Maige iptv Thailand: Customer Service Not Included

buddha02

Tired of True Visions high prices and tempted by the claims of internet protocol tv (iptv), be warned that iptv-Thailand has the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced in my more than 30 years living in Thailand. Yes, at 14,500 Baht for the set-top box and remote, which comes with Chinese characters, the first-year subscription is cheaper than the True Visions Gold Package, but be warned that of the 800+ channel listings on the Maige lineup, only about 50 are in English, albeit with Chinese sub-titles. No directions or manuals are included and attempts to call either the Thai or English phone numbers appearing on the website are never answered. Payment is via COD with no returns permitted.

On viewing the programming, it is quickly obvious that it is geared to an (overseas?) Chinese audience although nowhere is this revealed in the advertising from the Bangkok sales agent. The website also recommends 5mbs for good reception, and although I get 15mbs with Triple B, buffering is a frequent problem during prime viewing evening and weekend hours. There have also been times when the sound disappeared for hours at a time or was off-sync by several seconds on some channels. A recent firmware update at the end of Dec. changed all 800+ channel numbers without warning and an email to [email protected] got the terse response that they are not responsible for provider content and referred me to the support forum. However, upon trying to access the site and register, I received the message: “Sorry, registration has been disabled by the administrator.” Anyone else had a similar experience with Maige iptv in Thailand?

• Like 1

I've got two IPTV boxes from Thailand running here in the sandpit, and the only (minor) drawback is the delay while it gets going.

I've compared satellite football with IP streamed version and the delay can be as much as two minutes, but once it's going, it's fine.

But neither of them is "Maige".

One cost Bt7500 for the box and Bt12k a year subscription, the other one was Bt13k (for the Dune Base 3D, which is basically what it costs); the IP TV is there on the menu and it all works, so perhaps it's a "first year free" deal or something.

Either way, it's amusing to have Astro here!

It struggles a bit on 2Mb but works great on 6Mb.

So there is hope but not from those mentioned above....

The MX2 user experience *

When you purchase a MX2 box from us here at JSAT.tv, you are protected with a one time 1 month replacement warranty that no one offers and can touch. What extra kinds of warranty do we offer? The kind that says you can break your media center software and we'll fix it within the first year for free, but you pay the return shipping. Find anybody else in this industry that offers that kind of warranty here in Thailand.

Bear in mind, when you purchase a clone box, not only are you getting maybe at best refurbished second hand material, but it is often much older than our current hardware. With that clone also comes no true support, no warranty and a non-existent update policy. So for saving a few baht, does this clone really sound like a bargain afterall?

http://jsat.tv/mediacenters.html

PS: no monthly fees at all .. free is free

Give ilikehd.com a try,football,movies,documentaries ,music, etc etc

all for just 200bht p.m.,no need to buy boxes,just stream from pc to

tv. They give very good service,and actually answer emails very

quickly ,which is unusual for a Thai company.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 2

Maige TV is primarily designed for the Chinese expatriate living overseas and whether a non Mandarin speaker will be able to benefit from it depends upon what you're looking for from the service. If you're looking for entertainment in the form of soaps, dramas, films etc you're going to be disappointed without the necessary language skills. Surely its an unrealistic expectation that a majority of content from a Chinese service will be in English? If, however, you want news and sport there is plenty of programme content which will keep you happy, with lots of tennis, football, golf, etc; some with English commentary. They also have the global news channels - CNN, Sky, CNBC, BBC etc in English. Maige is just one of several IPTV services now available and researching programme content in advance to meet your needs is paramount to your satisfaction level. As regards picture quality, the reception on my Maige box varies from channel to channel - from no picture, through poor, adequate and satisfactory to excellent. I have another IPTV box in Europe which operates to exactly the same standards. My own experience with the Bangkok agent, whilst not perfect, has been OK but it is clear from several internet postings that there is room for improvement.

• Like 1

I've had nothing but good experience with ilikehd since using them last yr. Wish they offered more channels for expats as their service is more for Thai audience, but at the price cannot complain. I use their Android app on a stick plugged into the back of my TV's. As fast as a sat dish system.

• Like 1

Maige TV is primarily designed for the Chinese expatriate living overseas and whether a non Mandarin speaker will be able to benefit from it depends upon what you're looking for from the service. If you're looking for entertainment in the form of soaps, dramas, films etc you're going to be disappointed without the necessary language skills. Surely its an unrealistic expectation that a majority of content from a Chinese service will be in English? If, however, you want news and sport there is plenty of programme content which will keep you happy, with lots of tennis, football, golf, etc; some with English commentary. They also have the global news channels - CNN, Sky, CNBC, BBC etc in English. Maige is just one of several IPTV services now available and researching programme content in advance to meet your needs is paramount to your satisfaction level. As regards picture quality, the reception on my Maige box varies from channel to channel - from no picture, through poor, adequate and satisfactory to excellent. I have another IPTV box in Europe which operates to exactly the same standards. My own experience with the Bangkok agent, whilst not perfect, has been OK but it is clear from several internet postings that there is room for improvement.

I guess I should have done my due diligence before I leaped. I appreciate your excellent commentary. Thanks.

For Maige TV, order directly from China. It's 500 RMB yearly.

For IPTV that really works, go to Ban Moh, or whatever it's called in the China Town area, or you can order the box online and have it shipped to you. It costs between 2,800 to 3,500. For 3,500, you get 3 months free view, then it becomes about 1,000 every 6 months.

Google "cloud ibox iptv"

Edit: If you're on XBMC, google, download and install "Uplay HD Addon"

Edited by phil2

For Maige TV, order directly from China. It's 500 RMB yearly.

For IPTV that really works, go to Ban Moh, or whatever it's called in the China Town area, or you can order the box online and have it shipped to you. It costs between 2,800 to 3,500. For 3,500, you get 3 months free view, then it becomes about 1,000 every 6 months.

Google "cloud ibox iptv"

Edit: If you're on XBMC, google, download and install "Uplay HD Addon"

Googled Uplay HD Addon, and lots of post about it been a high

security risk ?

regards Worgeordie.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I paid a total of 10K for my Maige TV box bought from China, works great, i recived 2 english remotes and USB wifi for that 10K I would not buy from Thailand seller he is using scare tactics that are NOT true and is making more then 5K per box for doing nothing. Thousands of on demand movies, US TV shows on demand plus all the channels u would get with true platinum package

Streaming works fine even during peak times. The only bad thing is the on demand search function is not organized well and mostly in Chinese, but most have thumb nail of movie or TV serious. I think it is worth it and am very happy I bought mine.

Edited by genobkk
  • Like 1

I've got two IPTV boxes from Thailand running here in the sandpit, and the only (minor) drawback is the delay while it gets going.

I've compared satellite football with IP streamed version and the delay can be as much as two minutes, but once it's going, it's fine.

One cost Bt7500 for the box and Bt12k a year subscription, the other one was Bt13k (for the Dune Base 3D, which is basically what it costs); the IP TV is there on the menu and it all works, so perhaps it's a "first year free" deal or something.

I am looking for one more box, PM me with info in astro box. for iptv

Had mine 6 months and it's been great, football has been good. Overall no complaints , then yesterday it says subscription expired, even though it's only half way through.

Tried to ring both numbers advertised and no answer.

Does anyone have Alan's number ?

And can you go direct to maige tv to pay ?

Thx

Be warned if you have IPTV and are watching BeIn Sports (Al Jazeera), that as of 1st March they are effectively disabling every card that isn't tied to either a Humax HD-Free, Humax HD-1000 or a new BeIn sports box (which is also probably Humax anyway).

Of course this may slip because they have yet to supply all the retailers with new boxes. But you might want to be prepared for some kind of an outage just the same, unless your IPTV provider is prepared.

• 1 month later...

Had mine 6 months and it's been great, football has been good. Overall no complaints , then yesterday it says subscription expired, even though it's only half way through.

Tried to ring both numbers advertised and no answer.

Does anyone have Alan's number ?

And can you go direct to maige tv to pay ?

Thx

Same happened for me - just suddenly stopped working 6 months in. Contacted Alan by email - slow response - said he would check subscription - have emailed repeatedly still no response. His mb number is 0839142939. I have now just bought Maige HDs2 (has wifi included) from China - delievered by DHL and works fine (in settings when you select English and save you have to reboot for it to take effect). , Only reason I wanted it was to get Astro Supersport 3 to get premier league news and Football Today...... having now had the reset of channels on CTH I notice that they are broadcasting the BPL Live channel on stadium 6 so have it now anyway....... at least I have a portable device to take on travels

• 3 weeks later...

Alan riggs is a tosser mate. I have the same problem. my power supply packed up after 2 hours. I also ordered an English remote for my friend. Not delivered. Thick <deleted> and his Thai whore are scamming foreigners. Alan R.I.P.

I've had nothing but good experience with ilikehd since using them last yr. Wish they offered more channels for expats as their service is more for Thai audience, but at the price cannot complain. I use their Android app on a stick plugged into the back of my TV's. As fast as a sat dish system.

Is he playing with your wife's bottom. Riggs R.I.P

How to use their android app on a stick plugged to TV? Can you explain a bit?

How to use their android app on a stick plugged to TV? Can you explain a bit?

Just plug an Android device straight into the HDMI port of the TV and follow the on screen menu for Android apps running TV programming. A few of these on sale in computer malls already. Many on ebay.

I got my maige box and its the new one in English to be honest I did not really think it was going to work since I have bought multiple set top boxes from Tesco lotus and none of them worked without crazy buffering and was un watachable/

So anticipation was not so high, anyways the box was delivered real fast after ordering and I just plugged it in and

VOILA WORKS LIKE A CHARM

I dont notice any difference from my old satellite connection as far as quality and the choice is so much more and the price so much cheaper I did see a little buffer (a couple seconds) when changing the channel but that is nothing and perfectly acceptable.

I paid 12,000 baht for the box which included free shipping and I got 2 years subscription to programming for that amount also after 2 years they say its 3000 baht a year.

Communication was lightening fast and I had a few questions after which were replied to almost instantly.

The only negative is I can call it that is the actual programming guide is in Chinese so you cant actually see what is upcoming which takes a bit of getting used to but the savings are substantial and I calculate that I have saved over 22,000 baht on my previous tv programming and with so much more choice.

i ordered thru WorldWideSatelliteTV dot NET and have nothing but good to say

oh for those that want to know I have a 10M TOT connection which works fine and I pay 690 a month for that so its a great deal all around.

DK

Edited by DiamondKing
  • Like 1

In my experience any iptv in Thailand is presently not worth the effort due mainly to present speeds & bandwidth.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Prior to getting my Maige box I would of agreed with you since I tried a load before which sucked but my box works like a charm and I am well happy, just get the TOT 10M promo and then grab the maige box you wont be sorry

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I can recommend buying the Maige box from www.maige-tv dot com and was very happy with the service and the English channels available are fine for me. Shipped by DHL it arrived a couple of days later. They only list the value as 15 USD so no import duty to be paid.

The only problem is that it needs to be activated once connected and this flashes on the screen in Chinese. The website has information on how to change the language to English and how to activate the box, but is not obvious.

After making the mistake as a lot of people have of ordering previous IPTV boxes in Thailand I would avoid that satellitetvthailand dot net like the plague. Inflated prices and embarrassingly poor service.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm fairly satisfied with my Maige box but I though it was supposed to be able to record and play back shows. I hooked up an external USB HD and although it will play files that were on the HD (which I could do easier by just connecting to my PC), there doesn't seem to be any way to record shows off the media box?

Does anyone know how to do it?

I have a 15MB connection and never have any problems with buffering, even with other PC's using bandwidth. There are probably 6 of the 100's of (primarily Chinese) channels that I watch, plus on-demand movies.

When I couldn't place an order, their tech support was quick and helpful but after-sales support has been non-existent in ,my experience.

• 2 months later...

whats astro?