Non O visa from the UK

So what is the current situation with regards to obtaining a 3 month non imm O visa from UK ? Is it personal callers only?

I am looking to travel sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Will call the Hull consulate in the morning but just wondering if anyone has had recent experience?

Thanks in anticipation..................

Forget Hull they will not do one they will sell you a 2 entry tourist visa.. The other consulates will do a single entry non-o if you have financial proof.

So what is the current situation with regards to obtaining a 3 month non imm O visa from UK ? Is it personal callers only?

Will call the Hull consulate in the morning but just wondering if anyone has had recent experience?

Forget Hull they will not do one they will sell you a 2 entry tourist visa.. The other consulates will do a single entry non-o if you have financial proof.

Uh, am I missing something here? Ubonjoe, on another thread you say the other consulates (other than Hull) will issue non-imm O visas withOUT financial proof. That was certainly the case when I went to Cardiff last year and got my one-year based upon marriage. Has the situation has changed again?

Uh, am I missing something here? Ubonjoe, on another thread you say the other consulates (other than Hull) will issue non-imm O visas withOUT financial proof. That was certainly the case when I went to Cardiff last year and got my one-year based upon marriage. Has the situation has changed again?

That was a reply for getting one based upon being 50 or over not marriage.

If married you can get a single or multiple entry at the embassy by mail or in person or at one of the consulates in person with no financial proof.

• 1 month later...

I'm 50 this year and want to apply for a single entry non immigrant O visa in the UK so I can then apply for the 1 year extension of stay based on retirement. I have the 800k required sat in my Thai Bank account and can replenish that every year to meet the ongoing requirement, but my question is on the UK end to get the non immigrant O. I am not drawing a pension yet so can't show the £1,400 a month. If I move the annual equivalent just say £20,000 from my savings account into my UK bank account for 3 months is this enough to satisfy the financial requirement ?

I have capital but not pension income. Any advice appreciated, I could travel out on a tourist visa and here mention of Lao for a non immigrant O, would they accept my Thai bank balance for the issue of a non immigrant O.

Thanks

You may be able to acquire the visa at one of the honorary Thai consulates but NOT Hull.

You should discuss your requirement with one (or more) of the honorary consulates .

You will probably have to make application in person.

I'm 50 this year and want to apply for a single entry non immigrant O visa in the UK so I can then apply for the 1 year extension of stay based on retirement. I have the 800k required sat in my Thai Bank account and can replenish that every year to meet the ongoing requirement, but my question is on the UK end to get the non immigrant O. I am not drawing a pension yet so can't show the £1,400 a month. If I move the annual equivalent just say £20,000 from my savings account into my UK bank account for 3 months is this enough to satisfy the financial requirement ?

I have capital but not pension income. Any advice appreciated, I could travel out on a tourist visa and here mention of Lao for a non immigrant O, would they accept my Thai bank balance for the issue of a non immigrant O.

Thanks

As said you should try to get the non-o visa from any of the consulates but not Hull. They should accept your 800k baht in Thai bank to issue it. You will have to apply in person and some of the consulates will want you to make an appointment first but will issue the visa while you wait.

You can get a single entry non-o visa in Vientiane or Penang by showing your bank book with 800k baht in it.

You also have the option to convert to non immigrant visa entry at Bangkok immigration. You must have at least 15 days reaming on your entry. It will take 2 trips to get the visa/entry stamps 15 days apart.

Thanks, I think I might go the Vientiene route as other than the London Embassy I don't have a nearby consulate, Hull's my nearest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you considered the possibility of obtaining an O-A visa from the London Embassy instead? Would entail some faffing about and expense, true - but so, too, might the non-O options which have been outlined at the end of the day.

Glad you asked, I looked at that yesterday but was unsure if that could be converted to an " extension of stay for retirement " when it expires, do you know if this is the case ?

I think I can get the O-A by post from London, but again not sure on whether having the equivalent of 800k in my UK account works. My Thai book surrently shows 750k but will be over 800k when my condo tenant finishes his lease in a couple of months. I can't get my book updated since I'm out the country.

Glad you asked, I looked at that yesterday but was unsure if that could be converted to an " extension of stay for retirement " when it expires, do you know if this is the case ?

I think I can get the O-A by post from London, but again not sure on whether having the equivalent of 800k in my UK account works. My Thai book surrently shows 750k but will be over 800k when my condo tenant finishes his lease in a couple of months. I can't get my book updated since I'm out the country.

Is it possible to get the non-o multiple entry based on marriage, by showing a savings lump-sum rather than an income? I have the 400,000, but not in Thailand. Ps I don't want a single entry then take money to Thailand to "show"

If you apply at the embassy in London you do not need any financial proof to get the multiple entry non-o based upon marriage.

The info on the embassy website (same for Hull) is not correct.

Is it possible to get the non-o multiple entry based on marriage, by showing a savings lump-sum rather than an income? I have the 400,000, but not in Thailand. Ps I don't want a single entry then take money to Thailand to "show"

If you apply at the embassy in London you do not need any financial proof to get the multiple entry non-o based upon marriage.

I'd prefer to not leave the country every 90 days, though

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

in which case you need a single entry "O" visa which can be used obtain an extension of stay.

To obtain the extension based on marriage you would need to evidence 400,000 Bht in a Thai bank or prove an income of 40,000 Bht/month by way of a letter from the British Embassy in Bangkok.

You asked about a visa not an extension of stay based upon marriage you get at immigration here,

You need show 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months to get an extension of stay.

• 1 year later...

Can anybody give me an up-to-date experience on obtaining a Non-O in London please?

I am married to a Thai, I have both the original marriage certificate & copies.

We have a son together, I have his birth certificate & copies.

I have a copy of my wife's ID card, signed.

Anything else needed?

If I get the application in early, will I be able to pick up the next day? On the Royal Thai Embassy website it says it takes 1 working day but there is conflicting info all over the web...

Thanks in advance for any info.

MD

Can anybody give me an up-to-date experience on obtaining a Non-O in London please?

I am married to a Thai, I have both the original marriage certificate & copies.

We have a son together, I have his birth certificate & copies.

I have a copy of my wife's ID card, signed.

Anything else needed?

If I get the application in early, will I be able to pick up the next day? On the Royal Thai Embassy website it says it takes 1 working day but there is conflicting info all over the web...

Thanks in advance for any info.

MD

You will also need a signed copy of your wife's house book registry.

You apply the morning of one day between 9 and 12. You pick it up the next day from 11 to 12.

• 4 months later...

I plan to visit the Thai Embassy London in 2 weeks time to obtain a: Category Non-Immigrant Type "O"  90 day visa. To visit my Thai wife.

Thai Embassy London website states:

Non-Immigrant Type O

a copy of marriage certificate,a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 anuually.)

I have photo copies of:
  • marriage certificate
  • wife's ID card

Is there anything else that i need?

@ubonjoe

RE: "You will also need a signed copy of your wife's house book registry."

Is this correct? I can obtain docs from my wife in Thailand, but only scanned and sent to me via attachment as I'm in UK.

Any advice / help, much appreciated.

I plan to visit the Thai Embassy London in 2 weeks time to obtain a: Category Non-Immigrant Type "O"  90 day visa. To visit my Thai wife.

Thai Embassy London website states:

Non-Immigrant Type O
a copy of marriage certificate,a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400 anuually.)
  I have photo copies of:
  • marriage certificate
  • wife's ID card

Is there anything else that i need?

@ubonjoe

RE: "You will also need a signed copy of your wife's house book registry."

Is this correct? I can obtain docs from my wife in Thailand, but only scanned and sent to me via attachment as I'm in UK.
  Any advice / help, much appreciated.

A copy of her passport will be accepted instead of the house book registry.
The financial proof will not be needed. That is an error on their website.
  • Like 1

@ubonjoe

Thanks for that FAST response, what financial proof do i need, as I'm not working, however i do have savings here in UK and Thailand, also do you think this would be OK to do a postal application to London or better in person?

Much appreciated.:smile:

You need no financial proof. They do not ask for it when you apply.
You can do it by post. Average from day sent to when you get it back is about 5 days.
In person it is the next day at 11 am.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Thai Embassy London

Got it in a 3 day turn around via post!

For those who seach here this is what i supplied:

• Copy marriage certificate
  • Copy wife's ID card
  • A copy of wifes passport
  • Copy of House book registry

Make sure you pay for royal mail special delivery guaranteed, BOTH WAYS - as this covers you up to £500 if there is lost documents etc. AND its NEXT day delivery!

@ubonjoe

Can i extend this Non-Immigrant Type "O"  90 day visa?

Cheers and thanks for ya help!:smile:

You can extend the 90 day permit to stay the visa allows but not the visa.

Did you get a single or multiple entry visa?

You can extend the 90 days for 60 days to visit you wife.

You can also apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ozzy111 said:

@ubonjoe I was married to my Thai wife in Australia, I got my first multi non O with no problem with the Aussie marriage certificate in Sydney... but its almost up and wanting a new one....... will this marriage certificate be accepted in Laos do you think??

They will accept your marriage certificate from Australia at Savannakhet to apply for the visa.

• Like 1