Red-shirt core leader Kwanchai shot

webfact

This is a great opportunity for Suthep to lift his profile and possibly garnish some more support. He needs to get up on his stage and vigorously denounce such actions. He needs to public call on his supporters in the loudest possible manner to not resort to such violence or to kidnap government officials. If he does this he may even lift himself up in the eyes of the international community. Suthep call for the immeadiate investigation and arrest of the persons responsible and give the police your utmost support. Maybe some sincere and truly heart felt messages of condolences and support to the victims family.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh dear. So sad. Never mind.

What a sick comment. How can you wish that on anybody?

Same goes for those that "liked" your shameful post.

Indeed, Just for the keyboard warriors don't forget there are other people it affects, not just the victim

13903649861390372790l.jpg

• Like 1

This is a great opportunity for Suthep to lift his profile and possibly garnish some more support. He needs to get up on his stage and vigorously denounce such actions. He needs to public call on his supporters in the loudest possible manner to not resort to such violence or to kidnap government officials. If he does this he may even lift himself up in the eyes of the international community. Suthep call for the immeadiate investigation and arrest of the persons responsible and give the police your utmost support. Maybe some sincere and truly heart felt messages of condolences and support to the victims family.

Why would Suthep bother commenting on something that is probably a business deal gone wrong?

• Like 1

Why would Suthep bother commenting on something that is probably a business deal gone wrong?

I didn't realise it was part of a business deal.

My appologies I assumed that it was part of the pro and anti government situation. I stand duly corrected.

Thailand's red shirt leader shot; police pick up 42 bullet casings

<snip>

A police source told The Straits Times 42 bullet casings were found at the scene, and Mr Kwanchai had been hit in the right arm and leg while he was sitting outside his office drinking coffee and reading the newspaper.

More here - straitstime

Hmmmmmmm, regular AK47 doesn't hold 42 rounds in it's clip........facepalm.gif

National Magazine 50 Round Black Mag For AK-47/7.62X39MM ...

The holes in the post are not consistent with 7.62mm @ 100m !

can any of you brave ppl tell me if its safe to go outside yet. i want to go to 7eleven and get some chocolate cake

chocolate cake from 7eleven?you must be a very brave person because coconut fat is not good for your health.

<snip>

A police source told The Straits Times 42 bullet casings were found at the scene, and Mr Kwanchai had been hit in the right arm and leg while he was sitting outside his office drinking coffee and reading the newspaper.

More here - straitstime

Looks bigger to me, but perhaps the post was near the shooter and the target was way further on.

Not having shot any concrete posts at 100m, or having viewed other photographs of same, I will bow to your expertise. So what are they consistent with?

Assuming the ammunition is in good condition as manufactured I would expect 3 rounds to have impacted heavily enough to blow away substantial pieces of concrete to at least expose some internal rebar. As I said earlier it looks like .22 to me. But to be sure you need to be there!

Got to love the Thaivisa ballistics experts who can tell the calibre of bullet and the range it was fired from by looking at some grainy photo of a hole in a concrete post. Any ideas on the make and model?

You can ignore us chum. Good to talk sometimes, Chill out and have a beer. rolleyes.gif ..........coffee1.gif

Not having shot any concrete posts at 100m, or having viewed other photographs of same, I will bow to your expertise. So what are they consistent with?

Assuming the ammunition is in good condition as manufactured I would expect 3 rounds to have impacted heavily enough to blow away substantial pieces of concrete to at least expose some internal rebar. As I said earlier it looks like .22 to me. But to be sure you need to be there!

Bloody big assumption old son. A lot of the AK ammo floating around asia has been around since the Viet Nam war. And while Russia was generously supplying NVN, a lot of stuff they sold them was out of date - bolt action SSKs and old ammo due to be scrapped way back then.

Edited by JRSoul
  • Like 1

Got to love the Thaivisa ballistics experts who can tell the calibre of bullet and the range it was fired from by looking at some grainy photo of a hole in a concrete post. Any ideas on the make and model?

It's difficult to be sure of the make or model of the concrete post. One assumes it is 4 inches wide and made of low grade Thai concrete.

What I was saying the damage did not look consistent with 3 hits of 7.62mm at the reported distance of 100m

As for the ballistics knowledge you are attempting to take the pssi out of, pray tell us, what do you think?

• Like 1

Bloody big assumption old son. A lot of the AK ammo floating around asia has been around since the Viet Nam war. And while Russia was generously supplying NVN, a lot of stuff they sold them was out of date - bolt action SSKs and old ammo due to be scrapped way back then.

If it was old expired degraded ammo that would explain both the lack of damage to the post and the reason the victim is still alive as opposed to multiple fatal internal injuries sustained by ricocheting high velocity tumblers.... Maybe.

42 rounds from 100 yds at a sitting duck target, with 2 hits.

"A rabble is no more an army than a pile of building materials is a house. " Socrates

An AK47 on full auto is not a very accurate weapon at those distances. Muzzle climb can be significant.

Only an untrained idiot would attempt a 42 round auto burst.

I will go with that one. Let's say, 2 seconds apart to allow barrow to stabilize and re-aim in single shot mode that would be 84 seconds. Don't think they would want to hang around firing away that long and the target would have moved post haste by then also considering an arm & leg wound only. Of course, there may have been multiple weapons, but still rather amateurs.

RT @RichardBarrow: Two bullets hit Kwanchai, others hit this concrete pillar (Via @Chu_SpringNews) http://t.co/aK3XxC5VMg n

BejvdpXCIAAlT1M.jpg

IF it was a high velocity round the firing point would have had to have been a long long way away if the picture is true! Or the rounds had already passed through an obstacle.

Sorry already been mentioned withdrawn post.

Edited by briboy

<snip>

More here - straitstime

Don't forget this is a concrete post poured by a Thai contractor. Also it looks like their amazing weapon shot a two or three inch piece out of that rebar. I wonder if Kwanchai was sitting out in that field or in that sandbox drinking his coffee.

Edited by rogerdee123

Surprised no one's blamed the red shirts for doing this in an attempt to discredit the anti-government protesters!

Probably because it is as absurd as saying the grenade attacks on the anti government protesters is self inflicted for the same reason.

• Like 1

42 rounds from 100 yds at a sitting duck target, with 2 hits.

"A rabble is no more an army than a pile of building materials is a house. " Socrates

An AK47 on full auto is not a very accurate weapon at those distances. Muzzle climb can be significant.

Only an untrained idiot would attempt a 42 round auto burst.

I will go with that one. Let's say, 2 seconds apart to allow barrow to stabilize and re-aim in single shot mode that would be 84 seconds. Don't think they would want to hang around firing away that long and the target would have moved post haste by then also considering an arm & leg wound only. Of course, there may have been multiple weapons, but still rather amateurs.

But that's not using your weapon's capability. On auto with 3-4 round bursts and a cyclic rate ~600rpm, you should easily manage a burst every 2 seconds. With anybody competent and a sighted rifle, the guy should be hamburger.

The less accurate model is 'capable of shooting 4–6 inch groups at 100 yards' and 'The best shooters are able to hit a man-sized target at 800 metres with five shots (firing from prone position or a trench) or ten shots (standing)' source wiki.

It's difficult to be sure of the make or model of the concrete post. One assumes it is 4 inches wide and made of low grade Thai concrete.

What I was saying the damage did not look consistent with 3 hits of 7.62mm at the reported distance of 100m

As for the ballistics knowledge you are attempting to take the pssi out of, pray tell us, what do you think?

Whilst we are all off topic I would also like to discuss the concrete post. By the looks of it, it was constructed by an 11 yr and 73 day old Burmese boy who was kidnapped and used as slave labour. He was forced to mix concrete left over from the Vietnam war and had no pride in his work, hence the use of to much sand causing the structure to be weak and brittle. The actual shots were fired by a 12 yr old girl called AIR using a slug/BB gun ho is still pissed off that the Thai authorities haven't captured and prosecuted her tormentors. The Thai authorities have lost face over the incident and fabricated a new story of a machine gun being used.

It is all very logical and simple really.thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

<snip>

More here - straitstime

The post is close to the road where they shot from, I presume Mr Kwanchai was near the building 100m away.

That gun barrel must have been glowing cherry red....