Reflective Spray Paint

MrBrad

Does anyone know if it's possible to buy reflective spray paint in Thailand? I've found it online for over US$20 a can, but it cannot be shipped to Thailand...at least not to the individual retail buyer. It looks like good stuff, and I'd like to get some, but how?

Thanks.

Have it shipped to a friend back home, get them to unpack it, dent and scrape paint a little overspray to make it look used and then ship it to you in Thailand cheapest postal service that has tracking, maybe EMS.

This may avoid a hefty import duty. But keep the receipt so at least you've got a ceiling on the actual value if you do need to argue their inflated assessment down.

There are also commercial reshipping services, service like this is also part of the menu at a Mailbox ETC maildrop. . .

Edited by wym

Have it shipped to a friend back home, get them to unpack it, dent and scrape paint a little overspray to make it look used and then ship it to you in Thailand cheapest postal service that has tracking, maybe EMS.

This may avoid a hefty import duty. But keep the receipt so at least you've got a ceiling on the actual value if you do need to argue their inflated assessment down.

There are also commercial reshipping services, service like this is also part of the menu at a Mailbox ETC maildrop. . .

Given it would be classed as dangerous it may need to come via sea freight.

Yes, again, it's not cheap, but for this kind of product, I'd gladly pay it. Having better visibility on the motorcycle or walking at night could be lifesaving. And, god forbid, when lying somewhere in the ditch after the accident, one's reflective helmet would aid in being found before daylight comes. Ugggh.

Given it would be classed as dangerous it may need to come via sea freight.

This is the problem, and maybe surface shipping is the way to go. The airlines do not allow spray paint even in cargo, at least not on passenger planes. My purpose for the topic was first to see if anyone had seen this in Thailand. If not, I'll have to resort to Plan B--whatever that may be.

Yes, again, it's not cheap, but for this kind of product, I'd gladly pay it. Having better visibility on the motorcycle or walking at night could be lifesaving. And, god forbid, when lying somewhere in the ditch after the accident, one's reflective helmet would aid in being found before daylight comes. Ugggh.

F thats what you want it for, what's wrong with reflective tape?

Sea freight's both cheapest and most likely to pass under custom's radar.

In the meantime I've seen that super-reflective safety tape used on bicycles, quick and dirty workaround.

I do like the fact that during the day the reflective spray is invisible. Also, I want to use it for other applications around the yard and near the street where some drivers don't seem to know how to avoid driving into my garden now and again. And, as Tywais comments, one of the reasons I'm wanting spray paint is because of complex geometry I am trying to cover. The tape, which I have used in the past on the bicycle, is also an excellent product, however.

Some eccentric people are stuck on their ideas, and want it done the way they want it done. Perverse persistence is the key.

Edited by MrBrad