HIV in thailand.

ultimate weapon

There is no "system" of registration of people who are HIV positive in Thailand. There are no sanctions taken against HIV+ foreigners and plenty of them in Thailand.

As to whether people are afraid of catching it, from what I see on this board, it varies greatly by individual and not necessarily in relation to actual risk. Some people refuse to believe it could happen to them and persist in high risk behavior, some people take all reasonable precautions and obsessively worry nonetheless and most people probably fall in between these extremes.

HIV is not a casually transmitted virus. The means of transmission are now widely known. There is no need to isolate or kick out people with HIV. There is a need to take personal precautions to avoid getting it if engaging in the practices that are high risk.

There is no "system" of registration of people who are HIV positive in Thailand. There are no sanctions taken against HIV+ foreigners and plenty of them in Thailand.

As to whether people are afraid of catching it, from what I see on this board, it varies greatly by individual and not necessarily in relation to actual risk. Some people refuse to believe it could happen to them and persist in high risk behavior, some people take all reasonable precautions and obsessively worry nonetheless and most people probably fall in between these extremes

i am curious why doesn't anyone actually do something about foreigners with HIV? I mean they would be a menance to the locals wouldn't they or cos it would affect the sex industry in thailand?

As to whether people are afraid of catching it, from what I see on this board, it varies greatly by individual and not necessarily in relation to actual risk. Some people refuse to believe it could happen to them and persist in high risk behavior, some people take all reasonable precautions and obsessively worry nonetheless and most people probably fall in between these extremes

i am curious why doesn't anyone actually do something about foreigners with HIV? I mean they would be a menance to the locals wouldn't they or cos it would affect the sex industry in thailand?

What would you suggest is "done" about foreigners ?