Closure of local government offices

keestha

Today the telephone office and the post office in Khao Lak were closed, starting this afternoon, I was told by the staff still present there that they will remain closed till the present government resigns. Anything of the kind going on in Phuket?

I got my mail today too, Friday 24th

Here is a thread already running on local closures

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697718-govt-offices-closed-monday-201-in-phuket/?p=7337808

I think iti's established from the Employment Office's behavior in Phuket. with the offering of some services at satelite desks- that it is the particular chief of the services who is making personal decisions whether or not to support protestors undermining govt services.

Guess they figure the inconvenience will have themajority clamoring for the govt to step down. I'm sure the govt in Bangkok couldn't care less about what Phuket needs.

The electricity went off this afternoon, common enough occurence for a short time, luckily it is back on, but I have no doubt, if continued things will spiral down to a point it is interfered with.

This could really hit the fan.

This morning about 9:30 Immigration's foreigner help staff at the US consulate outreach were informing us the PPEO was still closed - decided to go by, and yep it's open but the DBD is still closed. My WP got a receipt for a renewal application , which extends it past the expiration on Friday , but cannot submit the application until DBD opens-

I asked why they had reopened, " we told the head of protests that people need us."

The social security office is open, Th elivestock Dept is too and the Customs house has the entry gate open, ( exit gate closed) are doing applications but were all dressed in civvies.

Edited by EBlair48

Does anyone know if;

The Provincial Employement Office been closed again? There are reports a splinter group is forcing re- closures.

My accountant tells me Dept Business Development is open, any confirmation ? I'm thinking she means the online services are active.

Any district revenue offices open? Thalang specifically ?

Thanks