Probe into PM Yingluck will be comprehensive

Lite Beer

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But but but.... They were elected. But the Dems. But it's politically motivated.

Maybe it's political that these charges were not probed long ago.

It's part of the plan.The Democrats can't win elections so the choice for the old guard is either a military coup or judicial intervention.Suthep is doing the old guard's groundwork so that the country is as chaotic as possible.It's now understood a coup would be counterproductive so the chosen method of trashing an elected government is directed judicial activism.The courts have been packed with partisan yellow judges.

http://www.dw.de/military-undecided-in-thailand-conflict/a-17361237

I am shocked you finally chimed in on this subject.

I know its still early, but I am positive you win the most ridiculous post of the month award Jayboy..

• Like 1

It's part of the plan.The Democrats can't win elections so the choice for the old guard is either a military coup or judicial intervention.Suthep is doing the old guard's groundwork so that the country is as chaotic as possible.It's now understood a coup would be counterproductive so the chosen method of trashing an elected government is directed judicial activism.The courts have been packed with partisan yellow judges.

I generally appreciate your posts Jayboy, but in this case, you do not feel that the likely loss of 400 billion baht ++ and total lack of accountability or failure to heed any of the many warnings and warning signs should just be brushed under the carpet?

I agree it may seem to be picking on her, but let's bear in mind that this is a whole lot different than the trumped up DSI set up against Suthep/Abhisit where Tarit et al get off scott free, this is unquestionably corruption, the only issue is who is to blame.

Let's not forget how Thaksin intimidated the judges in his false asset declaration, or how his wife tried to pay them off with 'donut box gate', or how his wife falsified documents and presented them in court, or how many various politicians have lied about degrees, hidden their relatives for a murder charge, run off overseas to avoid punishment - there is a total lack of respect for the judiciary from some politicians, all I can suggest is if a politician doesn't want to be sued/sent to jail....don't break the law.

If the charges are trumped up why is Suthep repeatedly failing to appear when asked ? either you accept people are not responsible for others actions or you dont, if you do then whatever actions go on previously by others has absolutely no bearing on the present, by that I mean your reference to lets not forget blah blah is totally irrelevant to the now. Your right there is a total lack of respect for the law .. period. or Suthep would have been arrested on insurrection charges long ago.

The whole system is corrupt and compromised to the core from top down. including the judicial system. Dubai isnt big enough to house all of them that deserve an ousting. wink.png

Say what you want about Suthep I am sure he's worthy of some of it.

However he will always be more honourable than Thaksin for staying to face the music

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Umm he isnt facing anything hes refused to show up, if the police were allowed to do their job he'd have been arrested. How many charges does he have hanging over him atm ? its ridiculous lol

I really dont care to compare two scumbags but Suthep has no honour Suthep is guilty of condoning mass murder by sanctioning live fire in 2010

But but but.... They were elected. But the Dems. But it's politically motivated.

Strange that all those government departments jump on the bandwagon of a opposition party, isn't it ?

The enquiry into caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra’s role in the rice pledging scheme and the nonexistent Chinese rice deals will be comprehensive and cover all related aspects, said National Anti-Corruption Commission member Vicha Mahakhun Friday.

The NACC on Thursday agreed to file corruption charges against former commerce minister Boonsong Teriyapirom, former deputy commerce minister Poom Saraphol and 13 other individuals involved in the scandal. The commission also decided to investigate Ms Yingluck for alleged neglect of duty in her capacity as chairwoman of the National Rice Policy Committee.

Sorry, dear NACC, 3 years too late.... cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif The man in Dubai already has the next 3 steps ahead planningcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I generally appreciate your posts Jayboy, but in this case, you do not feel that the likely loss of 400 billion baht ++ and total lack of accountability or failure to heed any of the many warnings and warning signs should just be brushed under the carpet?

I agree it may seem to be picking on her, but let's bear in mind that this is a whole lot different than the trumped up DSI set up against Suthep/Abhisit where Tarit et al get off scott free, this is unquestionably corruption, the only issue is who is to blame.

Let's not forget how Thaksin intimidated the judges in his false asset declaration, or how his wife tried to pay them off with 'donut box gate', or how his wife falsified documents and presented them in court, or how many various politicians have lied about degrees, hidden their relatives for a murder charge, run off overseas to avoid punishment - there is a total lack of respect for the judiciary from some politicians, all I can suggest is if a politician doesn't want to be sued/sent to jail....don't break the law.

I agree it should be properly investigated.My point was about the timing.

I agree Thaksin's behaviour was disgraceful and that he played fast and loose with the courts.What is different now is that it appears the courts are chiming in with a particular political objective.I'm not suggesting there is some dastardly blueprint - it's not needed.

For what it's worth I also appreciate your posts and, sparing your blushes, your genuine knowledge and intelligence.

So you are saying the YL govt has done nothing wrong?

Of course you are right. The rice ski mountain is a beautiful thing and worth every drop of taxpayers' money that went to create it.

A post with a link to a dangerous article has been removed and all replies to it. Be very careful with links to external sources as it puts this forum in jeopardy and the member posting it. And the Thai government also feels it inappropriate as it is on a MICT block.

2) Not to express disrespect of the King of Thailand or anyone else in the Thai royal family, whether living or deceased, nor to criticize the monarchy as an institution. Speculation, comments and discussion of either a political or personal nature are not allowed when discussing HM The King or the Royal family. Discussion of the lese majeste law or lese majeste cases is permitted on the forum, providing no comment or speculation is made referencing the royal family. To breach this rule will result in immediate ban.

......And this is the direction we're going in. The protests won't work, as they didn't work when they closed the airports. But the most potent force the Ruling Elite have in their favour is the judiciary, who have never let them down.

So you don't believe corrupt politicians should be thrown out of office? These scams have been going on too long. Screw elections. They are a farce under current circumstances. Even if they 'won' the next election, they cannot form parliament.

• Like 1

Of course it is totally infeasible that the rice that was 'sold' to the two Chinese companies at a market price, was in turn sold again to the rice pledging scheme at the higher price, without ever leaving Thailand. Although it may account for the absolutely spectacular amounts of money that have been lost, such a rice carousel, would of course be unthinkable in such a democratic Thailand, with such honourable politicians in the government.

• Like 1

good post.

and from that link,

"The institutions are attempting to criminalize the "red" government in an effort to block any constitutional way out of the political crisis. "The opposition are trying to prevent the normal democratic process until the point is reached where there is no other way out of the stalemate than to set up an unelected People's Council, as demanded by the opposition." In the end, Saxer says, "it will appear as if it was all legal.""

It's funny how red shirts always insist that Thaksin's convictions were all political but never mention his acquittal by the Constitutional Court for assets concealment in 2002 when he was obviously as guilty as hell.

If the charges are trumped up why is Suthep repeatedly failing to appear when asked ? either you accept people are not responsible for others actions or you dont, if you do then whatever actions go on previously by others has absolutely no bearing on the present, by that I mean your reference to lets not forget blah blah is totally irrelevant to the now. Your right there is a total lack of respect for the law .. period. or Suthep would have been arrested on insurrection charges long ago.

The whole system is corrupt and compromised to the core from top down. including the judicial system. Dubai isnt big enough to house all of them that deserve an ousting. wink.png

My point is you cannot have Suthep and Abhisit on trial (which I think is necessary BTW because of the deaths) but not the other CRES members as well as army and DSI including Tarit himself - perhaps if you read the entire phrase "let's bear in mind that this is a whole lot different than the trumped up DSI set up against Suthep/Abhisit where Tarit et al get off scott free" it will make more sense to you what I meant/wrote.

Let's bear in mind the thoughts from secretary of Thawil in 2012 (nation 2012)

"He said no CRES member should escape responsibility if action were taken against Suthep. Thawil said DSI chief Tarit Pengdit could not escape responsibility either, because Tarit was also on the CRES panel."

My point on the rice scheme is it costs loads of cash, so the only issue is who is to blame. Personally, I don't think the PM can spell "rice corruption" I am not even sure if she can say those words (she certainly can say "I was elected by a majority" though) - I really doubt she knew what was going on, she was hardly in Thailand long enough to know.

Point taken and I think they do have to include all but nevertheless Thailand is selective and the buck stops with the top in that period it would be Suthep and Abhisit that should at least be called to account..

The scheme is flawed it always was and reminds me of Europes butter mountains or milk scandals. Im not overly bothered about the amounts mismanaged I dont think for a moment they are pocketing billions as some like to pretend, the traceability is far too easy. I also dont rate Yingluck on the intelligence political scale very highly but thats not really anything unusual to politicians. Most are sub standard intelligence, under perform in education and are totally out of touch with the real world having never worked in it.

whatever happens it will be interesting to see how they try to dismantle this party as the past couple, its getting harder and harder to hide the elite agenda which is a good thing in the long run.

Edited by englishoak

I do agree.

And a reform of the justice is the first reform the country needs in order evolve in the right direction.

A neutral justice system and a government taking the interests of the people into account. That is what is needed.

For the government there is Yingluck and the PT already. No problem.

But for the justice system to be neutral lots of things should be changed.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

" a government taking the interests of the people into account"

"For the government there is Yingluck and the PT already. No problem."

Within the context of your post this is the funniest thing you have written for a while... I hope you do not have children here in Thailand. Because it seems like you want them saddled with spiraling government debt for 50 years or more..That's your "no problem" Ptp government.

still living under a bridge as you do.. i suppose a little humour is needed, even if it's black humour.

"He said he could not say for sure how long the enquiry would take but noted that some enquiry had already been undertaken."

How long do inquires of this type take? Could this be the downfall of Yingluck as she is not going to do the decent thing and resign.

"How long do inquires of this type take?" long enough to get out of the country with as much assets as possible

I agree Thaksin's behaviour was disgraceful and that he played fast and loose with the courts.What is different now is that it appears the courts are chiming in with a particular political objective.I'm not suggesting there is some dastardly blueprint - it's not needed.

For what it's worth I also appreciate your posts and, sparing your blushes, your genuine knowledge and intelligence.

When would be a good time? Should the NACC be given the bureaucratic runaround like the ombudsman?

Do you have any suspicion at all that the charges are groundless? I think it's almost a certainty that they are true. Remains to be seen if they get enough evidence to convict or not.

They are just lucky that stupidity isn't criminal and unlucky that it's not a defense.

• Like 1

Just your typical wind up post with absolutely no substance, purely designed to stir up people who do actually know what is going on and are fed up with this corrupt, poor excuse for a government.

Your pathetic line should have read .............."trashing a dubiously elected corrupt and crooked government"..................

Every time Yingluck and co. dig their hole a little deeper the best you can do is trot Suthep's name out. As if he had anything to do with the PTP's crimes and mismanagement of the supposed running of the "elected" government.

All this rotten regime has done for the country is it has provided lots of juicy fodder for bored forum trolls. And I put you in the same low class category. bah.gif

• Like 1

When would be a good time? Should the NACC be given the bureaucratic runaround like the ombudsman?

The NACC is not the courts. They have every right to probe particularly as it looks like there has been serious corruption and the caretaker PM/DM and some of her caretaker government have openly lied and deliberately mislead the people.

The DSI only undertake investigations against opponents of the government and the new AG seems very quiet on everything. Hopefully the NACC will do their job thoroughly.

• Like 1

Your usual conspiracy theory about removing a democratically elected populist peoples' government violin.gif.pagespeed.ce.8MK3fN8NTC.gif

If Yingluck and her government have been honest, then they have nothing to worry about. If they have acted illegally, been involved in and personally gained from rampant corruption, then they should be punished if tried and found guilty.

The rice scheme is high profile, but there are other issues, such as the water management project, the purchase of very expensive clocks, the disappearance of the emergency flood budget, the illegal issuing of a passport to a criminal fugitive etc etc.

Do you really believe all these allegations are groundless and we have in YL and PTP the most honest government Thailand as ever had? Or do you think Thailand's deteriorating corruption index rating may indicate there are serious issues?

Please don't use the "every other government and politician was and are corrupt defense". It doesn't hold. Past corruption doesn't legitimize your corruption and neither does being elected.

• Like 2

But what Saxer (and you) fail to say is that all the political issues are the "doing" of PTP and no one else. We know corruption is endemic in Thailand, but the PTP, according to reports, has taken it to an incredibly high new level and many people are sick and tired of Politician's view that they can do what they like and are above the law. Eventually the people will rise against it, as has happened in quite a few other Countries recently. "The worm is turning!"

• Like 1