Navy Seals commander insists foreign forces were brought in

Lite Beer

Commander of the Navy’s special naval warfare or Navy Seals reaffirmed Wednesday that foreign armed forces were brought into the country to deal with the protesters.

Blame the FALANG without any evidence, another act of saving face....

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This man wants his 15 minutes, not question at all.

If comes inside foreign forces I would take weapon against them also.

Well at the moment I think he can be accused of dereliction of duty. If he opens wider he will get both his and someone else's feet in too.

Why? It is the armed forces remit to prevent illegal entry. If these people entered legally, but he suspects their intentions, his duty would be to alert the BIB (done) and possibly to monitor their activities, though that sounds more like a police function IMHO.

He already stated that he saw 10 vans filled with Cambodians crossing the border and he knew that as they were passing in the night that they were Cambodians and not Thais looking like Cambodians. And he knew they were headed for the protesters to commit violence.

Then later the same Thai naval officer claims expertise in examining the photos of the grenade thrower and can even identify the type of throw and where he received his throwing training. My lord, put this Thai naval officer in charge of all investigations at once. He is uncanny from his naval post identifying 10 land vans crossing with Cambodians, not Thais who appear Cambodian. The naval office then examined the photos and was able to pinpoint the throwing technique and where the thrower received his training.

This Thai naval office has uncanny ability to read the stars and foresee the future. How could the supreme commander of Thai military force overlook this naval officer and not put him in charge of all investigations of national security in Thailand? Now he states that he doesn't care if they sacked or jailed him for revealing top secrets. Sounds like he has been smoking some of the confiscated narcotics.

I was trained to throw a grenade with a straight arm, not like the "pansy" bar girl like lob as in the photo !

This man wants his 15 minutes, not question at all.

If comes inside foreign forces I would take weapon against them also.

Well at the moment I think he can be accused of dereliction of duty. If he opens wider he will get both his and someone else's feet in too.

Why? It is the armed forces remit to prevent illegal entry. If these people entered legally, but he suspects their intentions, his duty would be to alert the BIB (done) and possibly to monitor their activities, though that sounds more like a police function IMHO.

Armed Cambodians are entering the country and you just sit on the info and do nothing?

Not sure what oath the Thai armed forces take, but I wouldn't presume it would include waving armed illegals from another country through the border.

So he admits he knew and did nothing. Well, one up for an effective armed forces. What exactly does this bloke think his job is, if not to prevent a bunch of foreigners coming in and shooting thais?

As a soldier his duty is not limited to passing the info into the police.

Edited by Thai at Heart

And if they had to do an operation to say free some hostages or part of a peace keeping force in the UN in far flung parts of the world like they have before ?

Come on even you can see the sense in a special forces unit being able to cope with ... well special or extreme conditions and perform, or they arnt special forces.

It dosnt really do to say im not getting in that cold water and i suspect it was a shock to find out what real special forces have to go through. Im sure they are great lads all the same and no doubt tip top in the jungle.

Precisely. SD should be operate anywhere, any time, although obviously someone from a hot country would find the going hard in eg, Scandinavia. However, the UK SAS, after passing Selection, go straight to the jungles of Belize for further training (and weeding out), so I do think the Thai SF should have stuck it out. Surely it's a matter of pride not to quit? I did my Selection in Kenya on the equator at Nanyuki and in the bush in that area, having trained in freezing Wales, so quite a contrast, and passed.

This chap was a particularly nice guy. I live in a village in Nothaburi which is packed wih ex and current branches of the Thai forces and they are excellent to a man. Very friendly, always a nice word.

My landlord is a retired Air Marshall, there's also a retired vice admiral, as well as a colonel, plus a current colonel with excellent English (son of the older colonel) and a couple of retired police generals etc. No crime in my Moo-ban! smile.png

Edited by Mister Fixit

If anyone was wondering what the catalyst could be for thais to direct their hatred towards foreigners then this may be it.

I watch and wonder how so many people, in so many different threads, can infer such "hatred" towards "foreigners" as a single cohort.

If there is, indeed, some evidence that a specific group of foreigners were brought in by any particular "officials", then I would think that, first and foremost, any hatred felt by anyone would be towards those officials who misguidedly believed that they had the authority to involve outsiders in a Thai problem.

I very much doubt that if, for example, it was found that Cambodians were brought in, any right-minded people would immediately start hating all Cambodians, but simply those who were found to be fighting on Thai soil against Thai people...!!

I'm afraid that I'm rapidly losing confidence in these so-called "special forces" with their low temperature intolerance. What if some VIPs had been taken hostage in MBK, and MBK happened to have their air-con turned up too high? (as they sometimes DO, by the way) Are you telling me these guys would refuse the mission, with some excuse like, "I'm sorry, precious, we don't do COLD!"

That's it, you've hit the nail on the head. They must be saving on training costs, and now send their trainees into MBK in flip-flops, shorts and a T shirt and they're not allowed to leave for 8 hours.

Cold-weather training and they don't even have to leave the country. smile.png

Edited by Mister Fixit

This same senior officer had earlier - in a story published by The Nation earlier today - confirmed this with greater details that can be read on thaivisa's news stories page. In that story he revealed that Cambodians were being smuggled across for the purposes of dealing with the protesters. He also claims that this happened in 2009 and 2010, and wondered why the police hadn't done anything about it. As the Yingluck administration has already had conferences with media outlets today, with a warning not to provoke unrest - this kind of news story may very well disappear, as the Yingluck administration now takes aim at the free media in their effort for complete control of the narrative.

That's quite the Greek chorus regularly coming out at us from these posts. coffee1.gif

"the stance he has taken to side with the people instead of the government".

3 Thai Navy seals arrested by police with silencers on their firearms. These people weren't foreign forces but your very own siding with the anti government people.

• Like 2

Wonder how the SAS recuits in Wales would get on if they came here to train and were made to sit in the mess with everyone else and eat bowls and bowls of extra hot chillies three times a day. May be a few of them RTU'd too.

• Like 1

Cambodians brought to Thailand to deal with the red protesters in 2010, and the yellow protesters in 2014...

Well, it makes the things rather confusing laugh.png

Personally I would not attach too much importance to this "secret information" he was supposed to take with him to his grave...

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Read first !

He only claims that foreign forces have been brought in during the 2009 and 2010 protests.

This could also mean f.i. that they were brought in to violently disrupt the protests or even fight on the reds side against the army, who knows what is meant.

The only thing he says is, that foreign forces were brought in, the rest is speculation.

I have a friend in Sattahip who is a Thai navy seal. A more considerate and polite person you couldn't meet. These people train hard, often with U S navy seals and their loyalty to Thailand and the risks they take, even in training, should not be trivialised.

Well, I was in the UK SAS Reserves (23 Regt) for 5 years a very long time ago, and I know what the training is like. However, some years back I was teaching a corporate class near Don Muang for a Government-related body. One of my students was something big in security and an ex-commando with the Thai army.

He told me that quite some years ago 20 Thai commandos were sent to Hereford to train with the regular SAS (22 Regt). They were back in Thailand after a week. It was too cold for them. They were sent to the Brecons in Wales during winter, (standard place for training Brits) where they froze. They were supposed to jump into a lake in November in full kit and bergen (backpack) and stay in the water for 5 minutes. They refused and were RTU'd (Returned to Unit) ie, sent back to Thailand in disgrace.

So I have some scepticism about your claim that they are that good. They may be good in Thai terms, but not THAT good.

Nice story. Based on here say from someone talking on a "corporate" training day. So many ex SAS and other special forces choosing to retire to Thailand these days.

You may also know, that the regular SAS, indeed 22 Regt., have trained in Thailand with Thai special forces. I know that some UK special force soldiers were here engaged in training their Thai counterparts in the early years of this decade. The suggestion, based on one story, that Thai special forces are somewhat inferior conflicts with what I know form that time.

I'm surprised that an ex-UK serviceman, albeit territorial, would simply accept the word of someone on a story like this. A story that never emerged in Britain, AFAIK.

Thai Navy Seals train with US Navy Seals whose strive for excellence is well documented. I would have thought they might have shared some training with the British SBS rather than an army unit in the past. Just a thought.

Edited by Baerboxer

Thailands equivalent of Baghdad Bob!!

I can imagine his Courts Martial/Treason Trial would be something like this?

"So you saw with your very own eyes, 10 van loads of Cambodian sabateurs enter the Kingodm ?"

"yes sir" "with my eyes indeed, I an Navy SEAL, have good eyes"

"Yes, very good to see 10 vans and many Cambodians inside ?"

"But eyes not good to call someone to to warn them big trouble come to Thailand"?

"No have phone signal !!"

He's unfit to Command a fleet of Rubber ducks, never mind be the Commanding Officer of Thailands Naval Special Warfare unit,

He was derelicit in his duty, and failed to uphold his own country's oath of Allegiance!!

He should be stripped of his Command, and kicked out of the service, and if SEAL's are implicated,then the unit disbanded.

Amazing how you know all of this, for certain. Do the voices tell you anything else interesting too?

Wonder how the SAS recuits in Wales would get on if they came here to train and were made to sit in the mess with everyone else and eat bowls and bowls of extra hot chillies three times a day. May be a few of them RTU'd too.

They have been here training - not recruits but qualified special force soldiers. Jungle warfare, co-operation with Thai and Malaysian SFs. I heard it was very enjoyable - and the training worked very well, for all involved. That was about 10-14 years ago.

Not only did they enjoy the food and hospitality, but one or two found wives whistling.gif

• Like 1

3 Thai Navy seals arrested by police with silencers on their firearms. These people weren't foreign forces but your very own siding with the anti government people.

You choose to believe this rather than the official military explanation.

Why? Any evidence?

• Like 1

Additional to the report in the BP, Pol Lt.Col. Benjapol Rodsawat, Dep.Ch. of Sa Kaeo immi-police, stated .."more than 450 Cambodian Muslims passed through the border on Friday . up to 149 had also crossed the border from Saturday" That's around 600. Ten van loads?

They have been here training - not recruits but qualified special force soldiers. Jungle warfare, co-operation with Thai and Malaysian SFs. I heard it was very enjoyable - and the training worked very well, for all involved. That was about 10-14 years ago.

Not only did they enjoy the food and hospitality, but one or two found wives whistling.gif

One or two found wives? Wow...I wonder how that happened?!

OK...fun aside...the RTN seems to be in the news quite a lot

lately; Rohyngia's, unsuccessful covert ops in BKK, law suits.

Maybe the Admirals are tired of the Generals running the country

and they're gonna make a power grab....hmmmmmm.

Why? Any evidence?

Well knowing Thailand and it's senior officials and the extent of corruption then yes I would rather believe this.

Why? Any evidence?

The military discipline and training at the level of the Seals is very high. If they didn't want to be arrested, they wouldn't have been. Cool heads prevailed in my opinion on the part of the Seals.

They were there for a reason. You don't use elite troops for what should be mundane police work, something was up or they wouldn't have been there.

It's that pesky 3rd Hand again...

Thailands equivalent of Baghdad Bob!!

I can imagine his Courts Martial/Treason Trial would be something like this?

"So you saw with your very own eyes, 10 van loads of Cambodian sabateurs enter the Kingodm ?"

"yes sir" "with my eyes indeed, I an Navy SEAL, have good eyes"

"Yes, very good to see 10 vans and many Cambodians inside ?"

"But eyes not good to call someone to to warn them big trouble come to Thailand"?

"No have phone signal !!"

He's unfit to Command a fleet of Rubber ducks, never mind be the Commanding Officer of Thailands Naval Special Warfare unit,

He was derelicit in his duty, and failed to uphold his own country's oath of Allegiance!!

He should be stripped of his Command, and kicked out of the service, and if SEAL's are implicated,then the unit disbanded.

Amazing how you know all of this, for certain. Do the voices tell you anything else interesting too?

Where did I say I knew this was for certain? It's just my informal opinion, how's the voices in your head this morning?

1, He himself said he seen 10 Vanloads of Cambodians cross the border ?...

2. He failed to report this to a Higher Authority..as there's no Mention about him doing his duty in informing his Chain of Command?

3. Why did the SEAL's not interdict them?

4. Why did he not take the plate numbers and description of these vans ?

5. Why did he not pass that information to the Police to interdict them?

6. Why did he not then task survaillance on said 10 vans?

7. Why is he actually talking complete shyt and incriminating himself for doing NOTHING!! ?

The voices in my head are telling me to use applied logic.

If you believe that seeing an incursion of "suspicious" Cambodians into the country, and failing to go through the proper Procedures, and actually failing to DO something about it, isn't dereliction of duty, then that's your prerogative.

US Generals and British Officers (Senior level) have been relieved of their duties for similar in Afghanistan and Iraq.