Second grenade attack rocks Bangkok

webfact

Can someone clear this up..

The man, Thavorn, also a former Songkhla MP of the Democrat party, clad in white T-shirt and jacket, and wore a cap, alsoopened fire at a guard who tried to capture him.

Are they saying the person lobbing the grenade is "The man, Thavorn, also a former Songkhla MP of the Democrat party, clad in white T-shirt and jacket, and wore a cap, alsoopened fire at a guard who tried to capture him."

Because thats how it reads.

Yes, that is what they are saying. But these clown journalists are really good at confusing things. Nor do they seem to ask how the police came to this conclusion.

It's a monumental stuff-up, that will probably end up with a defamation suit, that derives from 'A core leader of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) Thavorn Senniem was sitting there with other leaders.' He is also 'Thavorn, also a former Songkhla MP of the Democrat party' and has a pretty good alibi, being the victim/target of the attack.

PBS should settle out of court if they have any brains at all.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The man, Thavorn, also a former Songkhla MP of the Democrat party, clad in white T-shirt and jacket, and wore a cap, alsoopened fire at a guard who tried to capture him.

Are they saying the person lobbing the grenade is "The man, Thavorn, also a former Songkhla MP of the Democrat party, clad in white T-shirt and jacket, and wore a cap, alsoopened fire at a guard who tried to capture him."

Yes, that is what they are saying. But these clown journalists are really good at confusing things. Nor do they seem to ask how the police came to this conclusion.

This guy? Really? http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/thaworn-wpcf_728x413.jpg

If it's that guy then surely the idiot journalist must have mixed up two sentences.

Police said they know the identity of attacker in yesterday’s explosions

218736-imagejpeg-334963-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The police said today that they now know the identity of the man who hurled two hand grenades at anti-government protests at the Victory Monument yesterday.

They said video footages of the attacker were recovered from several CCTV cameras in the area and along his escape route. He was shown clearly at a video footage hurling the hand grenade to behind the stage of the protesters at Victory Monument.

A core leader of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) Thavorn Senniem was sitting there with other leaders.

The first grenade was thrown with intent on the life of the PDRC leader.

The grenade missed the target after it hit a tree branch and fell into where a group of journalists were sitting. One Post Today’s female reporter was injured.

The second grenade was thrown by the same man as he tried to stop the PDRC guards from chasing him after he was spotted hurling the grenade to behind the stage. The second explosion injured more than 25 protesters.

The guard was seriously injured.

The attacker fled in a motorcycle taxi driver.

The police said the attacker hired the motorcycle taxi driver to a Soi on Charansanitwong road.

The two grenades were the same type of either the Russian or Chinese made grenade used for attack on protesters on Bantadthong on Saturday, and also the same types as found from four suspects detained at Bang Na police station on the night when Abhisit Vejjajiva was attacked with a hand grenade.

But the police said the grenade at Abhisit house was a M 26 hand grenade, which is different type of grenades found in the possession of four suspects arrested at a road checkpoint in Bang Na. They are Russian made grenades, police earlier said.

Meanwhile video footage of the bomb attacker was widely shared on the social network today along with the picture of a former driver of the deceased Maj-Gen Kattiya Sawasdipol or Seh Daeng. The driver was said to resemble the bomb attacker at the Victory Monument yesterday. Maj-Gen Kattiya was killed by a sniper while giving press interview at Lumpini park.

The former driver, identified as Lance Corporal Rachata Wongyod, was among the prisoners imprisoned on riot charge during the 2010 riot. He was questioned in the social network of why he was released from prison.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-said-know-identity-attacker-yesterdays-explosions/

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2014-01-20

And why was this not the headline???

Ignoring the comparison to their faces for a moment, just by comparing there clothing styles. You will notice that the unidentified character is wearing a T- shirt under his jacket just like the Navy seal. Plus the jacket has a badge on the LHS in the same position as the Navy seals emblem on his uniform. IMO it's the uniform you wear when your not wearing a uniform.smile.png

Both the govt and Suthep are in precarious positions but the govt has the upper hand.

All Yingluck has to do is clear the streets and win the election. Game over.

The people in the streets are not tough ted shirts fiwn from Issan to pick a fight. They are soft middle class Bangkokians who are out as much for a bit of fun as to make a statement. If the shi* really does start, Suthep will lose the mob.

Yingluck has the high ground. Suthep's demands fir govt to be turned over to him or anyone is ridiculous and undemocratic. Her party though is an abysmal failure.

What I don't understand is why the F Yingluck is on the ticket again. To me, this really does tell me her family is in deep and does have an agenda. They could not find domeone else to lead the party <deleted>?

PS That guy with the grenade is a real tosser, figuatively as well as literally.

Need to check Pattaya boys town for that guy, not the Seal barracks.

and I say this with ALL respect; but the way this individual performs that throw; would strongly suggest that this guy may well be gay . . . . .

He does seem a bit of a sissy for a Navy SEAL.

Fashion style = gay | throwing style = gay | Night time attire = dress and makeup

Both the govt and Suthep are in precarious positions but the govt has the upper hand.

All Yingluck has to do is clear the streets and win the election. Game over.

The people in the streets are not tough ted shirts fiwn from Issan to pick a fight. They are soft middle class Bangkokians who are out as much for a bit of fun as to make a statement. If the shi* really does start, Suthep will lose the mob.

Yingluck has the high ground. Suthep's demands fir govt to be turned over to him or anyone is ridiculous and undemocratic. Her party though is an abysmal failure.

What I don't understand is why the F Yingluck is on the ticket again. To me, this really does tell me her family is in deep and does have an agenda. They could not find domeone else to lead the party <deleted>?

PS That guy with the grenade is a real tosser, figuatively as well as literally.

Need to check Pattaya boys town for that guy, not the Seal barracks.

Moronic at best.

The government has the upper hand?

The government lost control months ago.

Clear the streets?

With what?? The police are afraid of the protesters and the army won't do it. The reds tried it and were run out of town with losses.

The people are not tough like red shirts? Lol.... you are delusional, refer to my last answer, then add to it that the reds are on their way down soon to JOIN the protests over their rice money.

Yingluck has the high ground?

Her and her government are facing dissent from their voters and multiple fraud, graft and corruption charges, they are far from the high ground pal.

Judging from the rest of your post, it screams wasted British education opportunity, and general lack of knowledge about the current affairs of Thailand.

I suggest you go back to sleep or return to the bar stool.

My first impression is he's military. Squared away hair cut and apparel. Hard to tell from only 3 still frames, but maybe some ex-forces guys would comment on his body form/posture. To me, it looks practiced and measured, not like some hooligan winding up to throw a beer bottle.

Amazing work...

And I am sure you can tell what he drives, how many kids he has and the time of his birth just from those photos...

You guys amaze me :)

My first impression is he's military. Squared away hair cut and apparel. Hard to tell from only 3 still frames, but maybe some ex-forces guys would comment on his body form/posture. To me, it looks practiced and measured, not like some hooligan winding up to throw a beer bottle.

Amazing work...

And I am sure you can tell what he drives, how many kids he has and the time of his birth just from those photos...

You guys amaze me smile.png

JT...you being summoned here

Being ex ASIO meself...I can tell he has superb fashion sense, the crisp white T, matching cap and bag to offset the deep blue stripe accentuating his manly physique ...the way his left hand clasps his bag to stop it swinging about as he flings the object in its desired direction....you can almost hear the little gasp of 'oooh' as he lets it 'lob' with all the aggression he can possibly muster.

• Like 1

"Find him and charge him with attempted murder no matter who he is..." And then let him go to Singapore for a "psychiatric evaluation". Hard to believe the stick given Thai police considering PDRC doesn't want them anywhere near, army has told them to stay away. Then piss and moan that the police aren't protecting them! Of course they are corrupt, and of course Taksin et al are corrupt. They are all corrupt, all sides! As such, it is not a factor, like 2+2=4 is still valid if 2+2+ corruption = 4+ corruption. And why a Russian grenade? I want to blame Americans!

Ianf

"I think you mean 'do not count as proof'?

And for the life of me I do not understand what 'voices in ones (sic) head' means!

Perhaps you would care to elucidate?"

First of all I have to apologize: I am not a native English- speaker and I am sorry, if I insulted you by spelling mistakes...

,,,and still: no evidence for Jonathan Head being biased, one-sided, mouthpiece etc.

Amazing work...

You guys amaze me smile.png

JT...you being summoned here

Being ex ASIO meself...I can tell he has superb fashion sense, the crisp white T, matching cap and bag to offset the deep blue stripe accentuating his manly physique ...the way his left hand clasps his bag to stop it swinging about as he flings the object in its desired direction....you can almost hear the little gasp of 'oooh' as he lets it 'lob' with all the aggression he can possibly muster.

No fair calling JT in on this job. My observations swing both ways, probably like the grenadier.

Eh, levity probably best confined the Nine Inch Nicky thread. People were seriously injured here, not good.

This whole complicated protest situation isn't helped by some of the reporting.

In the other newspaper today the police are quoted as saying that grenades were thrown by someone mingling with the crowd and not from height.

However the BBC's Johnathan ' Dick ' Head quotes the police as saying the grenade thrower was one of the protesters ' own ' which completely changes the story.

Which of these reports is most accurate is beyond me and it's not the first time the authorities have made different statements to the media so did the other newspaper ignore a vital point or did Head add something in ? Just because someone is in a crowd doesn't have to mean they are a supporter as it's easy to mingle unless you are dressed completely in red and carrying a placard saying " I support the government ".

It suits Suthep to accuse the government and / or their supporters of responsibility whereas it suits others, many on this forum, to believe it's deliberate self-inflicted injury to increase sympathy and support.

Personally i would settle for the truth warts and all in order to get my head around what's really happening.

Jonathan Head is well known as a reporter who is not independently and impartially reporting the news, as he should. This guy is on Thaksin's side, he is not a reporter he is propagandist. He associates exclusively with Thaksin's supporters and mocks those who propose alternative views to the ruling Government's. We all saw how this creature behaved during 2010.

Prove please!

And again: voices in ones head do not count as prove!

To be fair to Jonathan Head, he has admitted that he finds the Thai political situation too complicated to understand(as per yesterdays TVF thread). It has long been evident from his reports that he has no clue as to the aims of the key players in Thai politics, and has clearly fallen under the spell of the expensive propaganda campaign carried out by the Shinawats.

I have no problem as regards articles by the propagandist and relaying the sweet pillow talk of his temporary bed fellows, but to see UK taxpayers money used to buy this drivel is somewhat galling.

Why doesn't he Google Thaksin Shinawatra and click on Wickipedia to gain some knowledge!!!

• Like 1

Those are pretty good photos. I would think that if a reward is posted, somebody will come forward to identify this character.

and I say this with ALL respect; but the way this individual performs that throw; would strongly suggest that this guy may well be gay . . . . .

coffee1.gif

Ha, I was thinking the same thing. Looks like a girlie man flinging that grenade.

Please click the picture to zoom-in!

What do you think?

The shape of the mouth is a much closer match. The Navy guy has more rounded mouth corners, the guy on the CCTV footage has upward turned corners, a bit bow shaped upper lip.

I'd also point out the ears, the Seal looks nothing like it. So has this other guy been arrested cos he's a dead ringer for me?

For all you armchair Rambos out there, you should note that in most militaries one is taught to lob a grenade, just like you see in the old WWII movies and not to throw the grenade like a baseball.

biggrin.png Was just wondering how many posters have actually thrown a hand grenade for real.

Have to admit, the capture from the CCTV video does make him out to be slightly limp-wristed..................wink.png

• Like 1

In the other newspaper today the police are quoted as saying that grenades were thrown by someone mingling with the crowd and not from height.

However the BBC's Johnathan ' Dick ' Head quotes the police as saying the grenade thrower was one of the protesters ' own ' which completely changes the story.

Which of these reports is most accurate is beyond me and it's not the first time the authorities have made different statements to the media so did the other newspaper ignore a vital point or did Head add something in ? Just because someone is in a crowd doesn't have to mean they are a supporter as it's easy to mingle unless you are dressed completely in red and carrying a placard saying " I support the government ".

It suits Suthep to accuse the government and / or their supporters of responsibility whereas it suits others, many on this forum, to believe it's deliberate self-inflicted injury to increase sympathy and support.

Personally i would settle for the truth warts and all in order to get my head around what's really happening.

Jonathan Head is well known as a reporter who is not independently and impartially reporting the news, as he should. This guy is on Thaksin's side, he is not a reporter he is propagandist. He associates exclusively with Thaksin's supporters and mocks those who propose alternative views to the ruling Government's. We all saw how this creature behaved during 2010.

"Jonathan Head is well known as a reporter who is not independently and impartially reporting the news, as he should. This guy is on Thaksin's side, he is not a reporter he is propagandist. He associates exclusively with Thaksin's supporters and mocks those who propose alternative views to the ruling Government's."

"We all saw how this creature behaved during 2010."

Did we? That would have been an impressive feat.

You do realise he left Thailand in August 2009 after facing three lese majeste charges and was based in Istanbul reporting on Turkish Affairs during the events of 2010?

http://th.linkedin.com/pub/jonathan-head-bangkok/17/b3b/34b, http://cpj.org/2009/01/cpj-worried-about-deteriorating-thai-media-climate.php

Next time you need any help with the truth, don't hesitate to ask.

Edited by fab4

He cannot be a red shirt he is to well dressed !!!!!

"He cannot be a red shirt he is to well dressed!!!!!"

Firstly is your comment a sad attempt at being funny? or a show of a bigoted attitude? I'm just askingwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn alt=whistling.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3700464609 width=19 height=18>

If you were truly interested as to who he is then try opening your eye's and ears, his identity was known yesterday, but no surprise that the one sided, unbalanced and bias reporting of this news story is late and not telling the full story. w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif alt=w00t.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1451809591 width=18 height=20>

Really, so please tell us who he is? He is clearly not the Navy Seal and I am not aware of anyone being arrested and I have been trying to search online. Please post more info... and have a quick look for your sense of humour while your at it.

look at the way he throws !

It's a lady boy !

As expected,those are the most dangerous!

Any one with a little bit of military background know that this is the way to throw a hand grenade. You swing your arm from the back of your neck forwards. How else can you trow when standing in a manhole. This guy is for sure military or ex-military.

Even if they catch the thug I'm sure there are several impenetrable layers between him and the players who ordered the hit. Deniability, deniability is the order of the day. That's Asian politics or should I say that's just real politique period.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

but the government and the police had failed to bringing those responsible for the attacks to justice.

just as they had failed to arrest suthep

who in the kingdom has access to "russian hand grenades? " 500.000 baht for suthep. 200.000 for the thrower? guess which one will be paid? suthep walks around the streets all the time.

"Jonathan Head is well known as a reporter who is not independently and impartially reporting the news, as he should. This guy is on Thaksin's side, he is not a reporter he is propagandist. He associates exclusively with Thaksin's supporters and mocks those who propose alternative views to the ruling Government's."

"We all saw how this creature behaved during 2010."

Did we? That would have been an impressive feat.

You do realise he left Thailand in August 2009 after facing three lese majeste charges and was based in Istanbul reporting on Turkish Affairs during the events of 2010?

http://th.linkedin.com/pub/jonathan-head-bangkok/17/b3b/34b, http://cpj.org/2009/01/cpj-worried-about-deteriorating-thai-media-climate.php

Next time you need any help with the truth, don't hesitate to ask.

For the second time (lump in throat) I have to agree with you. That was my impression which you confirmed. Alistair Leithead & Rachael Harvey were the local BBC reporters in 2010.

Jonathan Head though is not well thought of as a journalist - better known as a piss-head.

Back on topic.

The Thai BIB & Capo are continuing to try to implicate the protestors in the grenade incidents. It's pretty transparent (lying is the one thing they are good at) given their credibility was shot after the 'disguised protesters on the roof' of the Labour Ministry. Thai PBS is making things worse by (deliberately?) confusing a Dem MP with the grenade thrower.

So, bias takes over, especially on Thaivisa. The truth has never been in greater demand.

• Like 1

Prove please!

And again: voices in ones head do not count as prove!

To be fair to Jonathan Head, he has admitted that he finds the Thai political situation too complicated to understand(as per yesterdays TVF thread). It has long been evident from his reports that he has no clue as to the aims of the key players in Thai politics, and has clearly fallen under the spell of the expensive propaganda campaign carried out by the Shinawats.

I have no problem as regards articles by the propagandist and relaying the sweet pillow talk of his temporary bed fellows, but to see UK taxpayers money used to buy this drivel is somewhat galling.

I take your point and as Head has been reporting on Thailand for quite sometime has he convinced his boss he's on top of the subject, has good local contacts etc. ?

His admission he doesn't fully understand might result in a call from the boss with a request to explain although saying it was a general comment may do it..

I'm sure many BBC World reporters would welcome a tour of duty in Bkk yet Head has been here for a long time and has never been rotated as far as I know so his boss must, for whatever reason, think he's doing a good job.

You know nothing

Jonathan head had 2 LM charges laid against him by your yellow friends so had to be re-assigned.

To Ankara actually. 2 years was it?

He reported for the BBC on egypt and the region around Turkey.

Nobody there accused him of being biased or Thaksin's employee!

You're floundering around in your prejudices.

There's propagandists on both sides, you have Michael Yon as Sutheps PR agent, and you have the rest of the worlds press as the Shiniwatra clan's PR agents according to, let me think about this one for a minute who's got a little bit more credibility.......um ..okay, both sides are full of bovine scatology!!