Protesters Detain Official For Refusing To Join Protests

Lite Beer

Protesters Detain Official For Refusing To Join Protests

By Khaosod News

BANGKOK: -- A state official has been briefly detained and chastised by anti-government protesters in Surat Thani province because he refused to join their protests.

Local supporters of People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD) marched to Surat Thani City Hall this morning in the bid to close down the state agencies, as ordered by PCAD leader Suthep Thaugsuban.

Mr. Suthep has previously called for provincial PCAD groups to disrupt functions of the authorities, in order to force Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra to resign and scrap the 2 February election.

Rallying in front of the City Hall, the protesters demanded that all civil servants abandon their works and join their campaign against Ms. Yingluck′s government instead.

Chaos ensued when a group of PCAD supporters captured a yellow-shirted civil servant named Mr. Sarayuth Saneewong na Ayutthaya, an official of the the provincial revenue department, and brought him onto the speaker truck manned by the protest leaders.

The protest leaders claimed that Mr. Sarayuth attempted to go to work in spite of PCAD′s commands, and has insulted the protesters by spitting onto a loudspeaker owned by PCAD.

The protesters then marched to the official residence of the Governor of Surat Thani in order to hand Mr. Sarayuth back to the officials. However, the protesters arrived to find that all doors and windows of the building firmly shut, causing the protest leaders threaten that they will storm inside the building unless the Governor came out to meet them.

Concerned by the threats, Deputy Governor Uaychai Innak emerged and told the protesters that the state agencies in the province have been ordered to close down per requests from the protesters.

As Mr. Sarayuth was handed to Mr. Uaychai, a large group of protesters mobbed the two and blew their whistles to express their anger, but PCAD guards fended them off. Mr. Sarayuth was visibly distraught by the incident, and he was seen gripping Mr. Uaychai′s arm until the protesters were forced back.

Mr. Sarayuth clarified that he was returning to work after watching a football match. He also claimed that he spat because he was feeling thirsty and did not intend to cause any offence.

The protesters eventually left the Governor′s residence and marched to other state agencies.

Source: http://www.khaosod.c...XdNVEl5TUE9PQ==

xkhaosod.png.pagespeed.ic.K0sVbZgqwL.web
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-20

• Like 1

"Rallying in front of the City Hall, the protesters demanded that all civil servants abandon their works and join their campaign against Ms. Yingluck′s government instead."

Demanded, threatened coerced etc, amazing!

Nothing spectacular compared to what the reds did with their protests: torching buildings, shooting people etc.

The protesters didn't kill people. Nor did they throw the granades in the recent attacks. Who did, we'll hope to find out.

Edited by EricBerg
  • Like 1

Try spitting at a group of red shirt protestors and see if you end up in the emergency room or not.

Dare I say, spitting on anyone might get you punched?

As rule, I don't spit on the heavily yoked...especially if they are wearing wife beaters.

Based on the reported incidents here, will the Army Chief again say protesters act in accord with the democratic system. Should the Chief be acting in accordance to the rule of law now and stop his spokesperson from making statement threatening the RedShirt that raise the tension of people in Surat Thani?

"Rallying in front of the City Hall, the protesters demanded that all civil servants abandon their works and join their campaign against Ms. Yingluck′s government instead."

Nothing spectacular compared to what the reds did with their protests: torching buildings, shooting people etc.

The protesters didn't kill people. Nor did they throw the granades in the recent attacks. Who did, we'll hope to find out.

Right now, the initial available evidence seems to indicate that someone inside, or aligned to, the protest movement did. I guess we wait to see if that evidence has substance or not.

" Mr. Sarayuth clarified that he was returning to work after watching a football match. He also claimed that he spat because he was feeling thirsty and did not intend to cause any offence. "

Only Khaosod could fashion an article where an official was " briefly detained " and " chastised ", and that he was not being disrespectful, but merely thirsty.

But of course there is another kind of story that Khaosod won't handle. Whenever there are grenade attacks on the protesters in Bangkok, one can be rest assured that Khaosod will instead be booking the next bus to Surat Thani for the next chilling scoop.

• Like 2

Try spitting at a group of red shirt protestors and see if you end up in the emergency room or not.

Care to give your opinion on intimidating somebody from going to work and their unlawful detention too?

It did state brief, as in detained. I tell you one thing anyone can dare to throw a punch at me is not too bad I may not even retaliate, but spitting is just disgusting habit-tantrum and YES I wouldn't hesitate to poke the bloke.

If it wasn't directed at me, but on my audio equipment, yes bashers I would bash when needed.

Reading the thread though to be honest it smells of OTT---- DETAINED ? intimidation--a good bit of fodder again for the pro government brigade.

Not another Khaosod piece.... Lol, they never give up do they.

Still waiting for follow ups from 2 or 3 other stories they broke that made protesters look bad, and yet not a single mention anywhere else in the media.

Possibly another figment of their journalistic imagination.

Just another day at the orifice.

Not another Khaosod piece.... Lol, they never give up do they.

Still waiting for follow ups from 2 or 3 other stories they broke that made protesters look bad, and yet not a single mention anywhere else in the media.

Possibly another figment of their journalistic imagination.

Just another day at the orifice.

Isnt' that called a scoop? Naw, just kidding. That rag bleeds red just like T. Nation bleeds yellow.

A bit off topic, but ThaiPBS seems to be doing a good job. But I'm no expert.

Yes they did, they are killing and maiming their own people trying to get the army to intervine.

These thugs are worst than bad, they are pure evil !

• Like 2

Suthep supporters with Comrade Suthep on top are getting near anarchy. Would the red shirts have done that in the South, they would have been chopped or shot on the spot.

I only hope someone is arresting Suthep in the very near future and put an end to that crap. Thailand becomes a lawless country and the laughing stock of the world.

BTW I supported the removal of the Red shirts in 2010 but not killing a hundred of them. I also do not want to see that the current government will use the same tactics as Suthep did in 2010.

• Like 1