Yingluck says she will not resign

webfact

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think about this chilling scenario: Suthep, who has (suspiciously) never been convicted for any wrong doing, and many like him on the same side all want the Shinawatras gone. When Suthep and Abhisit were commanded to answer charges, Abhisit showed up, but Suthep never did..because they have no fear of conviction. What relationship does he have with the court when he can say "I'm too busy", and then receives a weak warning about coming in... sometime later (?)....try that in the 'free world'.

This is what analysts are calling a judicial coup. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...

As they say in China--"Everyone wants to get rid of corruption, and they also want to benefit from it."

The protestors have valid points about misrepresentation leading to access to too much funding, but the leaders with Suthep are dirty as mud pie. The other side are like kleptomaniac clowns who joined the traveling circus so they never stay in one place long enough to get caught....

We can all feel the way the wind is blowing, but some, like myself, question this method of changing power entirely. The people who voted this cankerous crowd in are not afraid anymore of resistance. They have learned to pick their battles. In face of overwhelming odds, people nowadays resort to guerrilla warfare if they are outgunned and been told to lay and roll over.

They won't.

I worry that it will become an undending series of bombings and drive-bys and IUDs where north meets central, like the 'unrest' in the south, with the north having a lot more conflict that will spill over into Bangkok, too.

'Winning a battle and losing the war' is an old chestnut that has real veracity here. Urban warfare is not really a scenario that any standing army is trained to fight properly, because miltary equipment is designed for direct confrontation.

Of course I hope I am wrong. Resume rants.

• Like 2

Odd that this skype thing is taken seriously. Does anyone honestly and sincerely believe that in a period of national crisis, the prime minister of thailand would have a conversation with her 'shadowy puppet master brother' in full view of random people? Were he so powerful and nefarious do you think HE would allow it, then? That would be insane. So this leaves only two options:

1. A close and trusted advisor is briefing against her.

2. It was made up.

Since the situation is going to be somewhat paranoid anyways, im going with option 2. She said shed give an announcement. She had a chat (no doubt in private) with her brother for advice. She made her mind up. People in the more public meeting where she announced she would carry on 'fabricated the better part of experience'. The end.

Also, its fairly evident the threat has passed now. The next big challenge is the election. So far PTP have played a blinder here. Theyve continually given the protests room to breath and allowed them to carry out their 'peaceful' intentions (though lets be frank, the hardcore want nothing of the sort here - they want a clampdown, and the tanks to roll in and save them from a tyrannous illegitimate government). Riot and they lose the mainstream support. Dont riot and they lose their momentum. The government and their advisers have been extraordinary: give them room and let them expand as far as theyll go. This monday was the big test. I watched it all day. It did nothing. It achieved nothing. Its gone as far as its going in its current form. The only logical next step is dissipation or violence. And this will mean self-implosion SO LONG AS the government allow the protesters the breathing room to act as they have been doing. Its a masterclass, to be honest, in crisis control.

Actually, there is a report elsewhere in the news that she was close to quitting on Sunday night, is fed up having to deal with the pressure, but Thaksin talked her out of it. So much for your theory. Besides, did it not occur to you that Thaksin's enemies are having a field day because the prime minister is a rookie politician, lacking any experience, clueless and having to get on Skype before making any statements. She was a gift to their cause. She won't last, she might get re-elected eventually but it was never going to work, running a country on remote control through a barbie doll.

• Like 1

She and hers have beaten the old fool at just about every turn and will likely do it again as the residents of Bangkok realize they have been Sutheps pawns.

The larger percentage of respect of the world stage is currently in her corner and any credibility whatsoever in the Suthep camp is rapidly being eroded by his increasingly ridiculous actions.

Accepting olive branches to at least talk have been dismissed out of hand as has any form of compromise. The PTP Thaksin camp would have won the world poker championships hands down with the way they have played their hand in this confrontation.

I firmly believe at one point Suthep may just have achieved a fair proportion of his objectives but his continued belligerence related to all things Thaksin has clouded what little judgement he ans his masters may have had.

Hopefully it will just peter out and there will be no additional confrontations.

The biggest losers in this at this moment in time are Abhisit and his "Democrats" and sadly and most importantly- the Thai people.

Thank you very much for this confirmation that the PM is not sincere when seemingly offering olive branches.

Mind you that is clear to lots of people protesting in Bangkok, not just Suthep, PDRC and the Democrats party.

Edited by rubl

It was not Yingluck who said she would not resign

It was Thaksin who said she would not resign

Poor now even allowed to make her own decisions about her own life ..

YS ...... "Thaksin is it ok if I go potty now"

You have made an outrageous allegation here which is highly inflammatory.

You state "It was Thaksin who said she would not resign"

You have not put this as an opinion, you have not referred to unverified and therefore possible false newspaper reports from unnamed and unknown people.

You have made a claim it was Thaksin.

Please back up this absolute allegation you have made with unequivocal proof that your statement is 100% correct !

"BANGKOK: -- Caretaker PM Yingluck Shinawatra almost gave in to resignation demands by the anti-government protesters on Sunday - but changed her mind at the last minute as her brother, former premier Thaksin Shinawatra, called to ask TELL her to stay on and push for the February 2 election, sources said."

Pure semantics your honor. Nothing outrageous, nothing inflammatory.

Mr Thaksin doesn't ask, he orders, and I think the jury would agree that in this case it was an order his sister could not, should not and would not refuse.

This comes to mind post-9891-0-48996700-1389700255_thumb.jp

Thaksin thinks/speaks, Puea Thai does.

• Like 1

I don't have a horse in this race (I find both sides distasteful) but I think if Yingluck had a choice, she'd have already resigned. In my opinion familial obligation is the only thing that keeps her in the position.

She doesn't come across as a serious woman or a political animal. Does anyone here doubt she'd rather have her pre-PM lifestyle back? Hell, I'd like to have her pre-PM lifestyle but I wouldn't want to be in her shoes now.

• Like 2

She said she would like to see the Democrat joining to show its spirit adding political parties have the duties to run in the election.

If they do no not observe the rules, how could the country live.

Thank you clap2.gif

Then, Loser Soupstep said

There was no win-win solution but either win or lose, Suthep said, and also disclosed the government has sent a mediator with an offer to hold new election on May 4 which he has rejected.

Great, then lose more than you'd lost already cheesy.gif

• Like 1

Election fraud! Unlawfully trying to amend the constitution! Plus many other crimes against the thai people. What part of that is she basing her democracy. Im teaching social to high school kids about democracy and the 1ST thing it says in their books is the leader is chosen by the people for the people. Not BUY the people for the people i know only

Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Election fraud! Unlawfully trying to amend the constitution! Plus many other crimes against the thai people. What part of that is she basing her democracy. Im teaching social to high school kids about democracy and the 1ST thing it says in their books is the leader is chosen by the people for the people. Not BUY the people for the people i know only Sent from my GT-S5310 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

BUY the people bought by Korn himself too...

http://asiancorrespondent.com/19554/korn-on-the-democrats-in-the-northeast/

• Like 2

Good for her the people voted her in and if they want her out then vote her out on Feb 2nd

Real easy

in the meantime the constitution requires her by law to stay as the caretaker until the new election.

There is that vote em out and elections banter again. Silence is deafening on the other 14 principles of democracy they don't adhere too.

Not sure if it is just complete gullibility or the PT supporters have an off switch after elections that get turned back on just before the next election making them only ever see the 1 principle of democracy the PT adhere too in action. If that switch stayed on long enough for the rice farmers we won't have these issues by the regime. Good to see the red shirts are starting to wise up and not attend the rallies up north. So desperate are the paramilitary leaders they have rebranded to white. We might just see rice farmers overtaking the UDD PTP falang supporters on the intellectual level the way this is going!

DiamondKing addresses a point, 100% valid. Read the lines.

This is not about her corruption, incompetency or whatever level. It's about upholding democratic values. Without taking any site, but I agree 100% and anyone understanding Democracy, Constitution, etc., would need to agree, too.

Now, if you don't like the government or any politician, the people have many options to go for and still, abiding the law. You can even impeach the PM.

Seriously, i don't understand this - running nuts. All I can think of, is, there must be quite a few lads around, who feel should receive more attention than they'd get, otherwise (none, maybe?)

Edited by NHT

Let's get Suthep to be PM and run the country.

We can then have all the same arguments this time next year only with a ''Yellow'' flavour and not a ''Red'' flavour.

Whichever way this all goes, Thailand is stuffed until the whole lot of current MP's, leaders and elitist ways are censored completely and condemned outright.

It was not Yingluck who said she would not resign

It was Thaksin who said she would not resign

Poor now even allowed to make her own decisions about her own life ..

YS ...... "Thaksin is it ok if I go potty now"

You have made an outrageous allegation here which is highly inflammatory.

You state "It was Thaksin who said she would not resign"

You have not put this as an opinion, you have not referred to unverified and therefore possible false newspaper reports from unnamed and unknown people.

You have made a claim it was Thaksin.

Please back up this absolute allegation you have made with unequivocal proof that your statement is 100% correct !

Why should he or I or anyone else have to give unequivacable facts in a foram format. This is the place to state rumors, facts or almost anything else you feel like stating!

Odd that this skype thing is taken seriously. Does anyone honestly and sincerely believe that in a period of national crisis, the prime minister of thailand would have a conversation with her 'shadowy puppet master brother' in full view of random people? Were he so powerful and nefarious do you think HE would allow it, then? That would be insane. So this leaves only two options:

1. A close and trusted advisor is briefing against her.

2. It was made up.

Since the situation is going to be somewhat paranoid anyways, im going with option 2. She said shed give an announcement. She had a chat (no doubt in private) with her brother for advice. She made her mind up. People in the more public meeting where she announced she would carry on 'fabricated the better part of experience'. The end.

Also, its fairly evident the threat has passed now. The next big challenge is the election. So far PTP have played a blinder here. Theyve continually given the protests room to breath and allowed them to carry out their 'peaceful' intentions (though lets be frank, the hardcore want nothing of the sort here - they want a clampdown, and the tanks to roll in and save them from a tyrannous illegitimate government). Riot and they lose the mainstream support. Dont riot and they lose their momentum. The government and their advisers have been extraordinary: give them room and let them expand as far as theyll go. This monday was the big test. I watched it all day. It did nothing. It achieved nothing. Its gone as far as its going in its current form. The only logical next step is dissipation or violence. And this will mean self-implosion SO LONG AS the government allow the protesters the breathing room to act as they have been doing. Its a masterclass, to be honest, in crisis control.

Actually, there is a report elsewhere in the news that she was close to quitting on Sunday night, is fed up having to deal with the pressure, but Thaksin talked her out of it. So much for your theory. Besides, did it not occur to you that Thaksin's enemies are having a field day because the prime minister is a rookie politician, lacking any experience, clueless and having to get on Skype before making any statements. She was a gift to their cause. She won't last, she might get re-elected eventually but it was never going to work, running a country on remote control through a barbie doll.

i realise that... Sourced by 'sources' close to the 'source'. smile.png

Thats really what i was laughing at with my points. Not because its funny, but because the whole media war is absurd. No one should be keeping a straight face. smile.png

The thing with Yingluck is that she strikes me as someone who genuinely IS having a hard time dealing with the fallout of this. Theres a side of me that thinks shes a frail person who wants the reconciliation she promised, but is constantly thwarted by the rejection she receives from her opposition (in the democrats or suthep - who is playing a terrible game by the way - pure panto villain stuff. Which of course MIGHT be his game - so it makes any coup seem heroic in comparison just to get him off the streets). She may well be incredibly frustrated by this whole thing and just wants to get back to her old life.

Then again, she might well be the calculating crocodile teared fake damsel in distress that the PDRC keep trying to portray her as. And as such IRONICALLY show her to be incredibly intelligent, thoughtful, shrewd politician capable of dealing with such a challenge. Either way, it poses a problem. Is she shrewd and canny and thus the match of this issue with her careful manipulation of popular opinion? Or is she genuinely upset by it all and genuinely feels saddened by the circumstances? No matter which way you go, theres the prospect that you might be propping her up through your damnation. And that, my friends, is the stuff of genius (via hindsight, which we shall soon have). smile.png

As for me (for what its worth, and not believing in evil criminal masterminds)? I think shes genuinely discouraged by all this and has trouble holding her nerve. Her brother, thanks to distance and of course experience helps her with advice. Thus, far from it being a masterclass in real politik, its just indecision and luck. But i have no horse in the race so i dont hate anyone. (Though certain other people also seem a little out of their depth and might lack the intelligence and grace to cope with this situation and their sudden rise to power, (if im honest)). Which makes the call for a centerist with no agenda (hahahahaha!) that much more compelling. Which brings me to another part. Theres sooooooo much room in the center ground, im amazed its yet to happen to be honest smile.png

Edited by inutil
  • Like 1

After Yingluck had decided to quietly step down yesterday, this announcement is a crying shame. And why did she change her mind ? Thaksin. Clearly she really wanted to go, as he had to scare her into staying. He pulled out all the stops. He had to threaten her with the prospect of being thrown in jail. Can you imagine doing that to your own sister ? It's beyond unfathomable. It's almost as if he isn't human. So now we have a prime minister who is more terrified of her brother than the people. Great. But it also means that every press conference she gives no one will ever make the mistake of thinking she is speaking for herself. Her words are Thaksin's words. He would rather she face a humiliating election, where she won't even dare to walk the streets of Bangkok, let alone the South - all to attain a parliament that will be unable to open. Why ? Because Thaksin sees this as the last chance he has to keep a grip on power. In reality, he lost that on October 13, with the public release of the amnesty bill. After that, there was no question that it would lead to this. But he can't see that. In fact, he can't see anything outside of his own blinding ambition. But his sister - not himself - has to deal with it.

So you were privy to all these calls and meetings were u??? So what u say is all fact. What a joke!!

Suthep is basically saying give me the country or I'll trash the joint.

Wasn't that basically what the reds/Thaksin were saying in 2010?

Actually, as i remember (my office was at CWT at the time) they trashed and burned the place... even after they got the elections they wanted...

In what civilized country would you heed the demands of a maniac threatening to destroy the country if you don't hand him the keys?

Are we talking Suthep or Thaksin? Sorry that comment could equally be placed at the feet of either men, with the exception that Suthep hasnt trashed anything (yet) where as Thaksin's lot did.

• Like 1

When all this is over, and all the dust has settled... she will be gone.

The Kamnan is on a roll and the Bangkok crowd is loving it!

Political brinkmanship and showbiz mixed with some home truths make for a very potent mix.

He's no angel, but there's no denying he's the man of the hour.

And he appears to have Thaksin's measure.post-133770-0-14941600-1389704217_thumb.

• Like 2

The supporters of the 15 principles of democracy will overcome (yes Yingluck, this is where you use overcome in a sentence) the supporters of 1 principle of democracy.

Good luck 15 principle supporters. BTW if she is protecting democracy would that mean she is protecting her deputy calling voters garbage? Telling Phuket voters they will get an international meeting hall ONLY if they vote PT. Intimidating voters at public water hearings and not allow the opposition to the scheme enter the building. Is protecting democracy hiding the costs of the rice scheme. Pushing an amnesty through that 81% of the voters didn't want yet it passed 307-0? Is protecting democracy having an unelected criminal actually running the govt? Yes. You heard it here. Unelectable, yet running the country. "Thaksin Thinks. Pheau Thai Acts" (according to some supporters what he really meant was Thaksin Thinks. Pheau Thai acts EXCEPT when it involves an amnesty for Thaksin at which point he is absolutely silent and turns Skype off. Silly absurd logic right? Yet some believe it. Some of you guys make me laugh.) Is protecting it letting your paramilitary wing, the UDD threaten judges with kidnapping if they ruled against the PTP. Is the democracy your defending allowing UDD to intimidate and threaten DEM supporters when they are trying to hold a peaceful rally in the North East? Is democracy allowing "friends of Thaksin" to post death threats and kidnapping threats on Facebook against an Army Generals twin daughters and allowing it to remain on Facebook yet taking down and witch hunting people that say some bad against Yingluck? Is it democracy having CC hearings go through the OAG to ensure that the CC becomes obsolete? Maybe democracy is filling up the senate with YS drivers, cleaners and maids as they know the full advantages of what a vote will allow them. Is democracy spouting anti corruption messages yet trying to absolve brother Thaksin and others of corruption charges? Is democracy not being tolerant to well meaning advice from the World bank, Moody's, UNHCR, Human Rights Watch, the environmentalists, the corn farmer, the rubber farmers, academics, global economists and IMF. No? The UDD sent a letter denouncing the UN for offering sound advice. Well Dr Weng did anyway? The North Korean leader is also one to take no advice from anyone (unless of course it is Dennis Rodman). I don't want the PTP to win an election, but when they do I ask them to practice the other 14 principles of democracy as well as they practice the only 1 that allows them to practice the others. Do that and I will support you. Do that and I am sure a lot of DEMS will support you. Until you do that the current climate will not improve. It will be perpetual dictatorial regimes under a Shinawatra brand name.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 2

"If they do no not observe the rules, how could the country live."

A true word and somewhat ironic coming from the caretaking PM and Pheu Thai party list #1.

a shame she doesn't practice what she preaches

Sent from my RM-892_apac_laos_thailand_219 using Tapatalk

• Like 2