Good dentist in Pattaya

mls

I know there has been a thread on this, but it's somewhat out of date and things change fairly quickly here.

I need a good all round dentist who can handle crowns as well as the usual cleaning etc.

Not bothered about price if the quality is good, though don't want to pay through the nose, obviously.

Not bothered about area, though north end is closest to me - have car so can travel.

Had a clean at BHP a couple of years ago and wasn't very impressed, though it always seems to depend on the actual dentist, so maybe I was unlucky.

Do need dentist with good English too.

Would be very grateful for recommendations with name of dentist, clinic, address and phone number if possible.

Thanks y'all.

• 3 weeks later...

I have heard good feedback on the German dental clinic on Thappraya Road. 

German Dental Clinic
Michael Schlatter
Thappraya Rd, Soi-9,
Tel:038-251289
[email protected]

I'm not sure if it has  an orthodontist (which is what you need) but email or call and ask.

Some people have also spoken favorably of;

http://www.studiosmilethailand.com/

http://www.dentalsmilepattaya.com/

• Like 1

My dentist, Dr. Tappasit, Studio Smile, practiced in the USA and speaks excellent English. He is at the higher end of the scale, uses quality materials. The clinic is by the Dolphin roundabout opposite the Dusit Thani. Edited by ThaiBob

Dr.Warin at the Dental Health Centre on Pattaya klang was and still is one of the best AND reasonably priced in Pattaya as reported in previous threads.thumbsup.gif

I used khun Warin for a crown and root filling.

Although I am 400km away I may well book an appointment with him as I am not confident with rural dentists.

His practice was on the left going down Klang towards the beach. Shortly after the old Carrefour as I recall, in a row of shop houses.

Thank you all for your responses. It's much more useful to have the name of a dentist rather than just a clinic. Will have to call and check out both Dr Warin and Dr Tappasit.

I presume when you say, ThaiBob, that Dr Tappasit is at the higher end of the scale, you mean in terms of expense, not just quality?

Thank you all for your responses. It's much more useful to have the name of a dentist rather than just a clinic. Will have to call and check out both Dr Warin and Dr Tappasit.
I presume when you say, ThaiBob, that Dr Tappasit is at the higher end of the scale, you mean in terms of expense, not just quality?

He is not cheapest dentist in town, he has state of the art equipment. He also worked at BPH before opening his own clinic. I paid 13,000 for a porcelain metal base rear molar. I probably could have done work cheaper and I realize price is the number one consideration for some people but not for me even though I do not have dental insurance. He has many patients from the Pattaya City Expat Club. I know many people think highly of Dr. Warin also.

Thanks ThaiBob.

I had a lot of work done, just before I moved to Thailand and after, at Silom Dental Clinic in Bangkok but it's just not worth going all the way up there if it's for a check up and nothing needs doing. 13000 doesn't sound that excessive, but my Thai partner needs some work doing so will need to check out the cost for that - not as flush these days with the interest and exchange rates. I don't need anything major, just clean, check-up and maybe a crown re-seating.

All really useful info, so am grateful. Thanks again.

My dentist, Dr. Tappasit, Studio Smile, practiced in the USA and speaks excellent English. He is at the higher end of the scale, uses quality materials. The clinic is by the Dolphin roundabout opposite the Dusit Thani.

I used this dentist for some years an he is very good that I can tel you

I have to agree with the others that said Dr Warin Leepai, I had a crown placed by another Doc near Tuk Com and it got infected a few days later, then a year later the crown fell off and the same office said I needed a root canal, taking the advice off others I went in and asked Dr Warin Leepai how much for a root canal, he checked me out and said I don't need a root canal just a new crown, he saved a chunk of pain and money and the tooth has been fine for the past 5 years.

Pattaya Klang across from Big C extra, shaop named "Dental Care Center", here's his office # 038-720-079  (make sure to ask for the husband as the shop is a husband & wife/same last name place).  The shop doesn't have fancy TV's, interior decoration, lobby computer, etc but he passes his savings onto you.

• Like 1

Just had a cleaning and crown done by Dr Suppanut Boonperm Smile Dental 038-427830 27/47 South Pattaya Road he's just about next to the Wat there. The crown costs me 5000 baht and thats a bargain compared to the states $ 1,500 in America ! The cleaning costs me 500 baht although it can go up to 1000 depending on the condition of your teeth. I also had one filling done for 500 baht.. All together in the States that would cost me from my dentist there about $2100 dollars ! Here totaled out about 200 dollars ! I am a very happy man! I have no complaints about his work his english was good and was very considerate of my comfort.

• Like 1

Just had a cleaning and crown done by Dr Suppanut Boonperm Smile Dental 038-427830 27/47 South Pattaya Road he's just about next to the Wat there. The crown costs me 5000 baht and thats a bargain compared to the states $ 1,500 in America ! The cleaning costs me 500 baht although it can go up to 1000 depending on the condition of your teeth. I also had one filling done for 500 baht.. All together in the States that would cost me from my dentist there about $2100 dollars ! Here totaled out about 200 dollars ! I am a very happy man! I have no complaints about his work his english was good and was very considerate of my comfort.

• Like 1

A lot of people come to Pattaya to get dental work done, so I think these reports are very useful.

In the past I regularly visited the wonderful Dr Aree at the Pattaya International Hospital but sadly she is no longer there, so I'm also looking for a new Dentist.

Thanks for the recommendations.

• 4 months later...

A lot of people come to Pattaya to get dental work done, so I think these reports are very useful.

In the past I regularly visited the wonderful Dr Aree at the Pattaya International Hospital but sadly she is no longer there, so I'm also looking for a new Dentist.

Thanks for the recommendations.

I found Dr. Wongsapat on this forum, so time to give something back to the community…

This is the dentist recommended by Dr. Aree, and I must say I was very satisfied with him. He did a very conscientious job with the teeth cleaning and told me the pros and cons about teeth whitening. Not just out to make an easy buck like a lot of fancy dental places in Pattaya.

Pro Dent is his place, located a few hundred meters (ok, yards) up North Road from the roundabout (Naklua side). Can’t find his website, but they seem to be on call on 08-22559950

• 4 weeks later...