Non O visa from the UK

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can extend the 90 day permit to stay the visa allows but not the visa.

Did you get a single or multiple entry visa?

You can extend the 90 days for 60 days to visit you wife.

You can also apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage. You will need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

Thanks  Joe,

I have a single entry visa.

My ticket is to stay 5 months, so all i need is an 60 day extension, as i return to UK April 2017.

I do NOT have proof of income, however i do have 400k baht in a Thai bank in my name. Would that be OK for the 60 day extension?

Cheers  Joe  :signthaivisa:

25 minutes ago, CaptainPeacock said:

Thanks  Joe,

I have a single entry visa.

My ticket is to stay 5 months, so all i need is an 60 day extension, as i return to UK April 2017.

I do NOT have proof of income, however i do have 400k baht in a Thai bank in my name. Would that be OK for the 60 day extension?

Cheers  Joe  :signthaivisa:

Financial proof is not needed for the 60 day extension.

• Like 1

Joe just to be clear...

is the  immigration office for extension of this type of visa at: suan phlu immigration office bangkok  OR chaengwattana?

will I only need 2 passport type photos and to fill out a form?

any idea of the cost?

would it be ok to apply for extension 1 month before expiry of the 3 month visa?

THANKS for ya help!:smile:

32 minutes ago, CaptainPeacock said:

Joe just to be clear...

is the  immigration office for extension of this type of visa at: suan phlu immigration office bangkok  OR chaengwattana?

will I only need 2 passport type photos and to fill out a form?

any idea of the cost?

would it be ok to apply for extension 1 month before expiry of the 3 month visa?

THANKS for ya help!:smile:

Suan Plu closed many years ago. If you are living in Bangkok you would apply for the 60 day extension (not a visa) at Chaeng Wattana.

You would complete a TM7 application form with a  a 4 X 6 cm photo attached to it.

Your wife will need be with you. You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card. The fee is 1900 baht.

You could apply during the last couple weeks of the 90 day entry,

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just loged in, anyway ...

Someone PM'd me asking/in regards to the 'Royal mail special delivery guaranteed' return envelope, you just add extra £10 to the postal order. Check Thai London embassy website.

Joe if ya reading this, I need 61 days extension - will there be a problem asking for 1 day extra?

Cheers!

11 hours ago, CaptainPeacock said:

Just loged in, anyway ...

Someone PM'd me asking/in regards to the 'Royal mail special delivery guaranteed' return envelope, you just add extra £10 to the postal order. Check Thai London embassy website.

Joe if ya reading this, I need 61 days extension - will there be a problem asking for 1 day extra?

Cheers!

It is a persons choice which method they use to have their passport sent back to them. The special delivery return envelope costs less plus you will have a tracking number so your can track it.

They will not give your more than 60 days. No problem for a one day overstay and if leaving  from either airport in Bangkok you will not pay the 500 baht fine for it.

• 1 month later...
On 27/10/2016 at 0:15 PM, ubonjoe said:

Suan Plu closed many years ago. If you are living in Bangkok you would apply for the 60 day extension (not a visa) at Chaeng Wattana.

You would complete a TM7 application form with a  a 4 X 6 cm photo attached to it.

Your wife will need be with you. You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card. The fee is 1900 baht.

You could apply during the last couple weeks of the 90 day entry,

WARNING!     WARNING!     WARNING!

RE: 60 Day Extension

After waiting 3 1/2 hours to been seen by an immigration officer at chaeng-wattana, my application was REFUSED!

The reason?

My wife is from just outside BKK, and as we live in BKK, you need to bring your apartment/condo/house contract/doc with both your names MR & MRS on it.

Oh boy was I pissed off!:mad:

So had to go back to chaeng-wattana the following day with the apt contract, this time got there at 7:45am, blimey theres people queuing there since 5am! Must of been around 70 faces...all with bottles or bags to hold there line in pecking order!

Anyway got seen in 1 1/2 hours, it was a different immigration officer, this time...non-smiling. Had to sign more forms, and also put the reason for extension, even though had already done that on the original form, so i though of writing " BECAUSE I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE YOU 1,900 BAHT!" :giggle:
I wonder even if they read this part?

Anyway GOT the 60 day extension...Ah 555 didn't write the above! ...:laugh:

Edited by CaptainPeacock

• 2 months later...
On 08/04/2015 at 1:37 PM, ubonjoe said:

If you apply at the embassy in London you do not need any financial proof to get the multiple entry non-o based upon marriage.

The info on the embassy website (same for Hull) is not correct.

Is this still the case?  I checked the embassy website and it still hasn't been changed.  Are there any reports of people getting visas without financials?

12 minutes ago, teatree said:

Is this still the case?  I checked the embassy website and it still hasn't been changed.  Are there any reports of people getting visas without financials?

Yes there have been reports of people getting them with no financial proof.

I Applied for my Non-Imm " O " Multi Entry at The Liverpool Consul, NO Financial Proof,It was forwarded to The London Embassy by Fax, 2 Hours Later I Received a Phone Call from Liverpool......And Sue said " Come & Get Your'e Passport Back,Your'e Visa ALREADY Approved "..........That was June 2016......Just Sayin' Like !!!

2 hours ago, Nong Khai Man said:

I Applied for my Non-Imm " O " Multi Entry at The Liverpool Consul, NO Financial Proof,It was forwarded to The London Embassy by Fax, 2 Hours Later I Received a Phone Call from Liverpool......And Sue said " Come & Get Your'e Passport Back,Your'e Visa ALREADY Approved "..........That was June 2016......Just Sayin' Like !!!

Liverpool is a great consulate. Unfortunately, none of the honorary consulates is now allowed to handle the multiple entry visas. This is really painful for some, especially people who are nervous about entrusting their passports to the postal "service" to get visas from the London embassy.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2017 at 2:02 PM, BritTim said:

Liverpool is a great consulate. Unfortunately, none of the honorary consulates is now allowed to handle the multiple entry visas. This is really painful for some, especially people who are nervous about entrusting their passports to the postal "service" to get visas from the London embassy.

I have used UK Special Delivery to send my passport from my home in SE UK to the London embassy twice in the past two years. I either put extra money in for return postage, or put a self-addressed Special Delivery envelope in with my passport, application, fee, etc. Both these options are mentioned on the embassy website. Before that, when i was using the Hull consulate, I did the same thing for about 8 years....so far so good :mellow:

• 1 year later...
For folks searching in regards to this visa:  Non-Imm " O " I got the Multi Entry 12 month from London in person last Nov 2018, all they asked for was marriage cert, did NOT ask about financial proof. Though i think if really depends who you see at the counter...

Anyway i have a question, as it looks like i have to return to UK early and only need a 60 day extension...

The apt i stay, is government owned - and last year they kicked out the old useless management company.

However the old management company always put both my wife's & my name on our 1 year APT contract.

The new APT management will NOT do that they only put 1 name on our 1 year APT contract and its my wife's name.

My wife asked the new management if they can supply a letter stating that i live in this APT, they said no, but they say i can get a form from immigration ? and they will sign it stating i live at this APT.

I know for a fact that Chang-watten Thai immigration BKK will NOT give me a 60 day extension without my name on the APT contract.

Hoping ubonjoe or anyone can kindly help in regards to this form ? Download link? OR any info.

THANKS in advance.
Edited by CaptainPeacock

3 hours ago, CaptainPeacock said:
The new APT management will NOT do that they only put 1 name on our 1 year APT contract and its my wife's name.

That should no be a problem. Just have your wife write a short statement that you are living with her.

My wife asked the new management if they can supply a letter stating that i live in this APT, they said no, but they say i can get a form from immigration ? and they will sign it stating i live at this APT.

They probably mean a TM30 form. Have them complete this one and put your name and info on page 2. TM30 Form Notification of aliens staying at a residence

I know for a fact that Chang-watten Thai immigration BKK will NOT give me a 60 day extension without my name on the APT contract.

I am not sure that is a fact. Many people are living a house or condo owned by their wife and getting extensions without a problem

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

RE: That should no be a problem. Just have your ? write a short statement that you are living with her.

THANKS Joe, do you mean in the above to get the WIFE or APT owner 'write a short statement?'

46 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

They probably mean a TM30 form. Have them complete this one and put your name and info on page 2. TM30 Form Notification of aliens staying at a residence

" I know for a fact that Chang-watten Thai immigration BKK will NOT give me a 60 day extension without my name on the APT contract. "

I am not sure that is a fact. Many people are living a house or condo owned by their wife and getting extensions without a problem

In regards to the above, 2 years ago i went to Chang-watten immigration, and they would NOT give me a 60 day extension without seeing the APT contract with my name on it, i remember this well because we had to go back to the APT and return next day with said APT contract.

So hopefully the TM30 should suffice?

Thank you Joe for your help.

14 minutes ago, CaptainPeacock said:

THANKS Joe, do you mean in the above to get the WIFE or APT owner 'write a short statement?'

I failed to type wife. Fixed it now.

16 minutes ago, CaptainPeacock said:

In regards to the above, 2 years ago i went to Chang-watten immigration, and they would NOT give me a 60 day extension without seeing the APT contract with my name on it, i remember this well because we had to go back to the APT and return next day with said APT contract.

That was a way over the top action by them. I suggest you try again with the TM30 report and the statement from your wife.

I have an extension of stay based upon marriage and the rental agreement is in my wife's name only.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Joe, I have the TM30 form completed & signed by the chief officer at our APT building.

Will be going next week to Chang-watten immigration so I will report back.

One other thing, is the 60 day extension form TM7 ? as below?

As i'd rather fill it now, than the mad rush when i arrive at Chang-watten!

Do let me know, cheers!

http://www.immigrationbangkok.com/files/visa_forms/tm7.pdf

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

arrived at Chang-watten immigration early morning 6am, and still loads of people already queuing!

at the counter woman said you have to 1st file TM30 form separately - did this in 10 minutes.

however after waiting 3 hours to see IO for 60 day extension she says she needs TM30 form - after my mrs explained to IO - IO said maybe you should come back tomorrow with new TM30 form ! sh*t you couldn't make it up at this place!

long story short mrs went over to TM30 office and got her to photo-copy TM30 AND give back original, and eventually got my 60 day extension.

so for folks doing this make sure you copy TM30 - and keep original TM30 for your extension.

47 minutes ago, CaptainPeacock said:

at the counter woman said you have to 1st file TM30 form separately - did this in 10 minutes.

however after waiting 3 hours to see IO for 60 day extension she says she needs TM30 form - after my mrs explained to IO - IO said maybe you should come back tomorrow with new TM30 form ! sh*t you couldn't make it up at this place!

long story short mrs went over to TM30 office and got her to photo-copy TM30 AND give back original, and eventually got my 60 day extension.

so for folks doing this make sure you copy TM30 - and keep original TM30 for your extension.

That is odd.  In many offices, they cut off the lower-portion of the form and staple it to the last page of your passport.  It is not unusual for a TM-30 to be required for anything to do with marriage-based things - though less often reported for retirement.