Russian Man Arrested With Marijuana

Rimmer

The U.S. Federal government also classifies cannabis (incorrectly) as a "narcotic". A narcotic technically is an opiate, derivative or analog. The police don't seem to be making a big dent in weed consumption if the result of their task force effort and headline news was one arrest for possession for 3 grams and the guy almost escaped. They even bust Thais for possession.

I see weed for sale here frequently, and openly. I couldn't pick ya ba out of a room full of gay pop machines. I've never seen it yet its always in the news.

I think if you don't smoke it on the street, or get too high off the brick weed here and act "suspicious" or be carrying in the wrong place at the wrong time, no police are going to hunt you down.

Since the cops here are coin-operated, I think the best thing to do if you're caught is say "my bad, how much money do you want?"

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yay, jailtime for a $50 bag of Thai grass.

The world is such a safer place now.

Poor bastard.

Nothing to do with that......Is the stuff legal or not in LOS.............Yes/No........rolleyes.gif

In a country where the law is applied so whimsically, this might not be the right question to ask...

There are situations that would require the attention of the authorities way before this so called crime...

He should have tried to pay the cops on the street, as soon as you are at soi 9 there are no deals to be made.

slightly inaccurate, its all deals once you are in the cells at soi 9, probably a little more costly tho

Maybe you could strike a deal at soi 9 if you have millions, but as soon as you are in the system there no bribes to get you off your charge.

And yes there are bribes to be had in the cells, like visiting privileges etc, but a farang once in the cells, can not bribe to get his charge dropped.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Wow 3 grams of pot ! You go Supercops ! FYI Mr Plod ,pot is not nor has it ever been a narcotic.

Is it illegal in Thailand.....? Yes or No......?

Yes illegal. Strictly prohibited. It is illegal to buy, sell, use, or produce it under all circumstances.

Thailand considers marijuana to be a "narcotic", as it is on the list of narcotic drugs under international control.

But they do make a difference between class 1 and class 2 drugs....! So I think at the police station he would have gotten a fine and thats it. Now he hit an officer, thats bad.

Wow 3 grams of pot ! You go Supercops ! FYI Mr Plod ,pot is not nor has it ever been a narcotic.

Is it illegal in Thailand.....? Yes or No......?

In one word, YES... no minimal exclusion, though 3 gramms would hardly make a decent smoke. Poor guy, probably bought the stuff off some RTP a short time prior....

Wonder how long it'll be before possession of marijuana is decriminalised throughout the World, as is now the case in North America & the UK ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

IMHO is more than stupid to jail someone for weed posession ........ the history above is way different as assault to officer happened

Wonder how long it'll be before possession of marijuana is decriminalised throughout the World, as is now the case in North America & the UK ?

Hopefully neverbah.gif

Oh yay, jailtime for a $50 bag of Thai grass.

The world is such a safer place now.

Poor bastard.

I doubt whether this extremely stupid guy would do jail time for the grass ,but in an act of comlete stupidity he knocked down a policeman and ran for it. idiot.

Hopefully neverbah.gif

You must have thought the same about ending the prohibition back then....

• Like 2

You will not be busted for weed in the USA, no cop would waste their time on less than an ounce.

In 2012, more people subject to the New York Police Department’s controversial stop-and-frisks were]arrested for marijuana than for anything else, according to a new analysis by the New York Civil Liberties Union. While NYPD’s stated purpose for its aggressive and racially disproportionate stop-and-frisk program is to target guns, the number of people arrested for marijuana was more than six times the number of guns recovered. While 729 guns were recovered, 5,000 people were arrested for marijuana. Overall, more than 26,000 people were stopped for marijuana possession.

Most importantly, the judge found that the police targeted minorities with its stop-and-frisk tactics. In fifty-two per cent of the 4.4 million stops, the person stopped was black, in thirty-one percent the person was Hispanic, and in ten per cent the person was white. (In 2010, New York City’s resident population was roughly twenty-three per cent black, twenty-nine per cent Hispanic, and thirty-three per cent white.) In all, Judge Scheindlin concluded, “these results show that blacks are likely targeted for stops based on a lesser degree of objectively founded suspicion than whites.”

FBI statistics from 2011 show that the War on Drugs is going strong, with more people arrested for drug crimes than anything else. U.S. police arrest someone for a marijuana crime every 42 seconds, and 87 percent of those are for mere possession. These numbers are slightly down from the last two years, but drug crimes still represent more than eight percent of all arrests.

You will not be busted for weed in the USA if you are white, is the bottom line (trolling for those who don't quite get it...).

Edited by mikebike
  • Like 1

WOW!!! 3.14 grams or so; an amazing bust with a street value of less than 500 baht. Great job exposing yourself BIB

Be warned!!! My friend just went through a shakedown with the BIB who showed her a bag of Ganja and 2000 baht that a known Lao seller told the cop my friend had bought to sell, which was total lies start to fiinsh, Before all the tea money had exchanged hands to the tune of almost 25,000 baht my friend had been threatened with 6 years in the monkey house. The BIB offered her a "lawyer" to assist her but before that they let my friend speak privately to the seller. This was so the seller and my friend could negotiate a fee whereby the seller would tell the cops my friend was not going to sell but was going to give the ganja to her boyfriend for his birthday.This cost my friend 3,000 baht to the seller

The BIB is not believing this so he tells my friend he will let her go if she pays him 30,000 baht, My friend offered 10,000 which quickly disappeared into the cops pocket. Then the lawyer says my fee is 35,000 baht and an offer of 10,000 was made so he was happy, The ending. believe it or not, is that when the cop told my friend she could go with no worry, he gave her the ganja and said tell your boyfriend to have a good birthday, We make easy money this way on small amounts of Ganja but we are not forgiving for Yaba and we willl not shake you down again. The seller, the cops and the lawyer were all in on this scam Amazing Thailand If I ever see my friend again and she still has the weed I definitely will enjoy it with every toke on the bamboo water pipe.

Edited by Bigfarang1948

Bigfarang1948, on 15 Jan 2014 - 16:52, said:

WOW!!! 3.14 grams or so; an amazing bust with a street value of less than 500 baht. Great job exposing yourself BIB

Be warned!!! My friend just went through a shakedown with the BIB who showed her a bag of Ganja and 2000 baht that a known Lao seller told the cop my friend had bought to sell, which was total lies start to fiinsh...

If you can't accept that Thailand takes a dim view of illicit drugs then you need to read up. The BIB will occasionally accept a suitable pecuniary inducement to make the problem go away but that's neither here nor there.

If you end up in a Thai court charged with possession and/or intent to supply then you're on your own. You might get lucky or will otherwise find yourself banged up. Who knows?

Illicit drugs detected in urine will also result in a similar outcome.

I recall a clip on the UK news years ago of footage of two Western smugglers coming out of a South East Asia prison in boxes after being executed by hanging.

Let's head for the hills!!!!!! Those bad, bad, Russians are at it again!!!!!!!

International, 'Rizla' smugglers are next in line!!!!

Never mind the child murderer, or a hundred (ill)egal deaths that occur everyday in this fine city!!!!