LG G2 F320 (Korean) where to buy?

george3

Dunno.. the range of Korean LG g2's is really confusing refer frequency's used. ideally for Thailand you want 3g 850(Dtac&True)-900 (AIS)-2100 (Ais,Dtac,True LTD coverage for now) and 4g LTE 1800 (future 4g Dtac)-2100 (current 4g True)-2600 (possible 4g alternate)

Have fun. YOU WILL NOT KNOW FOR SURE UNTIL YOU SEE WHAT'S WRITTEN ON THE BOX.

pS.. SOMETIMES THEY COME UP ON DROIDSANS.COM

Edited by casualbiker

Dunno.. the range of Korean LG g2's is really confusing refer frequency's used. ideally for Thailand you want 3g 850(Dtac&True)-900 (AIS)-2100 (Ais,Dtac,True LTD coverage for now) and 4g LTE 1800 (future 4g Dtac)-2100 (current 4g True)-2600 (possible 4g alternate)

Network

2G: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz

3G: UMTS 2100 MHz

4G: LTE 850 / 1800 MHz

source http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SALE-LG-Optimus-S-G2-BLACK-F320-LTE-A-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-800-Unlocked-/121158557920?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item1c359ce0e0

Network

source http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SALE-LG-Optimus-S-G2-BLACK-F320-LTE-A-Qualcomm-Snapdragon-800-Unlocked-/121158557920?pt=Cell_Phones&hash=item1c359ce0e0

Exactly .. not a great deal of use here in Thailand. You buy a 18k baht phone than can work on 2G and sometimes on 3G if you don't travel much..

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by casualbiker

I doubt you'll find that variant here - maybe just best to buy it from that seller on eBay in Korea?

I think that Korea is the only country with widely-available LTE-A - which would seem to be the only reason to purchase that variant.

Can you share any background on why you've decided on this particular variant?

I agree with casualbiker - in my experience LG phone models in Thailand are pretty different from many in the surrounding region. you can just compare the model numbers on offer off their website to those in neighbouring countries:

http://www.lg.com/th/phone/all-phone

(what is the difference between an E425 and E425F ?)

http://www.lg.com/my/lg-optimus

http://www.lg.com/hk_en/android-phones

http://www.lg.com/sg/android-phones

many of the models are similar between other countries but NOT Thailand

you could really be asking for trouble/wasting money if you don't buy a local unit.

you could really be asking for trouble/wasting money if you don't buy a local unit.

I see in the list

LG G2 F320

works with local 3G, 2G and one LTE operator. I think its enough for using in Thai. Am I right?

I see in the list

4G: LTE 850 / 1800 MHz LG G2 F320

works with local 3G, 2G and one LTE operator. I think its enough for using in Thai. Am I right?

It works on 2g . Currently very limited 3g the networks are rolling out the 2100mhz networks now. And a future planned LTE (maybe).

Honestly not a good phone when there are so many to choose from. I would just get a localized LG G2 32G

>>Honestly not a good phone when there are so many to choose from. I would just get a localized LG G2 32G

I want wireless charging, extended sd memory and removable battery that F320 has. LG thinks we are stupid farangs (non Korean) and just good screen enough for us. I still want Korean one.

Edited by george3

>>Honestly not a good phone when there are so many to choose from. I would just get a localized LG G2 32G

I want wireless charging, extended sd memory and removable battery that F320 has. LG thing we are stupid farangs (non Korean) and just good screen enough for us. I still want Korean one.

Up to you! I hope you don't travel out of Bangkok much as you will be back on 2g..

so spend 18,000baht and get a smaller battery .. wireless charge ... why? And SD card. Again good idea but there are alternatives

.. like Meenova or cloud storage for no SD card. Remember they do OTG

But get poor 3g and no 4g coverage in Thailand with LG f320 ..

Edited by casualbiker

not 18000Bt, Ebay price f320 + shipping 21000Bt :) but it costs for me. Hmm.. LG is not smart firm. Made ideal and unaccessible phone. Not for stupid farangs.

Cool if you want to buy it

.. but at least now you are aware that it will not work so well here in Thailand. The LG G2 is an excellent phone. That's what I would buy if I had the money. 32gb is ok

I want wireless charging, extended sd memory and removable battery that F320 has. LG thinks we are stupid farangs (non Korean) and just good screen enough for us. I still want Korean one.

Why not check out Nexus 5, LG makes it for google, it is based in G2, without the bloatware, N5 is very close to best android at any price, 14.500 is very low cost for what u get!

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Uhh, forgot, N5 does not have sd card. But 32Gb should be enough for most Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Using drop box and other systems on nexus 4 and haven't got close to filling it up yet...not even close. I sometimea wonder what people put onto an SD card to fill up 16gb

Edited by Thai at Heart
  • Like 1

Yes, that variant will work with AIS/2100 and DTAC/2100 - it will not work with TrueMove H LTE/2100, and TrueMove H has very limited 3G/2100 deployment to date.

DTAC and AIS have broad 2100/3G deployment so you'd be fine.

It is evident that you really want this variant, and I strongly suspect you'll have to source it from Korea, which should be easy enough.

There would be reason for LG/Thailand to localize this variant, and no reason for any grey-market imports, other than for you of course.