People that walk faster than them !

"Fast walkers" have to be some of the most arrogant, ignorant people I ever come across on sidewalks, in malls or airports. They somehow get this attitude that because they are walking faster than the slowest of the slow, then nobody should dare to try and pass them ! It's hilarious to see the looks on their faces as you breeze by them.

You can almost hear their thoughts "What the bluddy h3ll ! I am walking bluddy fast enough, how dare you walk faster than me ! I'm the only one that should be able to decide how fast "fast" is !"

I really like to rub it in on those occasions where I get to where I'm going (airplane, restaurant, passport control, etc) and I see the "fast walkers" finally arrive. I casually look at my watch, look at them, smile and carry on. I'm sure over the years more than a few of them have had a stroke on the spot and keeled over, but by then, I was probably long gone so they weren't going to block my path any ways !

• Like 2

Need an Android bicycle bell App so there's no need to carry the bell. biggrin.png

But yes - it's us walking too fast. Tokyo is not as hot as Bangkok .... most of the time anyway

Out of curiosity I just had a look - and there's a couple of free bicycle bell Apps on Playstore. One says "Tired of slow walkers ..... "

I thought I was joking!

Yes, we all have the problem of Thai people shuffling around extremely slowly ...

In Pattaya it's mainly fat-bottomed farang, especially those waddling in pairs in slow gear holding hands or on the phone or just coming to a complete halt to look about, and totally blocking the sidewalk/pavement ... often on Beach Rd or on Pattaya Tai on market days. A bell wouldn't penetrate the oblivion bubble in which they exist. A cattle prod might work, otherwise you have to walk in the roadway to get around them.

metropolitan-etiquette-authority_pay_att