Thai Police 'clueless' about grenade attack, would welcome tips

webfact

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First thing SOE needs to do is shut down the Nation for its badly researched news items, its terrible reporting and appalling mish mash of half truths and distractions that are mixed up with lots of other separate topics under the same headlines.

And the relevance to this thread is......??

Its relevant because its another appalling bit of reporting for the reasons ive already stated by the Nation and I for one am sick of it being the prime newsfeed here.

Turn off the lights on you way out

Since you are such a great reporter with a keen nose for news ... apply for a job

Well, if (and I am not saying that is how it happened) Thaksin, or one of his puppets, (or some other party) hired a guy to throw a grenade and he got caught on video, he will not be alive anymore. He will be wearing cement overshoes or has been fed to the alligators already, because he is much too dangerous, to let him live, now that his picture is out there.

It probably went something like this...

"We will pay you 100,000 Baht, to throw a Grenade into the demonstrators. We give you 10000 now and 90000 when you come back. Then they kill him and make his body disappear, when he comes back.

After all, it only costs between $1000 - $2000, in Thailand, to have somebody killed, professionally.

Edited by kurtgruen

Well, if (and I am not saying that is how it happened) Thaksin, or one of his puppets, (or some other party) hired a guy to throw a grenade and he got caught on video, he will not be alive anymore. He will be wearing cement overshoes or has been fed to the alligators already, because he is much too dangerous, to let him live, now that his picture is out there.

"We will pay you 100,000 Baht, to throw a Grenade into the demonstrators. We give you 10000 now and 90000 when you come back. Then they kill him and make his body disappear, when he comes back.

After all, it only costs between $1000 - $2000, in Thailand, to have somebody killed, professionally.

You have to stop watching that kind of movies . Try a romance for instance.

• Like 2

First thing SOE needs to do is shut down the Nation for its badly researched news items, its terrible reporting and appalling mish mash of half truths and distractions that are mixed up with lots of other separate topics under the same headlines.

Its relevant because its another appalling bit of reporting for the reasons ive already stated by the Nation and I for one am sick of it being the prime newsfeed here.

Only like the news when it reports the views that support our opinions do we?

You see the thinking - censor the media. Truth is irrelevant, the people must only be told what we want them to think. Very democratic.

I hope your avatar is to do with your liking for treas rather than an expression of nationality. British people normally support freedom of the press and free speech. Otherwise corrupt governments get away with illegal acts.

A senior commander, Pol Maj-General Wicharnwat Borrirakkul, also warned people not to speculate on who the suspect may work for. "As long as the suspect is not arrested, don't just speculate," he said.

I agree. Once the suspect is arrested by the clueless police and subsequently silenced, then the people have permission to speculate to their hearts content.

Nice propaganda phrasing there in the title. Obviously the police are not 'clueless' as they have a video of the perpetrator. But all the fascists reading can have a good laugh as they swallow their daily propaganda.

• Like 1

You see the thinking - censor the media. Truth is irrelevant, the people must only be told what we want them to think. Very democratic.

I hope your avatar is to do with your liking for treas rather than an expression of nationality. British people normally support freedom of the press and free speech. Otherwise corrupt governments get away with illegal acts.

Don't be a goofball the Nation is an appalling paper try reading the other one for sensible reporting. I was being sarcastic about shutting it down, its just such a badly edited and run paper, in fact there is no such thing as a paper that is uncensored here what planet are you on ?

You think the gagging laws are there for the truth ?

lol funny man Thailand dosnt have free speech or freedom of the press, if it did the place would not be in the mess it is now.

You do know about the elephant in the room i take it ? whistling.gif

Edited by englishoak

I received a news text from the other newspaper yesterday stating that Mr. T's son was reporting his dad was offering a B10 Million reward for the arrest of the grenade thrower.

Haven't seen or heard this through any other news outlet by highly possible as Mr. T is ever the opportunist.

You haven't read the report here that started this thread then?

I received a news text from the other newspaper yesterday stating that Mr. T's son was reporting his dad was offering a B10 Million reward for the arrest of the grenade thrower.

Haven't seen or heard this through any other news outlet by highly possible as Mr. T is ever the opportunist.

You haven't read the report here that started this thread then?

Missed that paragraph, too wrapped up in clueless police and speeding cars driven by a drugged up woman. Seeing the Shinawatra name tends to induce temporary reading problems.

• Like 1

It would be tempting to say that the police are simply clueless, but everyone knows they are not. And it is particularly rich for the police to admonish those who have ideas regarding the perpetrator, when that is exactly what Surapong has been doing. In fact, it's become the centre piece of the emergency decree rationale. One thing is for sure. Nothing will come of this " investigation " You can bet the family farm on it. And Thaksin's gesture is a profoundly empty one. For one, he would likely not even be offering his own money. But in any event, he knows his money is safe. Because he knows nothing will come of this investigation. But as Cambodian mercenaries are being smuggled to attack the protest movement - a revelation that was confirmed by a senior Thai Navy officer yesterday - and as the same tactic was used during Ratchaprason in 2010 - Thaksin's public relations gesture strikes one as profoundly two-faced. And as always - self-serving. And as always - without credibility.

Theres nothing wrong with The Nation reporting the "news", biased or not, it's the general sloppiness that should be embarassing to any proprietor of an English Language newspaper. Compare and contrast with the other English language newspaper, surely you must agree the standards are way different and the other paper isn't perfect by any means.

One of the big objections in other countries to having a national ID program is that it allows tracking of citizens by the enormous amounts of unseen cameras. Thailand has a national ID program and technology these days would allow authorities to search for this individual fairly easily if the image were loaded in a database.

It's interesting to me that he hasn't been identified.

As has been pointed out, it made no sense for the pro-government side to plan an action against a diminishing protest movement. It could have been an irate and deranged individual. But he would almost surely be local and easily identified.

The fact that this happened, the individual got away and cannot be identified, points to some form of organization. So who would gain from such an attack?

It's even cheaper if you're willing to settle for 'less than professional'

Rachata served as a security chief under the late Army adviser Khattiya Swasdiphol (Seh Daeng). He said he had been charged with terrorism for being involved in a red-shirt riot in 2009, before being linked to the blast at Victory Monument.

being charged with terrorism and still at large and on YouTube!!!

Amazing internet…….

• Like 1

This Article's headline:

"Police Clueless"

"Welcome Tips"

Sounds lik a cross between

Hogan's Hero's Sergeant Schultz "I See Nothing....... Nothing".

and the Popeye Cartoon character Whimpy " I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamurger today"

Edited by KimoMax

Rachata served as a security chief under the late Army adviser Khattiya Swasdiphol (Seh Daeng). He said he had been charged with terrorism for being involved in a red-shirt riot in 2009, before being linked to the blast at Victory Monument.

being charged with terrorism and still at large and on YouTube!!!

Amazing internet…….

They've probably already released those two guys they caught earlier today delivering explosives on their motorbike.

What about the guy in a Police or Military Uniform seen on the video coming out of the back room moments before the suspect throws the Bomb, then runs in the same direction as the uniformed man.

The bomb thrower had to have run into or past the uniformed guy about the same time the bomb went off.

The uniform was dark brown or black long sleeves, and had Service bars on the left chest and insignia pins on epilets, collar, and chest.

Wondering if anyone (particularly invstigators) pays attention to everything in evidence videos ?

If I remember correctly a taxi driver said he dropped the suspect off in Jaransanitwong road.

From the video, the clothes, the cap and the face of the suspect are clearly visible and the pictures have been widely circulated in the media.

Perhaps the police need to put some billboards featuring stills from the video for it's hard to believe no one: passerbys, neighbours, vendors, motorcycle taxi drivers saw where he went.

Unless he isn't here.

Perhaps he is Cambodian, perhaps he was whisked away in a van, a change of clothes, back across the border in 2 or 3 hours.

Just a thought.

And quite possibly he is now in a shallow grave by now, no way his backers want him being caught.