I’m meeting the gf’s parents on Sunday. They are worried that I don’t have a job

davidst01

i cant see a good outcome long term ,you will still have to pay for many large items ,house, car etc etc ,monthly expenses,shopping , holidays all on your your monthly stipend and it aint cheap in LOS any more ,do the sums for 25 years of married life till you retire ,whats the total ?

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha

mmh8

posted 2014-01-17 13:21:11

star_big.png
POPULAR

" I had the same situation, I told the gf's old man not to worry, I would live cheap by eating and sleeping at their house, use their car to save on travel costs.

No worries

"

Good keyboard, hope you get to read this mmh8. In what way does the Son in Law owe the father in reality.

"sin sod ? What about the dowry to the Husbands mother, a Westerner.

pay here Thai fathers

pay here for I give your child everything I can.

You lost me at, "have been together 2 to 3 months and we love each other."

I cannot take anyone seriously who, at your age, utters such tripe like this.

Even the remainder of your OP supports your naievity in "going along with the flow" of what takes some couples many months to achieve before parading in front of family members.

I am describing a tree, that takes months to establish firm roots and have the ability to withstand nature's fury.

You are describing a ficus tree with 1000 baht notes instead of leaves.

Love!

Oh brother!

Cup o coffee you are a moron. There are no rules with love. It can happen in 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years. Everyone is different. Reading your cynical comment makes me think that your only capable of pulling a bar girl. Maybe you have never been in love or no girl has actually loved you. You are a sad human being....

You lost me at, "have been together 2 to 3 months and we love each other."

I cannot take anyone seriously who, at your age, utters such tripe like this.

Even the remainder of your OP supports your naievity in "going along with the flow" of what takes some couples many months to achieve before parading in front of family members.

I am describing a tree, that takes months to establish firm roots and have the ability to withstand nature's fury.

You are describing a ficus tree with 1000 baht notes instead of leaves.

Love!

Oh brother!

Cup o coffee you are a moron. There are no rules with love. It can happen in 2 weeks, 2 months, 2 years. Everyone is different. Reading your cynical comment makes me think that your only capable of pulling a bar girl. Maybe you have never been in love or no girl has actually loved you. You are a sad human being....

No he is not, he is being realistic..and I agree with him..what utter tripe..coming from a 40plus year old westerner..he may well be in love and those who fall so heavily have clearly not been very successful in their home country. Thailand can be intoxicating..

This reaps of desperation..I am 40 plus, the clock is ticking, my friends are all married..blah, blah, blah..

Different country, different strokes..love or not..be practical..the consequences here can be ruinous..it's not being cynical..I have seen enough to hazard a guess that a cup of coffee will have a more successful life here than the op..

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app