Greetings to all at Thai Visa forum

I am in the process of looking to work in Thailand

Any pointers about the best place to look for work would be greatfully recieved

I am in the IT sector with Vast hardware accreditations from most major manufactures

some of my skills are listed below

• Desktop & laptops inc Compaq, IBM, Toshiba, Dell, HP& Fujitsu Icl etc

• Printers in Hp, Brother & Kyocera etc inc laser, Inkjet & Dot-matrix

• ACSLS -StorageTek

• IBM RS600

• IBM AIX

• Accredited Compaq Technician

• Windows XP

• Windows 2000

• Windows NT4

• Windows 95 , 98 , ME

I have managed Winxp rollouts for major Companies and Goverment organisations within the UK

If any one can help with any positions i will send updated copy of my Curriculum Vitae

Via Email

I am looking for either short or long term contract work

Thanks for looking and any help recieved

Bill

Getting work in Thailand is not easy, but possible

Here are some options (not all, but some, and not in any kind of priority ):

1. Latch on to a company in your home country that has an operation in Thailand that has slots for farangs....

2. Try the web. Companies like Monster.com, Jobs.com, etc, google searches for jobs in Thailand.

3. Have you thought of starting your own company? There is a need here for a decent computer service company or two...or three.....or more....

4. You might also want to look at teaching jobs....they don't pay very well, but they can be used to buy time while you look around, and to make contacts, which are all important here as a stepping stone to more desired jobs. Take a look at www.ajarn.com.

5. You could even consider getting an advanced degree here...there are a number of them in the English language. You can then get into networking for jobs, and once you have classmates in Thailand, it is easier to get a job.

6. Try a visit here to look around and survey the market. Contact the recruiting companies, although many of the top ones will only recruit Thai nationals, you can never tell what will turn up. At least by contacting thm you can get some intel and ideas on how to proceed.

Have a look at jobsdb.com, jobtopgun.com

Mainly the kind of job you have stated are centered for Thai people.

Can you understand Thai when a Thai customer comes and complain about a problem in his Computer and answer him in Thai?

If you can, then the chances of finding a job for you is favorable, otherwise you will need some luck. :o

Guest timbee

Well said kwiz: anyone who wants to be a project manager here must be able to manage, and you clearly can't do that in english, unless you're fortunate enough to land a job at an MNC. the investment in learning the thai language is very much worthwhile, though it does mean you may have to start out in a position which you may feel is inferior to your abilities - and may also involve your having to respect people who you also feel are inferior in their abilities. if you let that part show, you'll last all of five minutes. but the sad fact is, you take a lower position because you have to acknowledge that whatever accomplishments you have back home, here you have no experience, and before you can command a position of respect, you have to earn it.

Same most places in the world,really.

Thanks for info

Im back in Bangkok for three weeks in May I arrive 22nd

At the moment im looking for a Thai Language tutor in the uk

I am using Pimsleur Thai as a base for starting language course any body used this it seems quite good ?? is there a better course for me to use

Guest timbee

personally, i have always used what they call a "sleeping dictionary" as my language tutor ... but the thai you learn that way isn't handy in business a business thai is much more formalised than everyday thai ... and in a work environment, you also need to learn to read and write. i was lucky as i had a professor from thammasart uni for that, though there are online tools that can help you there.