Eight protesters injured in bomb attack against Suthep's procession

Lite Beer

So you are saying that the military that ousted Thaksin and cracked down on the red shirts leaving 92 dead were the kids of the rich and elite?

Man.... you are disturbed in the head!

The Army learned their lessons in 2010, Thailand was on the brink of civil war. Since then the rural northern Thailand has two more army divisions established. The balance of power inside Army has changed. It is about 10 divisions against 7 in Bangkok today. The 1st Army of Bangkok cannot do anymore whatever and whenever they feel like doing.

Does your nothern divisions include air force?

Many of the squadron's of the Air Force are located in the Northeast and North of Thailand. Didn't you know?

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow. Very quick to pin it on the red shirts. I think there is a huge amount of neautral side people in Bangkok who could not give a toss about politics and just want to get on with making a living and enjoying life. Many people I speak with are bored of all this. They agree all sides are crooked, always have been and always will be and should just let the elected government get on with it until next election. Could be just someone who lives near by and bored with all the noise.

The conflict is evolving... The real Bangkok middle class seems fed up with these criminals hijacking the city, the business and revenues of hard working people.

No wonder some of them lose patience and want to send them a message.

Best is for all those yellow losers to go back home and for Suthep to head to the prison sleep.png

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"these criminals hijacking the city" - what about those that burnt down BKK in 2010 - criminals? The peaceful red shirts who burnt down many buildings, threw granades at the army. Lovely folk!

And for once I agree with you, Suthep deserves some prison time for this. But, if you use that logic, so does Thaksin for financing the 2010 protests. As well as his outstanding jail sentence and many other corruption charges, that could be a long period in jail for the old man.

Or to you Thaksin supporters, is Thaksin and his cronies above the law? They can do what they like? All because they got voted in by the majority? And anyone who rocks the boat or who doesn't tow the line, either gets bribed or faces jail?

Is he immune to jail sentences because he just thinks all the charges against him are "politically motivated". Well if that's the case you can say the same thing about Suthep.

So you are saying that the military that ousted Thaksin and cracked down on the red shirts leaving 92 dead were the kids of the rich and elite?

Man.... you are disturbed in the head!

The Army learned their lessons in 2010, Thailand was on the brink of civil war. Since then the rural northern Thailand has two more army divisions established. The balance of power inside Army has changed. It is about 10 divisions against 7 in Bangkok today. The 1st Army of Bangkok cannot do anymore whatever and whenever they feel like doing.

Does your nothern divisions include air force?

Many of the squadron's of the Air Force are located in the Northeast and North of Thailand. Didn't you know?

Great to know. Now next I will be told that the Eastern Tigers and Southern Divisions are in fact - not in Thailand but are in fact in the North East. I'll put my money on the one's near Don Muang - only cause they probably have nicer toys. Hope it don't come to that though.

This incident - instigated and unprovoked - by those who loathe free peaceful expression - is now being broadcast around the world in an unstoppable juggernaut of international attention, outage, and concern, as what we're seeing is now being revealed for what it is - a campaign to crush a movement borne of free and peaceful expression towards a corrupt-free society. No longer is there any semblance of ambiguity as to where this originates from - or the danger it poses to Thailand's well-being in the future. This administration's hands are soiled by their inaction, by their campaign to discredit the movement, as well as any branch of government that doesn't play ball with them. This attack will only do the opposite of what is intended. It will act as a cause for fresh outrage, as our hearts go out to the victims and their families, in the defense of a peaceful, just cause.

You mean the movement which wants to postpone elections and give unlimited power to some weird "people's" council?! What a tool you are...

• Like 1

One question to the conspiracy theorists here that claim this attacks are all false flag actions. What would it take for you to say, "actually, that looks like they are being attacked by their opponents"?

Also, please explain how bombing and shooting at protesters by "Yellow shirts" would help to increase the number of people willing to join the protester ranks.

I don't believe I have seen anyone here say that all attacks are false flags. For me it would take some actual evidence, so far there is none.

If it was a false flag, I don't think the main objective is to increase the ranks of the protesters, but to create a justification for a coup.

Pay attention and you'll see a clique of posters in all this threads (Abhisit's and Sukhumband's bombing, all the attacks on protesters) doing just that.

As for this being used as a justification for a coup, that's a thoughtless mantra being circulated, I haven't seen anyone elaborating on it, it's practically a stock phrase out of a PR firm.

If the army wanted to mount a coup they could come up with 10 "justifications" on the way to the tank, wouldn't make it any more legal or acceptable.

If they'd wanted to use this attacks to justify a coup they wouldn't make them so ambiguous as to leave any doubts which side was, supposedly, behind them.

• Like 1

Was the bomber caught yet? Wonder who will be implicated, before the bomber has an 'accident', as often happens.

Latest news is no, just a red cap has been conveniently found next to a collection of weapons.

So perpetrator could well have been a policeman who was actually on duty at the time, but had to leave very fast and forgot his cap.

"these criminals hijacking the city" - what about those that burnt down BKK in 2010 - criminals? The peaceful red shirts who burnt down many buildings, threw granades at the army. Lovely folk!

And for once I agree with you, Suthep deserves some prison time for this. But, if you use that logic, so does Thaksin for financing the 2010 protests. As well as his outstanding jail sentence and many other corruption charges, that could be a long period in jail for the old man.

Or to you Thaksin supporters, is Thaksin and his cronies above the law? They can do what they like? All because they got voted in by the majority? And anyone who rocks the boat or who doesn't tow the line, either gets bribed or faces jail?

Is he immune to jail sentences because he just thinks all the charges against him are "politically motivated". Well if that's the case you can say the same thing about Suthep.

Again, using violence against a dictatorship is justified. But using violence and boycotting democratic elections just because you won't win, is not. See the difference?

And how is financing protest illegal you mean? You equate ordering people shot dead with financing protests?

I predicted a few days ago that exactly this would happen. Who do you think is more likely to have M26 grenades? a) Isaan rice farmers or b. navy SEALS ?

c. Black shirt Cambodians from Uncle Hun Sen

d. red shirts with the same source of weapons as they had in 2010!

Face it - red shirts are thug murderers - live with it!!

Just from reading your posts in this thread and judging by your tone, ones go to ask, are you a Suthep sympathizer?

I guess he is the usual troll opening its 327th account after being banned 326 times...

You're always going to get the pathetic conspiracy theorists coming out after such an event (witness, some people saying that Abhisit was in on the bomb being thrown at his house).

It doesn't make sense for Suthep to try and blow himself up or his fellow protesters, as that will only discourage people to come out.

It doesn't make sense for the core Red Shirts to do it as it will increase the likelihood of a military coup.

So, who does that leave? Probably disgruntled Mafia types who want Suthep and the protesters out the way. Or a third hidden party with ties to the Army, Police, Thaksin or a broken away and independent fraction.

All we can tell now is there are fractions on both sides who probably have their own agenda that don't or may not have ties to the two big players Suthep and Thaksin.

All we can pray for is a solution is found soon, and Suthep and Thaksin disappeared from politics for once and for all. How, that's done, god knows.

I've been informed that 200 red shirts on motor bikes attacking the protest at Chaengwattana

People wearing red shirts?

Of course not! Just the red shirts driving motor bikes. I presume there were no pants, shoes involved. The real question is were the motor bike remote control drones or being driven by invisible ghosts. Hopefully some pictures will surface to help clarify this.

What makes you so sure they were red shirts? Are you really so naive that you don't think these people will kill their own to justify a coup? You are nothing but disposable pawns to these people.

Is that what protesters do to get sympathy? Blow themselves up or shoot themselves? Did this also happen in 2010?

To be fair the government at the time, the "Democrat" party, did state that Thaksin was responsible for killing his own supporters in 2010, but then, they lied about a lot of things back then.

The Democrats yesterday accused ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra of being behind the so-called "men in black" who were allegedly hired to kill innocents including red-shirt protesters in order to smear the previous Abhisit government.

Democrat Party deputy leader Apirak Kosayodhin was speaking during the party's discussion at Lumpini Park on "Seeking the truth: who is behind the merciless men in black in Thailand''. He said that there had been attempts to accuse the Abhisit government of ordering soldiers to kill the people, and that today the party would unveil who were the so-called men in black in order that the country can have the reconciliation.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Democrats-Thaksin-was-behind-men-in-black-30192301.html

They never did unveil who were the men in black......................................

Wow. Very quick to pin it on the red shirts. I think there is a huge amount of neautral side people in Bangkok who could not give a toss about politics and just want to get on with making a living and enjoying life. Many people I speak with are bored of all this. They agree all sides are crooked, always have been and always will be and should just let the elected government get on with it until next election. Could be just someone who lives near by and bored with all the noise.

When you are bored, or even slightly miffed, do you make a bomb and try to injure as many people as you can? Anything is possible, but what is probable is that this another in a continuing series of attacks on Thaksin critics.

Again, using violence against a dictatorship is justified. But using violence and boycotting democratic elections just because you won't win, is not. See the difference?

And how is financing protest illegal you mean? You equate ordering people shot dead with financing protests?

So, I guess you didn't see all the Thaksin speeches to the Red Shirts during the protests, rallying them on. How is that different to Suthep?

Using violence against a dictatorship? What dictatorship? You saying Abhisit was a dictator?

We still don't know if Suthep or Abhisit ordered the shooting, because you lot wanted it to be avoided through courts with evidence and disappear in Amnesty Bill. Make of that what you will.

What makes you so sure they were red shirts? Are you really so naive that you don't think these people will kill their own to justify a coup? You are nothing but disposable pawns to these people.

Is that what protesters do to get sympathy? Blow themselves up or shoot themselves? Did this also happen in 2010?

To be fair the government at the time, the "Democrat" party, did state that Thaksin was responsible for killing his own supporters in 2010, but then, they lied about a lot of things back then.

The Democrats yesterday accused ex-prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra of being behind the so-called "men in black" who were allegedly hired to kill innocents including red-shirt protesters in order to smear the previous Abhisit government.

Democrat Party deputy leader Apirak Kosayodhin was speaking during the party's discussion at Lumpini Park on "Seeking the truth: who is behind the merciless men in black in Thailand''. He said that there had been attempts to accuse the Abhisit government of ordering soldiers to kill the people, and that today the party would unveil who were the so-called men in black in order that the country can have the reconciliation.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Democrats-Thaksin-was-behind-men-in-black-30192301.html

They never did unveil who were the men in black......................................

They certainly did this time, but I guess you weren't reading the newspapers that day.

If they'd wanted to use this attacks to justify a coup they wouldn't make them so ambiguous as to leave any doubts which side was, supposedly, behind them.

You should wait a little longer before making such a statement. It happened 3 hours ago.

Military police from the Army rushed to the scene to inspect the explosion. Army officers were seen on Bluesky showing what appeared to be bomb shrapnel to reporters.

Is it normal that the military police handles these types of incident? Or did they just happen to be nearby?

Perhaps the military have taken it upon themselves to protect Thai citizens when the police are incapable or unwilling.

What happened to those caught with guns and M26 Firecrackers the other day?

Do not tell me they let em go?

With their firecrackers?

M26 are not 'firecrackers'. They are hand grenades and can kill within 5 m and wound within 25 meters. These were also used on Abhisit's compound and Mr. Sukhumband's compound. Thaksin-style political maeeage the same as the New Years's eve bombs at Ratchaprosong on 2009. Why do you kee trying to minimize the evil of the Thaksin regime. In another life were you a Marcos supporter?

You're always going to get the pathetic conspiracy theorists coming out after such an event (witness, some people saying that Abhisit was in on the bomb being thrown at his house).

It doesn't make sense for Suthep to try and blow himself up or his fellow protesters, as that will only discourage people to come out.

It doesn't make sense for the core Red Shirts to do it as it will increase the likelihood of a military coup.

So, who does that leave? Probably disgruntled Mafia types who want Suthep and the protesters out the way. Or a third hidden party with ties to the Army, Police, Thaksin or a broken away and independent fraction.

All we can tell now is there are fractions on both sides who probably have their own agenda that don't or may not have ties to the two big players Suthep and Thaksin.

All we can pray for is a solution is found soon, and Suthep and Thaksin disappeared from politics for once and for all. How, that's done, god knows.

Besides that, if Suthep was going to organize a bomb being thrown on the people following him to gain sympathy. Which of this two following actions would yield the best propaganda value:

1) Stay around bravely facing the murderous terrorist thus portraying himself as a brave hero, but of course knowing that he is safe from any danger because he planned the attack.

Or...

2) Being promptly taken away to a safe location.

• Like 1

There getting brave with daylight attacks now. Give the Weekend Warriors something to think about this weekend.

Will history repeat itself? The last time the red shirt bombers were so actively attacking peaceful anti-Shin protesters, the protesters were forced to seek shelter in a safe environment which turned out to be Suvarnabhumi airport. Will they again be forced to retreat defensively to the airport?

I can see why you don't want to admit you are on he side of evil and corruption but your post is just pitiful

There getting brave with daylight attacks now. Give the Weekend Warriors something to think about this weekend.

Brave? blink.png

They are testing the resolve of the protesters and probing their defences and co-ordinating harrying attacks. Tactical this is

Small attack at Cheag Wattana and enough redshirts gathered to surround the PRRC Rump mob. This send pickups of protesters scurrying to their aid.... Then this.

The big one mayl be rama 4. When the time is right, they will come out and Suthep will be finished. Almost time.!!!!

Nobody on the protests today so what are they doing out there. Time to round em up and bring 3 months of video evidence before the courts. LOL then we will see the impartiallity of the Courts.

You really live in a fantasy world, don't you?

When all else is failing, the Thaksinists revert to their default position - violence. You can tell when things are going bad for them, the TVF Thaksin sycophants start trotting out the conspiracy theories

Another "My girlfriend is a yellow supporter and I do as she says!" fool. A dime a dozen.

Yeah, he should do as your Red Shirt supporting GF tells you to do instead!

• Like 1

They certainly did this time, but I guess you weren't reading the newspapers that day.

Oh, I read the newspapers, saw the videos and knew at the time that they were riot control police using tear gas (as they do) - I certainly wasn't aware that the anti riot police were the mysterious blackshirts of 2010. You, of course, know better it seems.