Non O visa from the UK

They might want to see the khor por 14 form from the district office (khet in BKK). This is the form they probably are used to, as it is also needed to apply for a Thai passport.

Just renewed their Thai passports ,no khor por 14 needed, no mom needed,

What's a khor por 14 ?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Form from the district office confirming you have sole parental rights/are sole caretaker. It is needed when applying for a passport for a minor when only one parent signs the application.

post-58526-13916558107776_thumb.jpg

Not sure if I have , if I don't, how do I get one, and will I have to involve the ex wife ?

Because attached to the divorce cert , states I have sole custody.

This came from hull

"If you do have custody of at least one of the children you will need to submit with your visa application a copy of the child’s birth certificate showing you as the father and a copy of the relevant document which shows you to have custody of the child."

We'll I did and got refused,

Don't want to be cynical , but I've seen on here people stating education however good in Thailand does not make them think !!!

Now I realise what they were saying.

But the girl at the embassy she's obviously got a good education but when I spoke to her she seems clueless.

Now I understand the importance of a good education.

Received tourist visa today £50 with cash refund of £75

Somebody said when in Thailand you can convert this to a non o

Is this possible if I have all the relevant docs .

Thanks

Thanks

In order to do a change of visa status from a tourist visa to a non immigrant visa entry you have to meet the requirements for an extension of stay and at the moment Bangkok is the only place to do it.

You would have to have 400k baht in a Thai bank or have proof of 40k baht income. Plus proof of parenthood and custody of your children. Including their house book. I suggest you contact immigration to confirm what you will need.

After getting the non immigrant visa entry you need to apply for an extension of stay at your local immigration office during the last 30 days of the 90 entry you would get.

• Like 1

Thanks

In order to do a change of visa status from a tourist visa to a non immigrant visa entry you have to meet the requirements for an extension of stay and at the moment Bangkok is the only place to do it.

You would have to have 400k baht in a Thai bank or have proof of 40k baht income. Plus proof of parenthood and custody of your children. Including their house book. I suggest you contact immigration to confirm what you will need.

After getting the non immigrant visa entry you need to apply for an extension of stay at your local immigration office during the last 30 days of the 90 entry you would get.

Thanks mate

I've got 3 months bank statements from UK with 2K a month income showing.

Only keep 100k baht in Thailand ,

Think I've got all the papers for sole custody ,see other post,

I'm good to go,,

But where in Bangkok do I go ?

Thanks

Thanks mate

I've got 3 months bank statements from UK with 2K a month income showing.

Only keep 100k baht in Thailand ,

Think I've got all the papers for sole custody ,see other post,

I'm good to go,,

But where in Bangkok do I go ?

You need a letter from the UK embassy to prove your income. Bank statements are not enough. Info: https://www.gov.uk/notarial-and-documentary-services-guide-for-thailand

Until the main office reopen you would go to one of two locations mentioned here: Immigration services at Cheang Wattana now suspended

Random thoughts on non o visas for all,

It seems there is a blanket ban on giving out non o visas, in my opinion,

The reason I say this is,,that the person I spoke to at embassy in London , came up with any excuse not to give me a non o,

Still mystified by this then looking at other posters, other than those who are married and have cert,

Some will say if you have the right paperwork and monies it's not a problem,

Yet I did have correct paperwork ,the same paperwork I used to get kids into school, apply for passports Thai and British ,

And register them on the tabien bahn all without mommy, and all done by myself no third party Thai involved, :-)

Yet they were looking for any excuse to refuse,, why I don't know, but I smell a rat.

A bit like when I went into latplow kaet and wanted to put kids on tabien bahn, was flatly refused told to go back to Issan beg mommy to release them from old house then go to amphur and change the divorce agreement and this and that,

Spoke with a few people used my friends house in thonburi walked into kaet thonburi , bingo 10 mins and 20 baht later all done.

There is always a way,,

Just pondering my options on this one,

Make a complaint to the embassy ,

Go to the ministry of foreign affairs in Thailand and plead my case,

Or sod it I got a 6 month tourist with 60 days

I've decided to complain to the embassy,

Anyone know who I address it to, the ambassador , consul etc

Looked on website but can't find the hierarchy ,

Don't want to just send to anyone ,

Mario,sent my complaint to the ambassador

To whom it may concern,

I recently applied for a non o visa, and was refused,

I would like to know the definitive reason for this,

Because I was told on the phone, because I wasn't married, even though I applied to visit my children.

Then I was told that my children need to be registered, even though the attachments to my divorce certificate state I have sole custody, and my name is on all birth certificates and on the tabien bahn.

On your website it states the criteria needed for a non o visa,

quote : In the case of settlement in Thailand with Thai spouse/ Children/ Parents: your certificate of marriage/birth.

I feel I met that criteria and yet was refused.

Please find attached copies of the original documents I supplied when applying for the said visa.

If there is anything else I need to make a successful application please could you let me know.

Your cooperation is appreciated.

Yours sincerely

Me

Not really a complaint more of a please look into this and tell me what else I need.

• 2 weeks later...

To whom it may concern,

Because I was told on the phone, because I wasn't married, even though I applied to visit my children.

Then I was told that my children need to be registered, even though the attachments to my divorce certificate state I have sole custody, and my name is on all birth certificates and on the tabien bahn.

quote : In the case of settlement in Thailand with Thai spouse/ Children/ Parents: your certificate of marriage/birth.

Please find attached copies of the original documents I supplied when applying for the said visa.

If there is anything else I need to make a successful application please could you let me know.

Yours sincerely

Me

Not really a complaint more of a please look into this and tell me what else I need.

ever get a reply?

To whom it may concern,

Yours sincerely

Me

ever get a reply?

Not as yet,still waiting,

But to be honest not really expecting one,

• 2 weeks later...

Just getting this one visa can throw up lots of problems,

From reading other threads,

If you apply in UK you need documents plus show income of 40 K PM, or 400 K in £. ( not certified by embassy )

If you apply in Thailand you need the same but income needs to be certified by embassy,

If you go to savanakhet you don't need to prove income and pretty straight forward, ( IMO sure to be rectified soon )

As for me on the 02/04/2014 I will go to kaet to ask for a por kor 4 , which I believe now I need, but wasn't confirmed what actually I have to get from UK embassy,

She said you need more documents but then couldn't /wouldn't say which ones.

post-58526-13957077021636_thumb.jpg

Can anyone add anything else I might need ???

• 2 weeks later...

Went to kaet in thonburi and got my por kor 14. More of a carefully worded letter with the krut and the stamp and signature of the palad amphur,

At first as usual said to me you can't do it,, then I asked him to look carefully at the divorce cert and attachments, bi yaa tok long,

Oh I see then you can,, typical always assume that the kids with the mother,

After a long conversation and him asking many ?'s about the welfare of the kids when I'm not here , to satisfy himself in case of any comeback, he wrote the letter,

It is advisable to go with someone Thai on your behalf, however he seemed to want to talk to me, and only me, luckily my Thai is passable in convo, if I stall on one word I'll go round to get my point across,

After all was done he asked me to go out drinking at night, with his friends, unfortunately I live in lat prow and not thonburi but we have a house there that we use the tabien bahn,,

Told him another time.

If you really want something and are willing to go for it , you will get it in Thailand ,and no money changed hands.

It just helps to have a nice nature and be at least able to converse with the locals.

When I go back to the UK I will see if the ambassador has replied to my letter, if not I will use the 60 day tourist visa for my July visit then after that will reapply for a non O visa,

If then they don't issue me with the said visa , the shit will hit the fan,

PS,, anyone who is thinking of divorcing and wants full and sole custody of kid or kids, make sure you do it right, because a botched divorce here can screw you up forever,

I still can't believe how lucky I was when I divorced and asked for sole custody of kids, she can go back to court later, but it will cost a lot of money for her.

Seek advice from professionals , has it will have severe consequences later.

Why don't you make a trip to Savannakhet Laos before you leave and apply for the non-o there rather than waiting to see if you can get one in the UK.

Because I feel I have been mistreated by the embassy in London.

With this new paper I should be ok.

Why have rules then break them.. and make them up as you go along.

I'm not one to look for a fight. But the girl in the embassy Is a complete idiot.

If all else fails I will go to savanakaet in October.

Like I said if I don't meet your criteria then tell me what I need.

She said go to the kaet with a thai and ask them.

When I went there they said the bai yaa tok long is enough.

But we are willing to help you.

It's a battle I know I can win.and have to

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why don't you make a trip to Savannakhet Laos before you leave and apply for the non-o there rather than waiting to see if you can get one in the UK.

I'm not one to look for a fight. But the girl in the embassy Is a complete idiot.

The "Embassy" will have no concern about perceived "mistreatment" .

You will meet have to meet their requirements or go without.

Good advice has been offered it is your choice if that is accepted .

Attitudes such as

"If then they don't issue me with the said visa , the shit will hit the fan" will virtually guarantee arrest , fines and possible jail time.

Attitudes such as

"If then they don't issue me with the said visa , the shit will hit the fan" will virtually guarantee arrest , fines and possible jail time.

There's no attitude. And definitely no arrests.

I will get the said visa by for filling the criteria they set.

I have met the said criteria. But there seems to be some problems with issuing non o visas in the UK

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Attitudes such as

There's no attitude. And definitely no arrests.

I will get the said visa by for filling the criteria they set.

I have met the said criteria. But there seems to be some problems with issuing non o visas in the UK

Maybe as a result of scammers and those who threaten the "shit will hit the fan" if they do not get what they want ?

Trouble with thai visa. Is there's too many 2 bob &lt;deleted&gt; on here.

It's a forum to help others from your own experiences.

And yet the saddos seem to surface at every opportunity.

I'm not a guy who posts about the whole of Thailand should change to suit me like some.

Stay tuned I will get my non o visa without taking a cowards way out. Which will not last for long

I have nothing but admiration for your making a principled stand.

A principled stand is one thing and normally does does not allude to "threat"

.However----------

Threats ie " The shit will hit the fan" are very different

• 10 months later...

So what is the current situation with regards to obtaining a 3 month non imm O visa from UK ? Is it personal callers only?

I am looking to travel sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Will call the Hull consulate in the morning but just wondering if anyone has had recent experience?

Thanks in anticipation..................