'Respect my vote' - Thai election supporters speak out

webfact

Anti democracy protesters go home. You were misled, misguided by people whose objectives include seizing power to install their dictatorship regime. Exercise your voting right before it is too late. You have seen the government have been tolerance, exercising restraint, patience in the midst of baseless and unsubstantiated accusations and daily threats from PDRC leaders. The safety and the livelihoods of the people are their main concerned not their power that was gained through democratic means. I am sure the government will be compassionate and appeal for leniency . Send from my Mobile

Pro Government protesters go home. You were misled, misguided by people whose objectives include seizing power to install their dictatorship regime. Sell your rice before it is too late. You have seen government corruption without restraint, arrogance, and unconstitutional activities and daily threats from the PT leaders. Their bank accounts are their main concern and maintaining their power through a corrupted democratic means. I am sure that the government will vigorously prosecute any dissenters.

Goes both ways.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

" Please respect my vote. "

" Please respect my right to protest. "

" But you don't respect my vote. "

" Of course I respect your vote. On February 2 you will cast your vote. Your vote will be respected. You might not like the result of the election, but your vote will be respected. "

" But what can we do to solve this conflict ? "

" We can respect each other's point of view, stick to what each of us believes in, and convey those views peacefully. "

" But I like how things are. "

" Then continue to express that opinion, and allow others to express theirs. It's called a free society.

May I light a candle too ?"

• Like 1

whistling.gif I respect your right to vote, but not your intelligence to be a voter.

Because, as the current government has shown on many occasions, your vote is meaningless.

This current government has many times taken their "mandate from the people" .... your vote .... and then simply subverted the laws to their own self-interest.

Your opinions are of no importance to this government (or, or in my opinion, to any current Thai government or

political party).

So for voting for any of them .... okay I respect your vote.

But I will not respect your intelligence for allowing yourself to be fooled again and again by the crooks you elect and repeatedly re-elect with your meaningless vote,

1512040.gif

The voice of the people is now come out. Respect their rights to live and work without blocking their roads and building.

The opposite is also valid - 'respect my right to protest'.

Everyone has the right to protest, but it should not be done in a manner that causes hardship to everyone else. Protesting doesn't mean that innocent people should be disadvantage or punished just so another can disrupt society.

Edited by chooka
  • Like 1

The anti-government motto "do as I say not as I do"

The government motto, "do as Thaksin says" or is that the motto of the current Phamily Member (PM)?

I think that is Suthep's Motto. He is the one saying do as I demand/order or else.

This is about which side will get to plunder the country - It is not about freedom of choice and rule of law. It is about suppressing choice and rights and allowing the privileged to flout the law with impunity while the underclass sheeple is anesthetized.

If there is owt left to plunder.

The voice of the people is now come out. Respect their rights to live and work without blocking their roads and building.

The opposite is also valid - 'respect my right to protest'.

Compare the protests here (red or yellow) with protests in almost any other part of the world and note the difference: elsewhere protesters are law-abiding; here in Thailand, they take over government buildings, airports and prevent entry to public buildings.

So, perhaps we can amend your comment to 'respect my right to protest in a reasonble and law-abiding way'.

• Like 2

What Thailand is crying out for is a 'third way' in the political sense. PTP and the Democrats have had their chances and failed the nation so a new centre party is required that will marginalise the extremists, crooks and vested interests that riddle Thai politics. Above all Thailand needs a leader to show the way.

So..... in the words of Roger Waters....... is there anybody out there?

What Thailand is crying out for is a 'third way' in the political sense. PTP and the Democrats have had their chances and failed the nation so a new centre party is required that will marginalise the extremists, crooks and vested interests that riddle Thai politics. Above all Thailand needs a leader to show the way.

Agreed bigbamboo, but the rich elites are so engrained on both sides I am afraid a third party would not stand a chance, and lets not forget that the majority of Thais have no problem with corruptuion.

Do "some" of the Thai finally wake up?

This could be your chance, Thailand!

It is neither the now governing, nor the the one trying to take over "Power", side, which is "For Thailand". It is the "silent people" who either couldn't bother since they just try to go on with life and make a living, and the silent "less" educated people who can easily be bought by either of the two sides, who can make a difference.

We need more of you, Thai, who dare to get off their butts and speak up. Don't let tyrants intimidate you as a living human! Don't degrade yourself only because you're not one of these power-houses.

• Like 1

Agreed bigbamboo, but the rich elites are so engrained on both sides I am afraid a third party would not stand a chance, and lets not forget that the majority of Thais have no problem with corruptuion.

Well, that's the worry, isn't it? I read, some time ago, that over 30% of "youth" here would accept bribes if it was for their better.

E D U C A T I O N, my dear people. and accept that life isn't throwing you everything onto your table, only because you are a lovely smiling T**i.

Unlearn to Request

and

Learn to Earn

Not an easy task if there isn't hardly anyone who could, and would be willing to, teach, but, a sincere WILL to it, can run off wonders on you ( you = individual )

Edited by NHT

You mean the voice of the people is now coming out. But the voice of the people was coming out in 2010. They also wanted their rights to live and work without some weird people blocking their roads and buildings. Moreover they did not want their city and their buildings burned down.

Were you playing the same tune in 2010? I bet you not.

I sure was, but I don't live in the past, what was wrong then is still wrong now.

Mr/Ms Nowhereman60, i seems to see your posting in another article praising the current reds attacking the anti-govt protesters who are mainly walking peacefully on the road. Double standard?

Red violence ok.

Yellow/anti-govt/anti-TS/Anti-YL violence all not ok?

You mean the voice of the people is now coming out. But the voice of the people was coming out in 2010. They also wanted their rights to live and work without some weird people blocking their roads and buildings. Moreover they did not want their city and their buildings burned down.

I sure was, but I don't live in the past, what was wrong then is still wrong now.

Mr/Ms Nowhereman60, i seems to see your posting in another article praising the current reds attacking the anti-govt protesters who are mainly walking peacefully on the road. Double standard?

Red violence ok.

Edited by Nowhereman60

Mr Suthep’s essential message seems to be:

”Give up your vote and let us, a bunch of clapped-out old conservatives run the country”.

I can’t see that this message is likely to have much traction with the Thai population.

• Like 2

Red violence ok.

Why is your reply deleted? Anyway I saw your reply.

So conclusion is double standard.

If the government respected the constitution and the constitutional courts and respected its other peoples money they are lining their own pockets with they could have stayed in power until the end of their term and then everyone could have had their vote. With respect.

There is a slight flaw in your thinking

The Thaksin government was the first to complete a full term in office, I'll leave you to work on the conclusions that could be drawn from that interesting fact

So who is consistently removing the elected representatives? and why?

"Respect my vote"..........runs a little deeper than opposition to Suthep and his 'protestors'

They are just trying to preserve their right to sell their vote and any election postponement means no money.

You REALLY need to do a little research before making more asinine statements.

"It's better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubts".

• Like 1

Above all Thailand needs a leader to show the way.

Certainly there is no politician of any political persuasion who has the charisma to 'carry the flag', and who is beyond corruption.

But there is a Leader who could show the way. But silence prevails sad.png

Simon

Edited by simon43