Army chief hits back at red-shirt leaders, telling them to stop framing military

webfact

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Indeed, the red shirt movement, the administration, and the police - all in tandem - are now all frantically trying to keep up with each atrocious attack in order to simultaneously wage a National Enquirer campaign aimed at discrediting not only the peaceful reform movement, but apparently every Thai man and woman's intelligence as well.

It seems to be working however based on the responses here . . .

• Like 1

Is he referring to this photo...

vTbHxQ1.jpg

How is that trying to frame? If they really were neutral and one of their men had been found to break their orders shouldn't they welcome the information so they could investigate?

Has it been definitively proven now that this is indeed the Officer they claim it was? Cos last I heard it was purely speculation and didn't look like the same guy as in the mug shots I saw.

• Like 1

The aim, of course, is to smear the navy because some will remember the article as fact. Shit sticks.

More conspiracy theories here. To me it seems a lot more plausible that someone put those photos together and it went viral on social media. The exact thing happened with a red shirt that was arrested recently.

He is referring to the posting of that in tandem with one of a navy officer of similar appearance, despite the police having cleared him of any involvement. The aim, of course, is to smear the navy because some will remember the article as fact. Shit sticks.

You are right shit doesn't only stick, it stinks. And the previous video of the Democrat MP aide not running away from the blast like everyone else but going back, picking things up and walking to the man with the white cap sure does stink.

• Like 2

My dear General, you should know by now the red shirts NEVER take responsibility for anything. It's always someone elses' fault, not theirs'.

Not Too much of the “My Dear”, dear! He could get the wrong impression of u.

My dear General, you should know by now the red shirts NEVER take responsibility for anything. It's always someone elses' fault, not theirs'.

Yeah ...ahm...replace "red shirts" with "Thais" and you are spot on!

Not Too much of the “My Dear”, dear! He could get the wrong impression of u.

oooohhhh get you.cheesy.gif

Army chief deplores anti-military criticism
By Digital Content

13901992273344-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, Jan 20 – Thai army chief Prayuth Chan-ocha today vented his frustration with criticism against the military in its handling of the months-long political turmoil.

He admitted that he felt utterly depressed by the daily pressure and constant rebukes from society, and stood firm that the military has never been the people’s enemy.

“The military is doing its job and so are the police. Protesters act in accord with the democratic system while the government (works on) solving problems. If the media mingle all these roles, problems will never be solved. I’m saying this because I’m depressed. The military is unhappy,” said Gen Prayuth.

He said he was concerned with the escalating violence and asked the public to stop condemning the military and police, but instead cooperate with them in hunting for those responsible for the attacks against protesters.

“(There appears to be) a group of people believing in violence as the solution but I disagree. The use of weapons in the 2010 political incident (led to much wider violence) in the situation. Please avoid violence which will lead to loss and hatred,” said the army commander-in-chief.

He said many quarters in society have blamed the military but “we have our key missions including maintaining security along the border and in the southern region.”

The Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) is under the direct supervision of the police while the military has assigned over 40 companies to support their efforts, he said.

He instructed military personnel to be careful in providing security to people and coordinate with CAPO.

“In the 2010 political unrest, military personnel were sent out to do their jobs but they were criticised. We felt hurt and we do not want a repetition of such a phenomenon, or the country will be damaged,” he said.

“The context is different. The military can’t do much this time for it mostly involves the people. It wasn’t like this in 2010. The public should not misunderstand (and believe) that we are not performing our duty,” he said. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-01-20

Don't blame the RedShirt. The Army has been making statements that had not shown its promised neutrality. Instead of calming their fear and anxieties they escalated them.

Redshirt have been lying low at the request of their leaders but instead, they found themselves bullied and face provocation.

What, who and how and why there was a 2010, the Army Chief should know very well.

Edited by icommunity
  • Like 2

Come on, general, get on your horse and run these criminals out! I have a lot more respect and faith in a disciplined person to run this country than any sort of muppet that calls themself a politician... Mark excepted. smile.png

• Like 1