NACC set to charge PM Yingluck over rice scheme after election

webfact

shows that YL is history..Thasin already has her replacement ready in C Mai

And what a replacement!!w00t.gif

Ms Bulldozer Shinawatra and her ricetrading-company are the ones, who have made the most billions off the

rice-scam!!coffee1.gif

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It would indeed seem as if there may be an urgent necessity for a one way to Dubai the way things are going.

Indeed the puppet master has sold his sister ''down the river'' in no uncertain manner

devil-and-businessman-184x184.jpg

They say "a picture speaks a thousand words", so I could not resist this one...

post-25708-0-86245400-1390458020_thumb.j

• Like 1

AFTER the Election ???????????????? ...... whistling.gif

Yeah, that surprises me too.

I fully expected this initiative by the anti-democrats to be used to assist them in their objective of nullifying and/or diluting of democracy to their advantage. At the very least, to use it as a cornerstone for the coup-mongers in their quest to eliminate this elected Govt. and the elections they cannot win. Using the military wont fly Internationally, so this user-friendly Judiciary is much better cover. That was probably their intention when submitting this thing to the NACC originally.

Perhaps this after-the election thing may also be simply a realization that attempts to delay or cancel the elections is not in the cards, and they are preparing initiatives to be taken afterwards. That may answer the question posed in the above quote.

Agree or not, the electoral majority of the UDD/RS/PTP see this NACC and CC as simply an extension of these anti-Democrats. Trying to characterize them as judicial normalcy by the Elite only speaks to that side of the political divide and serves their purposes very clearly....The UDD/RS/PTP will point out a litany of historical facts to support their view, if asked.

• Like 1

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

yes no doubt about it she will be swept back into power with a possible bigger majority than before. 2 times now the red shirts have seen their votes discarded now they are really hacked off. Take it your not living in Isaan or you would know this.
You take it wrong sir, I do but not in a red willage. I my willage i notice a distrust of PTP.

So another one who comments and comments on everything as if an authority, but lives out in the boon docks and follows everything by ASTV and Blue Sky. Explains a lot how you continue to miss the prevailing sentiment of Thai people.

I also live in Min Buri Bangkok. Were do you live yourself?

I live on Sukhumvit 49 and work in Sathorn and Chidlom, passing through Asok 'protest' area twice daily.

It would indeed seem as if there may be an urgent necessity for a one way to Dubai the way things are going.

Indeed the puppet master has sold his sister ''down the river'' in no uncertain manner

devil-and-businessman-184x184.jpg

They say "a picture speaks a thousand words", so I could not resist this one...

attachicon.giftandy.jpg

Your got your wifes view on this yet?

Being charged over her complicity in the rice scheme corruption will be the least of her worries. With the precedent clearly set(by her own govt) to charge sitting PMs for premeditated murder in a personal capacity for any deaths caused by state officials during riots or civil unrest, she will have 9 premeditated murder charges to deal with first. She will not get out of prison until she is about 360 years old so will be in no fit state to stand trial for policy corruption at that age.

If she is charged, she should just follow coward Suthep's lead an start a protest group to avoid it like him. Suthep has managed to cause problems for the people of BKK with his 20 supporters, just imagine what YS could not with 15 million.

Why do people still go on about numbers on the streets be they red or yellow? It is pretty obvious that events have gone beyond the street protester numbers and has taken on a life of its own with variuous Judicial agencies lining up to charge PTP MP's with graft and corruption.

Even if yingluck tried to say she put someone else in charge she should still be charged as head of the party and PM. IT would seem coward Suthep is not as cowardly as Thaksin, is Suthep running away?

• Like 1

Won't she be able to claim parliamentary immunity?

If so, couldn't Suthep/Abhisit . . . ? It's got to run both ways . . .

Suthep and Abhisit won't be MPs.

yeah of course Suthep is bowing out of politics after this. Did you really come down with the last shower. Do you really really honestly believe that?

Maybe a veiled threat not to run?

Yes. An inappropriate statement from the NACC. If there is evidence, then lay the charges. The NACC is saying, we don't have sufficient evidence at this time, but we're pretty sure we'll have something in a month or so. Sit back and consider the implications of such a position. It's just not done and lays the basis for a dismissal of the charges or long delays as it is argued whether the statement prejudiced the process. How much do you want to bet that the person making this statement did not clear it with legal counsel first?

Spot on!!thumbsup.gif

The wind has changed direction, and suddenly the NACC has detected corruption within the the rice-scheme? Ofcourse not! They are just trying to save their place at the trough!!

Same can be said about the EC!

On the other hand, as chairwoman for the rice-committee, it might be a good idea to attend a meeting or two!coffee1.gif

NACC set to charge PM over rice scheme after election

BANGKOK, 23 January 2014 (NNT) - The National Anti-Corruption Commission has said charges over the controversial rice-pledging scheme are expected to be laid against Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra after the February 2 general election.

The NACC made known that it needed more evidence before it could charge Ms Yingluck over her mishandling of the scheme.

clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif 3 years too late and totally ignored, don't give me that nonsense with "Finding evidence", National Anti-Corruption Commission cheesy.gif cheesy.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif lap dog of Thaksin

Won't she be able to claim parliamentary immunity?

If so, couldn't Suthep/Abhisit . . . ? It's got to run both ways . . .

Ah yes, I see what you mean. But this is yet another of those long overdue reforms that are needed.

yeah of course Suthep is bowing out of politics after this. Did you really come down with the last shower. Do you really really honestly believe that?

Care to explain how they will be MPs if they're not standing in the election?

Being charged over her complicity in the rice scheme corruption will be the least of her worries. With the precedent clearly set(by her own govt) to charge sitting PMs for premeditated murder in a personal capacity for any deaths caused by state officials during riots or civil unrest, she will have 9 premeditated murder charges to deal with first. She will not get out of prison until she is about 360 years old so will be in no fit state to stand trial for policy corruption at that age.

If she is charged, she should just follow coward Suthep's lead an start a protest group to avoid it like him. Suthep has managed to cause problems for the people of BKK with his 20 supporters, just imagine what YS could not with 15 million.

If Suthep is the coward, why did PTP try to bring in an amnesty bill to clear him of what he's been accused of? Not Suthep's bill, but PTP. Surely, trying to whitewash yourself from crime is the cowardly act.

And calling Suthep (who I can't stand btw) a coward is laughable when compared with Thaksin. Not exactly facing up to his crimes is he?

• Like 2

If Suthep is the coward, why did PTP try to bring in an amnesty bill to clear him of what he's been accused of? Not Suthep's bill, but PTP. Surely, trying to whitewash yourself from crime is the cowardly act.

And calling Suthep (who I can't stand btw) a coward is laughable when compared with Thaksin. Not exactly facing up to his crimes is he?

I am not saying TS is anything but a coward, but Suthep and everybody else knows full well that wealthy and influential politicians do not go to prison in Thailand or be found guilty. Period. Why would Suthep leave the country , he knows he has nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

Get your facts right. 9 people haven't been killed by state officials and unlike Abhisit and Suthep she hasn't ordered an army crackdown with live fire that resulted in scores of deaths.

Maybe that's because these protesters aren't using M79 grenade launchers and automatic weapons? They certainly didn't authorise a lethal war on drugs, either. Keep it in perspective.

Edited by Crushdepth
  • Like 1

Get your facts right. 9 people haven't been killed by state officials and unlike Abhisit and Suthep she hasn't ordered an army crackdown with live fire that resulted in scores of deaths.

Maybe that's because these protesters aren't using M79 grenade launchers and automatic weapons? They certainly didn't authorise a lethal war on drugs, either. Keep it in perspective.

But they did approve tow immigrants out to sea to starve to death.

If she is charged, she should just follow coward Suthep's lead and start a protest group to avoid it like him.

Being a clone, she will absolutely follow her like-a-father-but-really-just-a-brother's lead and become yet another convicted fugitive Ex-Prime Minister, same as him.

In a normal world, this avalanche of court proceedings would be enough to bring any administration down. But we have a Pheu Thai administration that does not recognize any court verdict anywhere that they do not agree with. They have an illegal emergency decree in place, something which can never be enacted by a caretaker administration - and are now hurtling towards a constitutional crisis in the form of a quorum-less parliament. So what can they do ? Well, what they're doing is dismantling the media in order to stack the deck in their favour as much as they can. One thing is emerging as clearer, though, in this whole mess. This administration will come to an end - not from the army, not from the streets, not from the media, and not through public opinion. The courts will have the final say. And there are so many impeachment infractions in play that it seems almost moot what will deliver the final blow. The army - if it plays any role at all - might be to ensure that the will of the courts prevail, if the administration appears resistant to their verdict. Such resistance one can all be certain.

Call me old fashioned, but in most countries you need something called evidence before 'bring any administration down'.

So fare we have heard lots of talking but no facts.

Perhaps, but it is more likely the navy made that little gem of a decision by themselves.

Anyway, the point was the apparent hypocrisy of condemning one side for 90 deaths (some of which were actually soldiers killed by protesters) as an argument to support another that killed 2,500+ people through government sanctioned extra-judicial killings.

Yep, that's rational.

Go ahead with the February 2 elections, Yingluck. Your days are numbered anyway. You can be the democratically elected PM until they throw you in jail.

since when did millionaires go to jail here, the Red Bull kid is still running around free. They dont and she will not.

Difficult to deny billionaires like Yingluck would actually face jail. For example, her billionaire sister-in-law Potjaman never spent a day in jail for three years after having been found guilty and sentenced to prison.

It seems they, the NACC, are going to charge her for "mismanagement", not corruption as such. In fact she has never been accused or charged with corruption, just baseless accusations from a bunch of uneducated middle class thugs on the street. So the NACC is now a court for mismanagement cases, oh dear they will be busy in Thailand won't they.

I am not saying TS is anything but a coward, but Suthep and everybody else knows full well that wealthy and influential politicians do not go to prison in Thailand or be found guilty. Period. Why would Suthep leave the country , he knows he has nothing to worry about.

How come Thaksin was found guilty and sentenced to jail then? The government of the day was PPP and led by his brother in law Somchai. Withall that power behind him there is no way that Thaksin as wealthy and influential as he was could EVER be found guilty.

But he was and fled the country so as not to face the next set of charges against him. Meanwhile Abhisit are facing murder charges and yet are still in Thailand.

Who is the coward here?

How come Thaksin was found guilty and sentenced to jail then? The government of the day was PPP and led by his brother in law Somchai. Withall that power behind him there is no way that Thaksin as wealthy and influential as he was could EVER be found guilty.

But he was and fled the country so as not to face the next set of charges against him. Meanwhile Abhisit are facing murder charges and yet are still in Thailand.

Who is the coward here?

Do you have reading difficulties? Maybe the very first sentence in my post answers your last question.

I think your whole post does a better job of enforcing my point than i could write.

Starting with Thaksin's first of three proxies, Samak and continuing on through the third, Yingluck.

Edited by tsnyder

Get your facts right.

Abhisit and Suthep gave orders (ROE) when the army was sent out to move the protesters. I would assume the army were involved in drawing them up. In the cases so far investigated the army have been held responsible for those deaths and their actions (shooting people in the back and when not posing a threat) were not authorised under those ROE. That so far makes the army responsible but the PTP who promised justice for those killed in 2010 haven't done anything to hold the army to account and in fact Tarit of the DSI said they wouldn't be investigated.

I haven't seen anything about the investigations into those deaths for a long time. Does anyone know what's happening now?