Red-shirt core leader Kwanchai shot

webfact

This is a first report and first reports always get modified.

Still, it's no secret an assault rifle is far more powerful and devastating than a handgun, so this is a serious development. If the elite groupings are involved going after one of their own, broadly speaking, then none of them are safe.

And this is a bushwhacking, a targeted pickoff attempt, which begins to add an eeriness to the shadow boxing already going on.

Actually if it was an M16 which uses 5.56 NATO rounds then NO a 45 or 357 is more devastating. It's a larger slug.

Edit : it seems it was an AK47.. 7.62... much bigger slug

http://inagist.com/all/425842809556320257/

More info.. looks like he may have made enemies locally as his radio station was bombed in August.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Size of slug is one thing. Velocity and distance is another. I know which I would prefer !

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No doubt we shall be hearing that of course Suthep was the man behind the shooting of course

However it would be wise to recall the fate of a prominent member of the Red Shirts in 2010 who was shot in the head and of course subsequently died as a result, that action was taken no doubt as a warning to others to toe the line and not become mavericks.

One is led to wonder whether this latest shot Red Shirt leader is paying the penalty for not toeing the line and perhaps being seen as a maverick too.

This shooting could be as a result of his failure to drum up a decent resistance to the current P.R.D.C. protesters or as a warning to others regarding their profile politically.

There is of course the option of a black flag operation, minions are easily sacrificed and we are all well aware of what respect the Red Shirt pawns can expect and indeed the respect actually received from from their foreign based sponsor..

There are many avenues of suspect open regarding this particular shooting, many cul de sacs. However there is but one clear route leading to the truth and without a doubt we shall never see that route traveled.

Anyone being shot is unacceptable, simple as that.

Your skill for conspiracy theory's are quite good, as is your fiction writing, have you put any thought into writing a novel?

• Like 1

Still, it's no secret an assault rifle is far more powerful and devastating than a handgun, so this is a serious development. If the elite groupings are involved going after one of their own, broadly speaking, then none of them are safe.

And this is a bushwhacking, a targeted pickoff attempt, which begins to add an eeriness to the shadow boxing already going on.

Actually if it was an M16 which uses 5.56 NATO rounds then NO a 45 or 357 is more devastating. It's a larger slug.

Shows what you know about guns. The muzzle velocity of a .45 is less than 850 fps. Link.

The speed of a .357 magnum with a typical 158 gr bullet is about 1100 fps. Link

The speed of an M193 bullet fired from an M16 is 3,165 fps. Link

There is something called ballistic energy that cannot be matched by any handgun.

Right I don't know much about guns. I'm British.

I do understand that the bullet goes faster and further .. but it's still a small slug.. hence the reason most special forces around the world use 7.62 or equal rather than the 5.56 .. they want stopping power. Just what I've read..

• Like 1

Shows what you know about guns. The muzzle velocity of a .45 is less than 850 fps. Link.

There is something called ballistic energy that cannot be matched by any handgun.

I do understand that the bullet goes faster and further .. but it's still a small slug.. hence the reason most special forces around the world use 7.62 or equal rather than the 5.56 .. they want stopping power. Just what I've read..

Then you might want to read up on 5.56mm fragmentation and yawing. Also hydrostatic shock.

regards

S

I'm British too and have fired all the calibre's you mention. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. True, my preference was always 7.62 from the old days, but then I saw the damage a high velocity 5.56 round could do in combat and I changed my mind. Both are lethal.

Don't believe all you read in those novels

• Like 2

RT @RichardBarrow: Two bullets hit Kwanchai, others hit this concrete pillar (Via @Chu_SpringNews) http://t.co/aK3XxC5VMg

BejvdpXCIAAlT1M.jpg

Must been one of those 5000 Baht hitmen that are always talke about on this forum.

Looks like 3 hits to the post.

Put the rifle on 'rock n roll' automatic, and fire away till the target goes down.

Doesn't take a brain surgeon to do this.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

RT @RichardBarrow: Two bullets hit Kwanchai, others hit this concrete pillar (Via @Chu_SpringNews) http://t.co/aK3XxC5VMg n

BejvdpXCIAAlT1M.jpg

IF it was a high velocity round the firing point would have had to have been a long long way away if the picture is true! Or the rounds had already passed through an obstacle.

Powerful enough to seemingly have snapped the rebar steel behind the post"?

http://inagist.com/all/425842809556320257/

More info.. looks like he may have made enemies locally as his radio station was bombed in August.

Size of slug is one thing. Velocity and distance is another. I know which I would prefer !

Exactly. All you have to ask yourself is why the military doesn't fight with pistols if they are so much more powerful. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

RT @RichardBarrow: Two bullets hit Kwanchai, others hit this concrete pillar (Via @Chu_SpringNews) http://t.co/aK3XxC5VMg n

BejvdpXCIAAlT1M.jpg

IF it was a high velocity round the firing point would have had to have been a long long way away if the picture is true! Or the rounds had already passed through an obstacle.

Be good to get other opinions? I have been out of the firearms business now for 13 years so not sure about technological advances. Looks like .22 to me though.

Only one thing is clear here.

The people behind this know full well this will most likely cause the existing issues to escalate

Pedro, TIT, foresight is not really a hallmark of the population. It may just as well had been a drunkard with a grudge that shot at him.

Characters like Kwanchai make enemies left, right and center.

We may never know the real motive for the attempted assassination of Kwanchai. The timing, however, is suspect. I will withhold any comment about who I believe is the perpetrator because I simply do not know. Violence of this type against any person, political color, or creed is abhorrent and deplorable. Hope they trace the vehicle soon and punish the perpetrators. With CCTVs in many places, is should not be difficult to trace.

• Like 2

"this is a bushwhacking, a targeted pickoff attempt," or it could have been an argument amongst "friends" and someone picked up the first gun to hand. First report with very little information, right?

That's what I noted, yes, first reports.

However, if this is based in local village politics and somebody picked up a high powered rifle because it happened to be "the first gun to hand" lying around, and some neighbor is ticked at Kwanchai because he hasn't mowed his lawn in 20 years, then the locals who would have done this had better be gone half way across the world by now, right now.

The comments reading, I understand the low level of some posters, but on this topic most comments are so low.

This is a very bad situation, for all Thai and and for us "Farangs" as we all know where it starts but for the moment we don't have any idea where it will end.

Lets all hope this does not lead to a civil war, no matter what color (we) support.

• Like 1

BejvdpXCIAAlT1M.jpg

Powerful enough to seemingly have snapped the rebar steel behind the post"?

Lol.... Are you being serious? An inch of steel has been CUT out of the rebar, not shot by two bullets simultaneously. I do see your point though, Batman could have done that.

Said it weeks ago ... Suthep needs a civil war.

If Suthep wanted a civil war, Kwanchai would be dead, not lying in hospital.

Do you dream of Suthep's demise while sleeping?

Interesting thoughts you have. Those are your words, not mine.

Suthep's only way out of this is by starting a civil war. I said it weeks ago, before anyone was shot. Obviously the person who shot Kwanchai and the people who authorized it know very well the events it may set in motion and that was probably the plan.

The government has nothing to gain by creating unrest. Only one group of people benefit from violence and we all know who they are.

• Like 2