Where did you meet your Thai gf or wife?

eldragon

oh, that is gruesome......

I live w my g/f now,

I am sure I would be dead by now, if there was another man around

Not necessarily so. You might be surprised at how many Thai women with Thai husbands or boyfriends also have a farang. The Thai man approves if it enhances his finances.

I know a married Thai school teacher in S. Isaan who plays on the dating sites. She had a Dutch guy coming to visit her from a dating site. The husband just disappeared while he was there. The Dutch guy sent her money every month. Everyone in the school knew about it, but no one would tell the Dutch guy. I met the Dutch guy and he was really nice but I was never alone with him or I would have told him.

True story.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on that interweb thingy, shes a s black as coal from Issssssssaaan earns 200K a month + and has no parents, I retired after meeting her shes 37 Im 110....i mean 50, Eight years married no kids. neither of us married before, bring on the dumbass comments

• Like 2

Sorry, I didnt get back to you sooner, I was outside working on my tan.....

I am darker than my Thai g/f and I am of Ukranian Hungarian descent....

The tanning bed business in the USA is huge, especially in florida, the sunshine state...

The entire US population is eternally seeking to be tanned, and not white......

even black people play in the sun on the beaches in florida,

not sure I agree with you, indeed, the facts don;t agree with you either,

only in Thailand do women want to be whiter,

I actually think it is the blemishes on their faces from their horrible diet that they are really running from, which of course has nothing to do with their pigmentation, and everything to do with their diets of "pig"

I see it as "slightly" cultural, and all Estee Lauder and her pals at Channel.

Yes of course it's silly and the products are useless if not dangerous.

But people of all ages, races, ethnicities, genders, social classes, incomes, and education levels on every continent lighten their complexion

Goes back to ancient China and Japan, ancient Greece, Egypt and India, medieval Europe, European Colonies in Africa and the Caribbean, the US of the early 1900s.

Goes a bit deeper than mass marketing doesn't it.

Find me a culture that prized darker skin. . .

I am a but more realistic about females after being married twice and having affairs with very married women,

one a freakin newlywed............oh, the virtues of those pure amercian girls,.......

I will take a thai girl any day,

How about the many thai girls married to fool farang, and still married to her brother ? Same as American girls ? ( oh the virtues of the pure thai girls)

Why seek virtue?

I thought this was all about lust,

in particular, ours,

and what they charge for us to engage in our favorite pastime?

I am a but more realistic about females after being married twice and having affairs with very married women,

one a freakin newlywed............oh, the virtues of those pure amercian girls,.......

I will take a thai girl any day,

How about the many thai girls married to fool farang, and still married to her brother ? Same as American girls ? ( oh the virtues of the pure thai girls)

Why seek virtue?

I thought this was all about lust,

in particular, ours,

and what they charge for us to engage in our favorite pastime?

Tiddly Winks???

only in Thailand do women want to be whiter

But people of all ages, races, ethnicities, genders, social classes, incomes, and education levels on every continent lighten their complexion

Goes back to ancient China and Japan, ancient Greece, Egypt and India, medieval Europe, European Colonies in Africa and the Caribbean, the US of the early 1900s.

two minutes of googling:

http://www.asianscientist.com/features/skin-whitening-products-asia-2012/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorism#Asia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiteness_in_Japanese_culture

http://www.academia.edu/1072264/Skin_Bleaching

http://www.acrwebsite.org/volumes/v35/naacr_vol35_273.pdf

only in Thailand do women want to be whiter

two minutes of googling:

http://www.asianscientist.com/features/skin-whitening-products-asia-2012/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorism#Asia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiteness_in_Japanese_culture

http://www.academia.edu/1072264/Skin_Bleaching

http://www.acrwebsite.org/volumes/v35/naacr_vol35_273.pdf

Some interesting articles there wym. Confirms your previous posts but I don't think that will change some peoples opinion. I posted earlier stating that other asian nations prize pale skin also and that was from my experience of working with and talking to other asian nationals but that still didn't stop the " only in Thailand do women want to be whiter" post.

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yes I've been given a lot of promises like that which were 99.9% BS.

But one family where the girl flat out bolted within a week did make good with her younger sister; that worked out just fine.

I bought my wife from her mother who promised I could get my money back whenever I wanted. She lied! So I've been stuck with her for 14 years.

I have heard all this "buy from the mother" business,

and, I think it's complete nonsense, unless the girl is 16

girls in their 30's who havent been married, who find a guy willing to play the "pay the mother" game, deserve the mother, and not the daughter,

seriously, my thai g/f told me that the rules of marriage in thailand, require money to the mother, and gold, and all other sorts of tribute,

I said, "that's cool" and, if you find a guy willing to do that,

I will move out, and he can take over the bills,

I havent heard a word about marriage since,

and, the milk is free, so, why buy the cow?

• Like 1

Wow ....! Some of the comments in this chain are so privately personally opinionated as to be totally ridiculous to even post about Thai girls/women.

The last one about it being "a step down the social ladder to be seen dating a foreigner and to be seen as a prostitute and a slut". Where this final end of his 3o's this guy gurgitated this opinionated thinking I can only guess it was the back room of a bar or an opium den.

Yes I've been given a lot of promises like that which were 99.9% BS.

But one family where the girl flat out bolted within a week did make good with her younger sister; that worked out just fine.

oh its you, how is your finishing school (with benefits) for underprivileged women going? still playing the polyamorous guru and purchasing daughters, are you then?

Wow ....! Some of the comments in this chain are so privately personally opinionated as to be totally ridiculous to even post about Thai girls/women.

The last one about it being "a step down the social ladder to be seen dating a foreigner and to be seen as a prostitute and a slut". Where this final end of his 3o's this guy gurgitated this opinionated thinking I can only guess it was the back room of a bar or an opium den.

been hoping to find an opium den, do they still exist?

Apparently not for tourists, but up north can still find the substance and create your own.

Much riskier than sticking to the well-worn tourist tracks though, wouldn't advise it unless you're devoting serious time backpacking roughing it getting to know the locals on a personal basis before ever bringing the topic up, just happen to "stumble upon" it.

If you're perceived as actively looking for it you'll attract most unwelcome attention, not least from the many agencies of your own home government active here. . .

Apparently not for tourists, but up north can still find the substance and create your own.

Much riskier than sticking to the well-worn tourist tracks though, wouldn't advise it unless you're devoting serious time backpacking roughing it getting to know the locals on a personal basis before ever bringing the topic up, just happen to "stumble upon" it.

If you're perceived as actively looking for it you'll attract most unwelcome attention, not least from the many agencies of your own home government active here. . .

I have had some interesting encounters in Chiang Mai, where the drugs are flowing,

but, I am not interested in any of those "old" habits,

I good opium den though?, now that is what I think of when I think of "the orient"

reminiscent perhaps of the scene in Once Upon a Time in America, where Robert Deniro takes some time off after all his friends are murdered.

Thailand is actively after drug dealers, and they have roadblocks everywhere as soon as you leave bkk.

I notice that w my thai g/f driving her car, we are NEVER stopped, but I have had others tell me they are stopped every time, and one forced to renew his insurance, on the spot, at some egregious rate after he got caught with expeired insurance,

being retired US military did not help him, at all,

having a thai girl drive, takes all the pressure off

We should not in any way be bored by this topic. It is of endless interest and merriment!

Anyway which wife/gf?

1. The one you met in the hotel lift while trying to work out how the key card worked and it turned out she owned the hotel

2. The one you picked up from the floor as she fell off the escalator at Swampy because she was having a little argument with her i-phone?

3. The one you bribed the check in girl at Thai Airways to seat her next to you

4. The one you met clutching a bottle on the beach in Koh Lanta with no clothes, because she could not remember where she left them

5. The one whose mother asked if you would teach her English

6. The one you met in the gentlemans room in Thermae who said: Where else are you going to meet a nice guy

7. The one you met on the Internet who asked you for 10000 Baht for her air ticket to come and see you and upon your understandable refusal bought her own ticket

8. The one you met in Waitrose in the Kings Road in London who asked if you could explain why 1 Dragon Fruit was the same price as 2 kilos in Udon Thani

9. The one with no driving licence and no insurance who, in her Benz, knocked you off your bike outside RCA but paid your hospital bills

10. The one you met in a place you should not have been in, turned out to be short of ready money but owned 2000 rai in Petchabun and an apartment in Frankfurt

Good locations for meeting nice ladies would, I suppose for an impecunious foreigner, include:

1. Shoe departments in Paragon, Emporium, any Central Festival

2. BTS...give up your seat

3. Immigration Offices, Police Stations and Universities

4. Banks...high on the list and ATMs, where many people appear to require instruction on the use of.

5. Dog grooming parlours in posh areas

6. Smarten up, buy a suit, get your teeth fixed...Get a job

Avoid, for the most part, bars, massage parlours, beauty shops, checkout girls, noodle stalls, mobile phone shops, waitresses, petrol pump attendants

The wisdom and experience of other posters will be appreciated

• Like 2

We should not in any way be bored by this topic. It is of endless interest and merriment!

Anyway which wife/gf?

1. The one you met in the hotel lift while trying to work out how the key card worked and it turned out she owned the hotel

2. The one you picked up from the floor as she fell off the escalator at Swampy because she was having a little argument with her i-phone?

3. The one you bribed the check in girl at Thai Airways to seat her next to you

4. The one you met clutching a bottle on the beach in Koh Lanta with no clothes, because she could not remember where she left them

5. The one whose mother asked if you would teach her English

6. The one you met in the gentlemans room in Thermae who said: Where else are you going to meet a nice guy

7. The one you met on the Internet who asked you for 10000 Baht for her air ticket to come and see you and upon your understandable refusal bought her own ticket

8. The one you met in Waitrose in the Kings Road in London who asked if you could explain why 1 Dragon Fruit was the same price as 2 kilos in Udon Thani

9. The one with no driving licence and no insurance who, in her Benz, knocked you off your bike outside RCA but paid your hospital bills

10. The one you met in a place you should not have been in, turned out to be short of ready money but owned 2000 rai in Petchabun and an apartment in Frankfurt

Good locations for meeting nice ladies would, I suppose for an impecunious foreigner, include:

1. Shoe departments in Paragon, Emporium, any Central Festival

2. BTS...give up your seat

3. Immigration Offices, Police Stations and Universities

4. Banks...high on the list and ATMs, where many people appear to require instruction on the use of.

5. Dog grooming parlours in posh areas

6. Smarten up, buy a suit, get your teeth fixed...Get a job

Avoid, for the most part, bars, massage parlours, beauty shops, checkout girls, noodle stalls, mobile phone shops, waitresses, petrol pump attendants

The wisdom and experience of other posters will be appreciated

BTW, immigration offices do have an interesting mix of people, and, the best place to meet someone in thailand, as, they will NOT be thai....

There is a thread on this website titles, Thainess. and farange wont ever get what it means,

I wonderif that poster "gets" that, we aren't all fools, we do "get it" and we think it is pure bullsh_it and an excuse for not being a better person, thai or otherwise?

thai-ness, is nonsense......people are people, I have been all over the world, as I am sure many on these threads have, and thai ness is nothing more than an excuse for not being a better person

BTW, immigration offices do have an interesting mix of people, and, the best place to meet someone in thailand, as, they will NOT be thai....

There is a thread on this website titles, Thainess. and farange wont ever get what it means,

I wonderif that poster "gets" that, we aren't all fools, we do "get it" and we think it is pure bullsh_it and an excuse for not being a better person, thai or otherwise?

thai-ness, is nonsense......people are people, I have been all over the world, as I am sure many on these threads have, and thai ness is nothing more than an excuse for not being a better person

You wrote, "BTW, immigration offices do have an interesting mix of people, and, the best place to meet someone in thailand, as, they will NOT be thai...."

So how many not Thai women have you lived with in Thailand?

You wrote, "BTW, immigration offices do have an interesting mix of people, and, the best place to meet someone in thailand, as, they will NOT be thai...."

None yet, and the one I am now, with is about to lose her meal ticket.....

She can go back to work and wonder what what wrong, as she sits and waits for her next customer

She can go back to work and wonder what what wrong, as she sits and waits for her next customer

Don't feel bad most people who know the grass is always greener have never seen it either.

(Reference to knowing non Thai women are better although you have never met one in Thailand)

• Like 1

Don't feel bad most people who know the grass is always greener have never seen it either.

(Reference to knowing non Thai women are better although you have never met one in Thailand)

Actually, I have met some interesting non thai women here, mostly from England, and one from the US, but,

each time I was w my thai girl, and, wasn't available to them, to which they kinda laughed shrugged, gave me a too bad sort of look, (not sure too bad for who) but all seemed to have the same unspoken but non verbally spoken, why bother with them sort of mental transmission, followed up by the, you'll be tired of her soon enough, and come back here looking for western girls...

One thing they have right,

the western girls here just want the male in their life, and aren't looking for money,

but to think they aren't bat shit crazy too?

I am not going to buy any of that,

they are, we know they are,

and they know, we know they are,

and they are usually 10 or more years older than the girl I am with, so......

that answers their unspoken question

Edited by Scarpolo