Police Welcome Protesters With Free Water

Lite Beer

Police Welcome Protesters With Free Water

By Khaosod English

13897854151389785438l.jpg

The police have distributed bottles of water to anti-government protesters who staged a rally in front of the headquarters of Royal Thai Police today.

The protesters cheered as Pol.Gen. Montri Yimyaem and his two deputies, Pol.Gen. Worata Kitwaree and Pol.Lt.Gen. Weerasak Thongsari, passed the water through the main gate, free of charge, on the particularly sunny day.

The move offers a brief reconciliation in the ongoing political crisis; previous clashes between police and protesters led by People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) have resulted in a number of deaths and injuries on both sides.

Mr. Chumphon Junsai, a core leader of the PCAD who was nearby, responded to the police′s friendly gesture by saying via loudspeaker that he wishes to see more policemen in uniform facilitating the needs of the protesters.

“We have no prejudice, and we are glad to see good policemen sincerely welcoming the people”, Mr. Chumphon stated on the stage.

Pol.Gen. Montri said he is delighted that the protesters had "visited" the police headquarters for several times already, and replied to Mr. Chumphon that the police is willing to assist the protesters, as long as they are demonstrating peacefully.

However, Pol.Gen. Montri expressed his worry that a "third hand" party might attempt to spark the violence and stir misunderstandings.

“The police cannot interfere with politics, but we have vowed to look after every citizen equally,” said Pol.Gen.Montri, “If there is anything we can do, we will.

In response to Pol.Gen. Montri′s remarks, many protesters cheered and blew their whistles, but Mr. Chumphon warned that the police must keep their words.

The PCAD leader insisted that he will continue to criticise Pol.Gen. Adul Saengsingkaew, chief of the Royal Thai Police, until he "stops acting like slave" to the government.

He also vowed to break the truce and storm into the police headquarters if the protesters ever spot a helicopter carrying Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra into the compound.

Mr. Chumphon then called for the protesters to disband their rally in front of the police headquarters, explaining that they had victoriously won their demand.

“The police admitted that we are good citizens, they removed the barrier lines." Mr. Chumphon "Now you all can rest, and wait for further [instruction] from Mr. Suthep Thaugsuban, secretary-general of the PCAD”.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNE9UYzROVFF4TlE9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-16

Police PR working double time today .... First the Motobike Taxi overchargeing Protester warning , then handing out some water to the Protesters ..... Oh there was also the friendly warning to look out for a Third Party comment .......whistling.gif Let's Keep the Peace !! thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

More PR bullshit distributed by none other than our all time fave propaganda organization. The red shirt Thaksinite Khaosod.... hahaha.

Love the way the red farangs are slurping up to this..... yet again.

What is most notable is the fact that Khaosod photo journalist is 'inside' the compound, whilst all the other reporters are as usual 'outside' the compound..... Lol... Nice try.

Edited by poisonus

The authorities are trying to appease the protesters so as to keep order and halt any confrontations and violence that may occur .

But it won`t work, sadly it`s going to take some real hard core dispersion tactics, rather water dispensed from canons other than bottles in order to end this. They are only delaying the inevitable.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 2

The authorities are trying to appease the protesters so as to keep order and halt any confrontations and violence that may occur .

But it won`t work, sadly it`s going to take some real hard core dispersion tactics, rather water dispensed from canons other than bottles in order to end this. They are only delaying the inevitable.

So far it is working well.

Keep up BiB.

“The police cannot interfere with politics, but we have vowed to look after every citizen equally,” said Pol.Gen.Montri, “If there is anything we can do, we will.

The chief of police had his insignia pinned onto him by a wanted fugitive. The wanted fugitive's photo was hanging up on the chief of police's wall in his office with the words stating "I have now, because you gave it to me" This office is in a police station who's employees represent upholding law and order and giving equal protection as per a principle of democracy to all Thai's equally. The employees in the building this office is in swore an oath to the nation they will uphold the oath and arrest people that did bad things. The salt in the wound here is that the chief of police thought there was nothing wrong with hanging this photo on his wall nor did one single policeman that walked into his office including the PM (no surprises there. It's her brother) and it took a hearing and investigation to ensure he took it down. "The police cannot interfere with politics" blink.png

And people wonder why they are called the tomato police.

A DEM rally in Khon Kaen had no police presence and DEM supporters were intimidated and threatened. A man that supports all 15 principles of democracy blows a whistle and he is gassed.

Hand out a bottle of water though and all is ok?

Maybe Suthep can hand out a bottle of water at the end of the protest that is restoring ALL 15 principles of democracy and he will be seen as "Absolutely brilliant, Thailand at its best.....excellent move by Suthep"

Ohh my, I soooo pity the gullible.

Edited by djjamie

The chief of police had his insignia pinned onto him by a wanted fugitive. The wanted fugitive's photo was hanging up on the chief of police's wall in his office with the words stating "I have now, because you gave it to me" This office is in a police station who's employees represent upholding law and order and giving equal protection as per a principle of democracy to all Thai's equally. The employees in the building this office is in swore an oath to the nation they will uphold the oath and arrest people that did bad things. The salt in the wound here is that the chief of police thought their was nothing wrong with this nor every employee that walked into his office including the PM ( no surprises there) and it took a hearing and investigation to ensure he took it down. "The police cannot interfere with politics" blink.png

Hand out a bottle of water and all is ok?

Simple solutions for simple folk. I am in no way surprised with the responses that the police are wonderful. That they are neutral.

Maybe Suthep can hand out a bottle of water at the end of the protest that is restoring ALL 15 principles of democracy and he will be seen as "Absolutely brilliant, Thailand at its best.....excellent move by Suthep"

Ohh my, I soooo pity the gullible.

Democracy has 15 principles??? I thought just getting elected was enough.. !

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

It is good to experience that the present government does not only preach but practice democracy. it has exercised restraint, patience, leniency, compassion, tolerance even when it faces many baseless accusations and the many plots to seize power. It is good that the law enforcement agencies followed the orders and instructions of this government in reaching out to the protesters whom I believe many were misled, misguided, threatened and intimidated to be 'protesters.' This is not seen in any previous governments. This government has also shown the world of its open democracy.

I believe, any incident of violence will not be created by the third party but the party who want to see clashes and bloodshed so that they can seize power.

A humane incident, reflecting a new tactic on the part of the administration. Handing out water is indeed very helpful. Of course, Yingluck quietly stepping down would be even more helpful.

Not this time me old mate!

Yingluck has had a makeover, is looking the Iron Lady a country needs a t time like this and the rest are melting down. Not one of them can answer a real question without breaking out into a screaming fit. And they proposing to rule the country un-checked... wow.. and falangs supporting this, even after all the anti foreigner rants this past week. .... never mind

Numbers well off today and the Police were smiling as they know in another week or so, they'll have those smug protesters back at the station one at a time to experience some more typical police hospitality of the boot, club, pepper spray and tazer variety.

Pity the poor protesters who must be thinking they can live out the rest of their lives in a big gang with Me Suthep and his Court Cronies to look after them :). One day me old mateys. the police will be at your door with photos of you kicking signs over, lobbing bricks, stealing police gear..... thats pretty much guaranteed.

PR Battle won decisively this week by Government. And in Thailand, face matters and as Suthep is slowely losing his, they'll shift sides. Just like in football, Thails don't like to follow a team that could lose.

• Like 1