Philippines warns its citizen to avoid traveling to Thailand

webfact

Philippines warns its citizen to avoid traveling to Thailand

BANGKOK 15 January 2014 (NNT) — The Philippines government has issued an official warning to its citizens to avoid traveling to Thailand due to the ongoing political unrest.

According to the spokesperson for the Philippines Foreign Ministry, the Philippines government has increased its level of travel warning to Thailand to level 1.

Moreover, the government has urged its citizens, if possible, to avoid traveling to Thailand due to the political unrest.

In regard to Filipinos residing or visiting Thailand, the archipelago government has warned them not to participate in any political demonstrations and stay clear of the ongoing protests.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-01-15 footer_n.gif

LMAO cheesy.gifcheesy.gif This is so funny...coming from a Country like the Philippines clap2.gif

US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, the Great Britain, Ireland, France, Sweden, Germany, Austria, Spain, Greece, Portugal, Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Romania, Finland, Hungary, Italy, Switzerland, Slovak, Russia, Kazakhstan, Poland, Czech, Turkey, Israel, the UAE, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Japan, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, India, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore.

Is it still so funny?

Nothing so wrong with the Philippines, government is just as corrupt, Muslim extremists in the south, same weather, and two political parties at each others throats and being assassinated, food is much better here though and I must add that at smiles seem a tad more genuine in some parts, but heck that's the same as Thailand...

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

LMAO cheesy.gifcheesy.gif This is so funny...coming from a Country like the Philippines clap2.gif

US, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, the Great Britain, Ireland, France, Sweden, Germany, Austria, Spain, Greece, Portugal, Belgium, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Romania, Finland, Hungary, Italy, Switzerland, Slovak, Russia, Kazakhstan, Poland, Czech, Turkey, Israel, the UAE, Kuwait, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Japan, China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, South Korea, India, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Malaysia, and Singapore.

Is it still so funny?

Big difference, none of those countries advised against travelling to Thailand only to stay away from protest areas

• Like 1

Is it still so funny?

Big difference, none of those countries advised against travelling to Thailand only to stay away from protest areas

True enough. As we speak how many other countries have issued a travel advisory?

People that like to insult are just unhappy about something in their lives. They usually doing that kind of post to make themselves feel better. "Remember: Keep on doing that someday someone will do the same to you".

Edited by Shancloudy
  • Like 1

Is it still so funny?

Yes, because few if any of those countries has actually advised its citizens not to travel to Thailand at all.

A little bit like the pot calling the kettle black. But if they have been on the campfire and they are they are.

Both have corrupt politicians, separatists in the south who like to bomb things and people. They should

probably both have standing warnings about about travel to each others countries. blink.png

Is it still so funny?

Yes, because few if any of those countries has actually advised its citizens not to travel to Thailand at all.

Funny ha??? Ok, laugh as much as you want....

I d'ont blame the gov of the Phillipines for warning its citizens againsed travel to BKK at the moment with all the goings on their , but to put a travel warning in place for Thailand as a whole seems a little bit too much.

Here in Chiang Mai its like nothing has happened and everyday life is going on as per norm. Thailand is a great place and hopefully the BKK problems will soon enough pass so the ppl there can get back to normal everyday things.. Well for this time at least !

• Like 2

Is it still so funny?

Ahh Australia hasn't. Business as usual, expect delays and stay away from protest sites blah blah. But then we are only a bunch of convicts why bother. Very shameful really when one sees so many other countries paying heed to what could very quickly escalate... Ahh dfat.gov.au are you in the office or sucking on a tinnie?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I actually think it is pretty alarming coming from a country like the Philippines. That country can be incredibly violent, yet they are issuing warnings about Thailand. That should tell you a little something about the intel government officials have that we as civilians don't have. I'm sure the chatter over the cables and behind closed doors right now is frightening. When you have a group threatening to kidnap the Prime Minster of a nation, and seize aircraft control of the entire country, the chance of massive bloodshed is drastically increased. These people can turn on a dime and slaughter at will.

I actually think it is pretty alarming coming from a country like the Philippines. That country can be incredibly violent, yet they are issuing warnings about Thailand. That should tell you a little something about the intel government officials have that we as civilians don't have. I'm sure the chatter over the cables and behind closed doors right now is frightening. When you have a group threatening to kidnap the Prime Minster of a nation, and seize aircraft control of the entire country, the chance of massive bloodshed is drastically increased. These people can turn on a dime and slaughter at will.

Could be thumbing their noses, face thing. Who knows?

I live in the red heartlands and there's no great sense of alarm up here. Actually it seems no one gives a %&@!

A little bit like the pot calling the kettle black. But if they have been on the campfire and they are they are.

Both have corrupt politicians, separatists in the south who like to bomb things and people. They should

probably both have standing warnings about about travel to each others countries. blink.png

I'd travel to LOS now, even BKK. In fact i am there now. PI? forget it, not in a million years.

Who needs a girl working with LE to falsely accuse you of rape?

The infrastructure & beggars there also suck.

Add to that all the security at banks, malls etc with firearms, etc

A warning for travellers not to visit their own country would be more justified by PI.

Edited by oldthaihand99

Could be thumbing their noses, face thing. Who knows?

Very possible.

Is it still so funny?

well, actually...

The Nation January 11, 2014 1:00 am

"Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates have even advised their citizens to cancel travel plans...

Citizens from Taiwan, Hong Kong, Russia and Oman, for whom Thailand is a favourite destination, have also been advised to stay away."

@janderton. Really? You mean this warning not to go to Thailand (Hong Kong advisory notice); "Any Hongkongers visiting Bangkok should avoid non-essential travel or adjust travel plans. However, “those already there should monitor the situation, attend to personal safety and avoid protests and large gatherings of people,” according to the latest guidance issued" The warnings are to avoid Bangkok, not Thailand so instead of quoting a newspaper which is 5 days old get off your ass and do some reasearch before making yourself look like a dimwit.

@Alwyn :
- the newspaper editors are in charge to do reasearch before publish, not me.
- i do agree this "Citizens from Taiwan, Hong Kong, Russia and Oman, for whom Thailand is a favourite destination, have also been advised to stay away." could be a deceptive (better say incomplete) sentence
- the fact that the article is (was) 5 days old what matters? the situation is worsening day by day, is not yet come the time for the other Countries to lift the special warning issued
- anyway, Kuwait , United Arab Emirates and Philippines already warned its citizens to avoid traveling to Thailand, and more to come

PS
i will not accept passively a further reply as rude as the previous one

Edited by janderton

@Alwyn :

- the newspaper editors are in charge to do reasearch before publish, not me.

- i do agree this "Citizens from Taiwan, Hong Kong, Russia and Oman, for whom Thailand is a favourite destination, have also been advised to stay away." could be a deceptive (better say incomplete) sentence

- the fact that the article is (was) 5 days old what matters? the situation is worsening day by day, is not yet come the time for the other Countries to lift the special warning issued

- anyway, Kuwait , United Arab Emirates and Philippines already warned its citizen to avoid traveling to Thailand, and more to come

PS i will not accept passively a further reply as rude as the previous one

Hong Kong just upped its travel warning to black, avoid travelling to Thailand. More will follow this week without a doubt the way things are going.

Pay no attention to the trolls they are mostly safe and sound on a barstool somewhere or wish they were ;)