Imagine for a moment......

jkinbkk

They wouldn't go on it as a forum doesn't showcase you the way Facebook does.

Thais staying abroad aren't interested in debating or exchanging ideas with other Thais - they post hundreds of pictures of themselves in the snow or at the foot of the Eiffel Tower - as always, appearances prevail.

I couldn't care less. saai.gif

Which kind of explains why so few Thais are interested in reading this forum.

Except maybe spies and such ...

You may be surprised. I know that the Immigration departments take a keen interest in what`s said on Thai visa.

My kids have taken me on a tour of a few of the Thai language forums and some of it quite shocked me.

Main interests are: which girls are available, levels of attractiveness and performance by the girls, those offering services in which areas, freelancers or sideliners including karaoke clubs, spas, bars and massage parlours usually the places farangs don`t know about and mostly dealing with Thai clientèle. Other topics include political discussions, with things said that we would not dare to mention on Thai visa in fear of being arrested, then Universities and student information. Food, drinks and restaurants are usually last on the lists of discussion and farangs are rarely mentioned.

Most of the Thai orientated forums are used by the younger generations, rarely do middle aged or elderly Thais use forums.

I couldn't care less. saai.gif

Which kind of explains why so few Thais are interested in reading this forum.

Except maybe spies and such ...

Now Jt don't be like that please mate.

At least pretend you care like we all did on the tax sugar thread tongue.png

I guess I might care if I was personally involved with a Thai moving to the west. But living in Thailand, the topic is about as relevant as what Bolivian Indians worry about who are moving to Japan.

Anyway, my apologies, I realize some people are interested in this. I thought about the topic for a few seconds and realized I have no reason to care and found that worthy of comment, but maybe it wasn't.

Carry on please ..

I think it was a thread intended to engender light-hearted, or even humourous speculation, rather than a factual inquisition

SC

It seems me and the OP were wrong.

If it's to be a depressingly realist thread, then

I guess Thais probably chat about rugby league, and either whinge bitterly about the lack of coverage in Thailand or praise the coverage in the country of their residence

I can just imagine all the chaps in the North-East subforum, explaining to one another, as they learn the language of their adopted country

"Whyayemun, they're a' Geordilike. Ah divna ken a wurdman!"

"Ye're not wrang, bonnieladbut. Thoughmind, if ye gandoon Loonontoon, they'll a' lookitye likealoon man"

SC

This gave me visions of the many proud NES TEFL certified English teachers posting on this forum complaining about the village kids inability to the learn the English language.

I can just imagine all the chaps in the North-East subforum, explaining to one another, as they learn the language of their adopted country

"Whyayemun, they're a' Geordilike. Ah divna ken a wurdman!"

"Ye're not wrang, bonnieladbut. Thoughmind, if ye gandoon Loonontoon, they'll a' lookitye likealoon man"

SC

Haddaway an <deleted>