Hi,

Does anyone know whether the 400K in the bank, for an Non O extension, does it have to have come from a transfer from abroad or is a cash deposit acceptable.

reason being, me and my wife are looking to buy a rice harvesting machine(rot giaow khao) we have worked out the maths, this venture will probably take me under the 400K, but then the return in the first season of cutting rice, which is all in cash, could then be deposited back into the bank to bring my balance back to the required 400K

I have never been asked where the funds come from. I just provide a bank letter and copy of my bankbook to show the funds have been in the bank for the required time (I just leave it in a fixed account.) Once you have your extension you can use the funds, just be sure to have the account back to 400K for the required period before you apply for your next extension of stay.

Proof of funds coming from outside the country is not required. The money only has to be there for 60 days (90 is for retirement extensions).

this is for 2nd extension therefore 90 days 60 days is for 1st time

From clause 2.18 of Thai Police Order 777/2551

(6) In the case of marriage to a Thai woman, the alien husband must earn an average annual income

of no less than Baht 40,000 per month or must have no less than Baht 400,000 in a bank account in

Thailand for the past two months to cover expenses for one year.

60 days is the rule.

thanks BUT i will be comlying with Nan's instructions 90days unless you have told them to change, advise seek what your imm office tells you Not what you hear on a public forum or what your mate say

I posted the written rules with a link to them in my previous post. It is not hearsay as you imply.

What is asked for at one office does not apply to all offices and that can be considered hearsay.

60 days is the rule.

thanks BUT i will be comlying with Nan's instructions 90days unless you have told them to change, advise seek what your imm office tells you Not what you hear on a public forum or what your mate say

I posted the written rules with a link to them in my previous post. It is not hearsay as you imply.

What is asked for at one office does not apply to all offices and that can be considered hearsay.

not saying its hearsay Iam saying check with the office you report too, DO NOT rely on a public forum or your mates, my office is telling ME, need funds 90day for next marriage extension. ALL Imm office can and Do ask for extra if they so desire, posting links to police orders does no mean a dam thing it is the minimum requirements CHECK WITH YOUR LOCAL OFFICE.

Edited by MikeandDow

Posting links to Police Orders mean everything.

These are the laws that Immigration Offices have been instructed to follow.

Maybe you can supply Nan Immigration with a copy of the official law.thumbsup.gif

These are the minimum requirements you post, BUT Imm offces can and often do ask for more, they have that right, and i live in the real world if they want more so be it, I WANT my extension, and if he whats the money in the bank for 3 months so be it. and why would i want to supply nan a copy of the law, sorry lite beer you need to get in the real world, do you think i would want him to lose face no way, all i am saying is you guys post the minimum requirement, ALL office's have there own requirments CHECK with local office.

Maybe you can supply Nan Immigration with a copy of the official law.thumbsup.gif

These are the minimum requirements you post, BUT Imm offces can and often do ask for more, they have that right, and i live in the real world if they want more so be it, I WANT my extension, and if he whats the money in the bank for 3 months so be it. and why would i want to supply nan a copy of the law, sorry lite beer you need to get in the real world, do you think i would want him to lose face no way, all i am saying is you guys post the minimum requirement, ALL office's have there own requirments CHECK with local office.

They are not the minimum requirements they are the legal requirements that every immigration office has to go by.

The are allowed to ask for additional documents and etc but what is written in the police order is not to be deviated from.

• Like 1

They are not the minimum requirements they are the legal requirements that every immigration office has to go by.

The are allowed to ask for additional documents and etc but what is written in the police order is not to be deviated from.

ok so you would dispute with the office the LAW if he asked for the money to be seasoned for 3months insead of 2 i can see you getting the extension, NOT, you need to live in the real world, I am afraid i would want the extension and comply and not let the officer lose face by quoting the law to him

Edited by MikeandDow

As posted here before, I also have 400k on permanent deposit for marriage extensions. This on its own was not accepted last time and I was advised the formal rules were under revision. Immigration demanded to see proof of income for daily living expenses to support Thai wife. The evidence I produced was overseas internet banking statements showing regular Thai ATM withdrawals in baht. An amount was not stipulated, just a stream of income over and above the fixed deposit was required to prove I was supporting my Thai wife. I am now saving each ATM receipt for next years evidence.

• Like 1

As posted here before, I also have 400k on permanent deposit for marriage extensions. This on its own was not accepted last time and I was advised the formal rules were under revision. Immigration demanded to see proof of income for daily living expenses to support Thai wife. The evidence I produced was overseas internet banking statements showing regular Thai ATM withdrawals in baht. An amount was not stipulated, just a stream of income over and above the fixed deposit was required to prove I was supporting my Thai wife. I am now saving each ATM receipt for next years evidence.

I was also told this that they want to see ATM receipt along withe the 400k in bank for 3months NOW is this the LAW, Ubon

ok so you would dispute with the office the LAW if he asked for the money to be seasoned for 3months insead of 2 i can see you getting the extension, NOT, you need to live in the real world, I am afraid i would want the extension and comply and not let the officer lose face by quoting the law to him

I certainly would if I went in for my extension and they suddenly decided that they wanted 90 days instead of 2 months and it meant I couldn't get my extension done.

I do mine based income. Under your way of thinking that would mean if the office decided they wanted 60k baht instead of 40k I should do nothing. But it wouldn't be me showing them they were wrong it would be my wife.

I certainly would if I went in for my extension and they suddenly decided that they wanted 90 days instead of 2 months and it meant I couldn't get my extension done.

I do mine based income. Under your way of thinking that would mean if the office decided they wanted 60k baht instead of 40k I should do nothing. But it wouldn't be me showing them they were wrong it would my wife.

Ha Ha nice one blame the wife Iam afraid i would comply basicly I am saying ALL office's are different and you should check and as you are well aware this is up and down changes every minute so thats the end of it as far as i am concerned

MikeandDow is absolutely right. I also deal with the Nan Immigration Office, and they seem to march to their own drummer. Regardless of what the official national law is, they call the shots. At my last renewal, they said the money must be in the bank for 90 days when doing the combination method, even though the rule is no seasoning is required at all. They also require a medical certificate, when most or all other offices have done away with that requirement.

Recently the rule regarding validity of the income affidavit from the US Consulate was officially changed to 6 months from 15 days. When I called Nan to confirm, they said it couldn't be more than 30 days old. When I told them about the new rule, and that I have it on paper in Thai language, they said to bring it with me. I will do that, but I'm not going to get into a fight insisting that I am right and they are wrong. You can wave the official national law in their face all day, and they'll just make it tougher on you. Remember, this is frigging Thailand. They are always right, even when they're wrong.

• Like 1

I should mention also anyone else facing this remember to photocopy the ATM slips. The ink fades to nothing after a few months!

I was also told this that they want to see ATM receipt along withe the 400k in bank for 3months NOW is this the LAW, Ubon

so what did you do, did you have the ATM slips.

so what did you do, did you have the ATM slips.

As iancnx says rules are under review yes i had some ATM slips, pure luck but the whole point is yes you can look on a public forum like this, but they only know the LAW and that is just the minimum, it really up to the officer and the office you go too, and I for one will comply with there request, but it has been said many will try and tell the officer the LAW well good luck.

I also use Nan Immigration for extension for marriage. I knew that account amount had dipped just under the 400k 2 months before but was refilled with not enough time before my extension in December but I had to go regardless. I showed them all my paper work including the bank book and letter from the branch manager. Everything was fine apart from the bankbook. They did not ask for any ATM slips once, but the two main officers basically said that they could only give me a 2 month extension so that the money would have time to mature for that period. So in Feb I will have to take the lovely 3 hr drive back to Nan and apply again, all the kept saying to me and my wife was that the amount of 400k needed to be in the account for 2 months before extension application and I was short so they gave me the best they could offer. However my friend who is retired and also has to go to Nan does need to either have his money in an account for 3 months or proof of income from abroad before applying for the retirement extension. I am not saying either party are wrong from the above posts but maybe it all depends on the officer who deals with your application but this is what they said to me.

to me this seems unreasonable, because me and my wife are working towards no longer having to go to the bank, for example we have a tractor which money received is all in cash, will be getting a job at a school, which is paid in cash and we will be buying a rice harvester(rot gieow kaow) which again all monies received will be in cash, so what will we do then, when we are not withdrawing any money from the bank.