Eight protesters injured in bomb attack against Suthep's procession

Lite Beer

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This week we have watched the Student thugs forcee people out of office, hassle venders, randomly beat up and detain anywone they ddon't like the look of... culminating in the Nation Journalist... this I think is bringing it home to more ane more people that Suthep has to go,

Protests last night off asoke drew large crowd for Respect my vote

Numbers are falling so why not run them off the streets. What should people do, leave them there forever. 7,000 was the guess yesterday, they going to take on the rest of the Country.... No chance, not even with the army on their side can they pull this off now.

Hope it isn't violent, but if they won't go, it is time to make them go. Bye bye sooty, bye bye!!

This week and before the holiday weve seen innocent 19/20 year old female students shot at and chased by red shirt thugs killing three. Weve seen ping pong bombs, this is I think bringing home to people that they need to protest the activities of the one in Dubai

numbers will rise again after people finish work and resume their right to peacefully protest against a corrupt Government. 2 million this wek with many millions more supporting them. The army as always neutral or theyd be issuing arms. Unlike the black shirts from Cambodia hidden amongst red shirt ranks. You hope it IS violent that is clear from your otehr juvenile posts - by the way - how old are you? Id say 14!!

• Like 2

Blast hits opposition protest march in Thai capital

BANGKOK, January 17, 2014 (AFP) - A bomb blast hit an opposition protest march in the Thai capital on Friday, police said, the latest in a series of attacks by unknown assailants against demonstrators seeking to oust the government.

Ten people were hurt in the explosion, according to the protest movement's own Bluesky television channel.
"The bomb went off shortly after 1 pm (0600 GMT)," deputy national police spokesman Anucha Romyanan said.

Police were investigating what type of explosive device caused the blast.

Television footage showed several people lying on the ground as ambulances rushed away the wounded. Protesters were seen searching nearby buildings for the attackers.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has faced more than two months of street demonstrations aimed at forcing her elected government from office and installing an appointed body to oversee loosely defined reforms such as an end to alleged vote buying.

Eight people have been killed and hundreds injured in street violence since the protests began.

There have been a series of drive-by shootings at rally sites that the demonstrators have blamed on the authorities.

"Yingluck must take responsibility," one of the protest leaders, Satit Wonghnongtaey, said on stage soon after the blast.

The protesters aim to curb the political dominance of Yingluck's billionaire brother, fugitive former premier Thaksin Shinawatra, whom they accuse of controlling the government from self-exile.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2014-01-17

This week we have watched the Student thugs forcee people out of office, hassle venders, randomly beat up and detain anywone they ddon't like the look of... culminating in the Nation Journalist... this I think is bringing it home to more ane more people that Suthep has to go,

Numbers are falling so why not run them off the streets. What should people do, leave them there forever. 7,000 was the guess yesterday, they going to take on the rest of the Country.... No chance, not even with the army on their side can they pull this off now.

Hope it isn't violent, but if they won't go, it is time to make them go. Bye bye sooty, bye bye!!

This week and before the holiday weve seen innocent 19/20 year old female students shot at and chased by red shirt thugs killing three. Weve seen ping pong bombs, this is I think bringing home to people that they need to protest the activities of the one in Dubai

numbers will rise again after people finish work and resume their right to peacefully protest against a corrupt Government. 2 million this wek with many millions more supporting them. The army as always neutral or theyd be issuing arms. Unlike the black shirts from Cambodia hidden amongst red shirt ranks. You hope it IS violent that is clear from your otehr juvenile posts - by the way - how old are you? Id say 14!!

I've been informed that 200 red shirts on motor bikes attacking the protest at Chaengwattana

Sounds like Khun_T's rent-a-mob (red shirts) have gathered some cells in the capital now, and I won't be surprised if there's more similar incidents over the weekend...... Surapong declared this afternoon "it's about time", is this what he candidly meant?

Notice that it isn't the anti-government protestors that are creating violent incidents.

• Like 2

When all else is failing, the Thaksinists revert to their default position - violence. You can tell when things are going bad for them, the TVF Thaksin sycophants start trotting out the conspiracy theories

You mean like claiming the police shot one of their own from a rooftop on purpose?

• Like 1

There getting brave with daylight attacks now. Give the Weekend Warriors something to think about this weekend.

hoping for blood in the streets are we! Brave attacking peaceful protesters. Really How f*cked is that?

What we are hoping for is a peacful end to a fascist coup attempt.

The games almost up for Suthep and he has no allies as they have all been exposed and cornered this week by our sharp thinking and acting PM!!!

Enjoy it whllst it lasts as it is the last coup they will be able to stage in Thailand with any luck. Hope this will break the finiancial backs of their backers.

If Suthep has no allies, why don't the police arrest him?

What makes you so sure they were red shirts? Are you really so naive that you don't think these people will kill their own to justify a coup? You are nothing but disposable pawns to these people.

Is that what protesters do to get sympathy? Blow themselves up or shoot themselves? Did this also happen in 2010?

• Like 1

Whilst many on here are glued to Bluesky for their "Knowledge" the arms people's first reaction is that this was a Russian Grenade not found often in thailand... BUT... found on the Navy guys they picked up the other day?

Meanwhille , 20 times the amount of Thais protesting are just wanting these idiots off the streets. They only got a crowd the other night with free music and by setting up a night market. Chatuchak draws many more than this every day it is open.

Just what are the authrorites waiting for??? Time to get rid of this fascist and move the country forward

• Like 1

When all else is failing, the Thaksinists revert to their default position - violence. You can tell when things are going bad for them, the TVF Thaksin sycophants start trotting out the conspiracy theories

You mean like claiming the police shot one of their own from a rooftop on purpose?

I don't recall anybody saying it was on purpose, and anybody with any familiarity with handguns would know that an aimed shot from a height and that range would be near impossible. OTOH a random shot fired into a crowd could hit anybody.

BTW another attempt to change the subject?

Edited by JRSoul

The Bangkok Post reports that he bomb, either an improvised explosive or a giant firecracker, went off as the People's Democratic Reform Committee protesters were passing along the street near Charoen Phol intersection

Edited by Prbkk

What makes you so sure they were red shirts? Are you really so naive that you don't think these people will kill their own to justify a coup? You are nothing but disposable pawns to these people.

Is that what protesters do to get sympathy? Blow themselves up or shoot themselves? Did this also happen in 2010?

Just in:

RT@Tulip_Oum: Red shirt led by "Ko-Tee" Pathumthani brings 60 pick-up trucks and hundreds of motorcycles to face with PDRC Changwattana.

He can shut up now.

doesn't seem to be much faith in the Thai people here stating they would attack their own people.

We have seen in the past the red shirts commit great acts of violence so it's easy to assume from their

past record they did it again.

I hardly think the protestors would attack their own people, to me that's just unfathomable.

As far as the "respect my vote" anthem going around, why is it not "hey government, respect my vote"?

The government has not respected the voter's wishes one iota.

This government does not represent anybody other than their party members, that's not democracy, in fact,

any system that has parties that represents the people is not a democracy because no party can represent

all the people. The only true democracy is when the people are the government and they make the decisions.

A vote does not constitute democracy. The "government" is there to protect the people's rights and nothing more!

• Like 2

I've been informed that 200 red shirts on motor bikes attacking the protest at Chaengwattana

People wearing red shirts?

"Tension rose at the site at 11 am when the red-shirts arrived together with a sound truck. They announced on the sound truck that the rally at the Chaeng Wattana caused hardship to passenger van operators and local residents."

Poor fascists who get attacked with a sound system.

• Like 2

Just in:

RT@Tulip_Oum: Red shirt led by "Ko-Tee" Pathumthani brings 60 pick-up trucks and hundreds of motorcycles to face with PDRC Changwattana.

He can shut up now.

I await the theory that these mercenaries have been hired by PAD to create sympathy for the protesters.

I hope if they caught the bomber, hope they let him have a phone call to Yingluck before they lynched him...

That's the way to go, assume guilt, assume association, forego a trial and lynch law!

And amazingly you got a "like"!

Not much different to your kangaroo court for Suthep......

Another "My girlfriend is a yellow supporter and I do as she says!" fool. A dime a dozen.

Hate to piss on your parade, but she's a red from the far NE. Now that you've got your juvenile insults out of the way, would you care to discuss the topic, or even the recurring theme of violent attacks on anyone who expresses anti-Thaksin feelings.

How Naive some yellows are eh. Not a fact all year, no analysis, no reason do sensible rebuttals. And this is from the educated side of the debate. Nice to know that education wasn't wasted eh.

Thaksinistas eh... Wow, what a great old word to bring to a debate about the future of a country. Somebody must have spent minutes coming up with that name 10 years ago. Still, I do like to like their posts as it makes them come back to look at our posts with sentences, paragraphs and facts on. Debating wise they are coming up shorter and shorter

I remember from the Vietnam days all those guys with Viet Kong GF who could not melt butter in their mouths. When the time came.... Pounce!!!

Think his girlfriend has got the measure of him and if he is this arrogant and loud mouthed in real life she probably has a sting of other boyfriends to who she will feed all his money...... Ignorance is bliss in Bluesky land I'm told

Edited by pipkins

In my opinion it went like this with a conversation between Suthep and a protester:

Suthep: Hey dude, Ill put 500,000 baht in your families account if you put on a red shirt and throw a granade into the crowd ok?

Protester: Cool !!!!!!

• Like 1

There getting brave with daylight attacks now. Give the Weekend Warriors something to think about this weekend.

.............and thered shirt murderers too. Did they wear black?? very brave of Thaksins assasins to attack unarmed wome and children - oh - and heres the excuse!!!!!!!!

Violence begets violence.

Suthep has unleashed the passions of the mob.

Did you not see tv footage of his mob attacking civilians and smashing vehicles in central Bangkok?

Of course this will attract all the crazies.

• Like 1

In my opinion it went like this with a conversation between Suthep and a protester:

Suthep: Hey dude, Ill put 500,000 baht in your families account if you put on a red shirt and throw a granade into the crowd ok?

Protester: Cool !!!!!!

Don't be silly Suthep would never do his own dirty work, his minions minion would likely be one to be do the bribing. That way it can never be traced back to the top.

• Like 2