26th Jan Alcohol Sales Ban

noikrit

Looks like 26th Jan has one of the usual NO ALCOHOL SALES day enforced , this time for pre Elections , whatever .. So anyone considering having a cold one for Australia Day, stock up early or simply go to your usual " under the counter" water holes ..... ENJOY !! thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Thanks for the info noikrit some people just don't understand what Australia Day is to Australians.

Yes I agree we are also having a BBQ and game of cricket on the beach, not the same without beer, thanks for the heads up

Will you be playing against any English?giggle.gifwhistling.gif

• Like 1

Thanks for the info noikrit some people just don't understand what Australia Day is to Australians.

Yes I agree we are also having a BBQ and game of cricket on the beach, not the same without beer, thanks for the heads up

Any Poms who want to turn up are most welcome, Hat Maerampung Beach look for the Aussie flag.

• Like 1

Let me take a wild guess. Does it involve beer, BBQs and the possibility of playing some cricket at all?

Also known as 'a normal weekend' smile.png

• Like 1

Yesterday I did a big shop, I wandered around Tops with my trolley.

Finally I got to the check-out and queued. When my goods were being scanned, the check-out girl pulled aside my one small bottle of overpriced Coopers Stout and said to me, "Is this a spirit?" I replied, "What time is it?" She said, "2:04." I sighed and rolled my eyes as she tucked the bottle under the counter to be replaced on the shelves.

sad.png

Moral of the story: pre-planning is essential.

Family Mart on Soi 4 sells our stuff 24/7...

No reason to get nervous or upset on this thread.

But do cover yourself and have a couple of whiskeys on the rocks at Hilary Bar. And dont bother me. The English speaking Filipina who lives at On Nut is calling my name.

Do your homework, gents! Pass the bottle...

Any Poms who want to turn up are most welcome, Hat Maerampung Beach look for the Aussie flag.

That's sort of appropriate isn't it, Australia Day being the day our forefathers declared that they'd just done a total takeover from the local inhabitants. Poor bluddy abos, never stood a chance.

Monday's the declared holiday, so we can always raise a glass in memory then.

Are the POMs still playing cricket?

Drinking ban for 1 day and it bothers you enough to post, lmfao. Are you an alcoholic or something? If so a day of the sauce will do you good coffee1.gif

Personally i couldn't care less cheesy.gif

For the alcoholic, it's a life-time commitment to stay off the sauce.

One Day at a Time

Well don't expect the Thais to, esp' when you're on their patch. Or do you think they should forego elections and sell alcohol just to keep some visitors from a place they don't know even exists happy to celebrate some arbitrary date when some English dude landed a ship there? giggle.gif

• Like 1

Drinking ban for 1 day and it bothers you enough to post, lmfao. Are you an alcoholic or something? If so a day of the sauce will do you good coffee1.gif

Personally i couldn't care less cheesy.gif

Well you are obviuosly patheticaly bored to have to respond then aren't you cheesy.gif ... And no I dont not drink everyday ... A lot of friends are having a get together on Sunday for a BBQ on the beach , some nice wine and some cold beer ... Have a nice Sunday on your keyboard !! cheesy.gifclap2.gif

And actually it's a day OFF the sauce. If it was a day of the sauce he'd be doing exactly what you're mocking him for not being able to.

Sorry to say but this is total Bulls..t. I have two restaurants in Hua Hin an nobody have gave me any papers about the ban. There was also a topic some months ago when this royal monk died here. Alcohol ban for five days or somethning??? Nothing to do with the trueth. However our restaurants are open tomorrow and we WILL serve alcohol.