Suthep vows to carry on protests peacefully in defiance of emergency decree

webfact

@PravitR Urgent! #Suthep vow 2 shutdown all air traffic in #Thailand by taking over #aerothai which control air signal tomorrow. 20.55 ht INN https://www.facebook.com/UDDInternationalNews/posts/732532736756956

here is for "peacefully"

what is not peaceful? If he can do it without fighting it is peaceful

It is not peaceful to shutdown a freight service it is a form of insurrection, it dosnt have to be physical to be violence.

vi·o·lence (vimacr.gifprime.gifschwa.gif-lschwa.gifns)

n.
1. Physical force exerted for the purpose of violating, damaging, or abusing: crimes of violence.
2. The act or an instance of violent action or behavior.
3. Intensity or severity, as in natural phenomena; untamed force: the violence of a tornado.
4. Abusive or unjust exercise of power.
5. Abuse or injury to meaning, content, or intent: do violence to a text.
6. Vehemence of feeling or expression; fervor.

This is a violent act in 2 3 4 5 and 6 what isnt violent about the threat to close off airfreight and business affecting peoples income and lives thats about as violent as it gets before physical in my book it wont happen anyway the elite wont allow it to affect their business after the last airport farce

Agreed. Though all you have done there is highlight the hypocrisy of the UDD and PTP in 2010. They still think to this day they did nothing wrong in 2010.

Bit like the UDD having principles that they just blatantly disregard and abuse. Principle #3 for instance. I will let you look it up.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Emergence Decree will encourage the protesters and get more of them to come out. How do you ban peaceful protests by citizens who aren't braeaking the law. This government knows their days in power are numbered because of the courts and not because of the protests, In 2010 the Red Shirt protesterss behaved outrageously for months with hateful and violence provoking speeches every night, pouring blood on Abhisit's front gate and on the gate of Government House, blocking off whole retail areas, shooting grenades at BTS stations, invading hospitals, etc. This government will next be declaring Martial Law, cancel elections, and rule by decree.

Their days are numbered?

As I see it, thats at least another 60 days in the driving seat for them and the caretaker government stays on until elections. Hope Suthep has enough to feed his 6million for another 60 days... and then what.

This all hurts the country and the Army and Elites now have 2 months to decide whether or not it is worth bankrupting the country and installing a Junta that will see sanctions imposed, just to get rid of Thaksin. fanciful as it is, it is more likely that some of the backers will be in negotiantion with Thaksin ready to change sides should they fail.

They'll bankrupt the country, see people die and let the man in the street do their fighting or lose their livelihoods... But they (the backers and Suthep) worship money above all else and won't want to lose theirs. Being this criminal, corrupt and poor leaves you in a very very dangerous place here!!!!!

As I see it today.. 2 own goals. Didn't need the SOE as the crowd today was tiny. And Suthep rises to confront the SOE head on by taking the day off. Pantomime indeed. I think if Yingluck had seen the small size of the crowd she may have waited another week.

@PravitR Urgent! #Suthep vow 2 shutdown all air traffic in #Thailand by taking over #aerothai which control air signal tomorrow. 20.55 ht INN https://www.facebook.com/UDDInternationalNews/posts/732532736756956

here is for "peacefully"

what is not peaceful? If he can do it without fighting it is peaceful

Not really. If I am meditating and at peace when I pull the plug on your life support after an operation...I don't think I can claim a peaceful act.

Anyway, that comment was withdrawn by the tweeter, who himself admitted to jumping to conclusions on another thread.

Protesting means to object, to vocalize arguments that are not illogical and are based on assumptions that can be upheld, even if never proven.Here is an article that disturbed me. Don't read it. It will disturb you too. http://www.freedomhouse.org/report/freedom-world/2012/thailand#.Ut6L0dL-K03

Suthep is only the front man, highly protected. He's going no-where until the Shins are off stage.

Curious - by whom is he highly protected?

Read this, and you might figure it out. Like all media pieces, it has bias, but it also contains facts not discussed on TV.

It was pretty obvious a few weeks ago that they didn't have wide support. That point was made very clear when they started lying about the number of protesters, trying to turn 75000 into 6 million.

6 Million sounds too many. But it was definitely more than 75.000 surely somewhere between 500.000 and 5.000.000. There are the videos made from the air and all streets, places, sois were packed full with people on 7 places.

All our staff went there and just 2 customer called that day as most of our frequent customer closed office or had just emergency staff there (1-2 people).

Really?

It was pretty obvious a few weeks ago that they didn't have wide support. That point was made very clear when they started lying about the number of protesters, trying to turn 75000 into 6 million.

6 Million sounds too many. But it was definitely more than 75.000 surely somewhere between 500.000 and 5.000.000. There are the videos made from the air and all streets, places, sois were packed full with people on 7 places.

All our staff went there and just 2 customer called that day as most of our frequent customer closed office or had just emergency staff there (1-2 people).

Well, I did about 5 BTS stops on one of those"mega" days....and I just couldn't see how that was the case...but even if it had been 200,000...that was the peak and the "good people" have gone home because they are scared....reasonably so

Haha. So just like the police that deny deny deny the vehicle damage and the MIB on the roof, you spout "75 000" and when challenged and confronted with facts you change your story to 200 000.

You must support the PTP!

If not, you should. That is a quality they admire. You would even get promoted with comments like that. Just ask Aiyasun Singhanat who was promoted for firing tear gas and insults at protestors. Just imagine a police force that is supposed to be neutral promoting an officer that does the opposite.

Can't wait to hear about the courts as a rebuttal! Criminals will always say the courts are not neutral when they are guilty. They will respect the decision of the courts when they are innocent of course. It is the guilty ones they don't adhere to. It is those decisions that ensure that kidnapping threats are followed which incidentally goes against principle #3 of the UDD.

• Like 1

Serious announcment. In the Photo, one of the four looks to have a Smug Look on their Face

Dont you just love Chalerm. Poke fun at him at your leisure. This guy is the real deal when it comes to doing the 'dirty jobs'. One who stayed loyal to Thaksin when others (Newin) took the money. Love him or hate him he doesn't care. True mafia. You need some big stones to go head to head with this guy.... 'Payback' for 2010 is written all over his face.

Suthep will lead the march into the police lines....Who is he kidding..For Christ sake Suthep...run..run now..run far...Chalerms after you

here is for "peacefully"

RT @PravitR: Correction: It's not clear at this stage if #PDRC has intention 2 disrupt civilian air traffic. My apology 4 jumping 2 conclusion. #ป

At no stage more than 150,000 according to independent sources.To make generous allowance for error, say 200,000.Claims of 500,000 let alone millions are absurd.I don't understand the need to lie since it was an impressively large crowd at its peak, even if numbers have dwindled since.

A

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Wow, I am coughing. 500,000 and 5,000,000 is a big gap. I think it must be 50,000,000. May be 55,555,555. Oh no coughing again. Need to see those protesting doctors and nurses. Hope they are not having hearing problems from blowing their bluesky branded designer whistle - look like a pacifier to me.

At no stage more than 150,000 according to independent sources.To make generous allowance for error, say 200,000.Claims of 500,000 let alone millions are absurd.I don't understand the need to lie since it was an impressively large crowd at its peak, even if numbers have dwindled since.

A

The Bangkok Post estimated about 350,000 in a detailed analysis in December. (article was something like "59,000 or 1 million")

• Like 1

Peacefully? He just said that he will show down air traffic control:

RT @fratticcioli: RT @PravitR: #Suthep vow 2 shutdown all air traffic in #Thailand by taking over #AeroThai which control air signal tomorrow.

How will he explain if 2 passenger jets collide over Thai airspace?

Love your avatar. "Respect my vote" What about post election democratic principles. Agree with them as well?

If so what have the PTP done "post ballot box" to highlight they are truly democratic?

You have me thinking about changing my avatar to "Respect my adherence to ALL the principles of democracy instead of allowing elections to open a gateway to abuse all the other principles"

Can't use that avatar though as it is too long. It won't be seen. Does not change the fact it is pertinent even if it won't be seen.

Edited by djjamie
  • Like 1

Based on lessons from the past there is now a high probability the peaceful protesters will need armed guards to protect them.

The "guards" are already armed...

Countless pictures of these yellow thugs arrested with all sorts of weapon are circulating on social media...

Sent from my iPhone...

• Like 1

A

The Bangkok Post estimated about 350,000 in a detailed analysis in December. (article was something like "59,000 or 1 million")

I said independent sources .There were never anything like 350,000.

The space required for human beings meant it was no more than 350k on the busiest day, probably far less - the big rally in late December. Multiple sources have estimated the biggest shutdown day since then at around 150K. Now it's 10-20k.

Edited by Snig27

I was there and you are a liar, there enough air pictures you can count by yourself...bah.gif