NACC set to charge PM Yingluck over rice scheme after election

webfact

Well that's not quite true either. What the OP said was that the NACC needed more evidence. That is not the same as more evidence is being gathered. If no more evidence can be gathered the "case" will collapse.

So let's wait and see if more evidence is gathered as obviously they do not have enough to do so now. Hence the "after the election quote" is quite significant.

I suspect the dems are all over themselves at the moment scrabbling for bits of dirt to throw in the hope that something sticks, their usual M.O.

Change your bait fabio, you don't seem to be getting too many bites. Usually means your bait is tired, stale and worn out. whistling.gif

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I disagree. If there is a new election then there is a new administration and YS will be ineligible until the party list is finalised

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

There is no "new administration" until a PM is elected. Once they have 95% of MPs (which they won't if the party list isn't finalised, regardless of the vacant constituencies), they elect a PM, and then the PM forms a new administration.

So if you're right (wouldn't surprise me) and say the Rak Soapies boy Mr. Chewit wins by a landslide then he doesn't get to form a government and Thailand continues to be governed by a neutered Thaksin caretaker government who aren't even MPs?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Your forgetting all the court cases she must face, and ny one of them can ban her from politics and maybe even jail like her brother

And what would be interesting - imagine a case is very solid but decision not yet handed down, she asks for permission to leave Thailand to attend something, it's granted, and you guess the rest.

I understand why on the Pheu Thai election posters I see, the photo of Ms. Yingluck in the left upper corner is from two-and-a-half-year ago rolleyes.gif

Why is that then rubl? Oh, was it another attempt at sarcasm? I wondered if you were alluding to her appearance now as opposed to two and a half years ago so in the interest of balance I thought I'd better check out what the election poster portrait of your sainted abhisit looked like.

Trouble was, I couldn't find one? huh.png

I understand why on the Pheu Thai election posters I see, the photo of Ms. Yingluck in the left upper corner is from two-and-a-half-year ago rolleyes.gif

Why is that then rubl? Oh, was it another attempt at sarcasm? I wondered if you were alluding to her appearance now as opposed to two and a half years ago so in the interest of balance I thought I'd better check out what the election poster portrait of your sainted abhisit looked like.

Come on keep up he doesn't need one. smile.png

I think there are some later pictures of Yingluck on some posters I've seen. She does seem to have put on a bit of weight but it may just be the one picture. Not that it makes a difference of course.

"... Ms Yingluck already faces intense pressure to resign from the People’s Democratic Reform Committee and rice growers in northeastern provinces." I didn't know she was on the committee, or involved in actually growing rice.

Walk into a major library and look around. There will be thousands of books filled with things that you don't know.

Give him a break, it wasn't a bad attempt at humour.

We all know that the charges against Suthep and Abhisit are only there to try and force their hands into accepting the amnesty deal.

But both of them have more decency and balls than the whole PTP mafia put together, and they didnt run like the whiney little spoiled child Thaksin is...

'we'? You might believe that, not me, I know they're guilty as sin and should hang for their crimes.

• Like 1

We all know that the charges against Suthep and Abhisit are only there to try and force their hands into accepting the amnesty deal.

But both of them have more decency and balls than the whole PTP mafia put together, and they didnt run like the whiney little spoiled child Thaksin is...

'we'? You might believe that, not me, I know they're guilty as sin and should hang for their crimes.

I'm just wondering why the army were taking orders from civilians?

• Like 1

I think there are some later pictures of Yingluck on some posters I've seen. She does seem to have put on a bit of weight but it may just be the one picture. Not that it makes a difference of course.

Come on keep up he doesn't need one

Er, that was the point. You see, there is sarcasm and then there's irony. There is a difference.

• Like 1

Well maybe you could give us your reasons for that assumption. Before you do you should check out the ROE the army was under at the time and the results of the investigations so far on those killed in 2010 and see if you can spot the problems with the army's actions.

• Like 1

Well maybe you could give us your reasons for that assumption. Before you do you should check out the ROE the army was under at the time and the results of the investigations so far on those killed in 2010 and see if you can spot the problems with the army's actions.

He's due to face a court on murder charges. He's so far managed to avoid facing the court and the evidence. Perhaps when you've got a better grasp of the evidence against him, you'll change your tune.

He's due to face a court on murder charges. He's so far managed to avoid facing the court and the evidence. Perhaps when you've got a better grasp of the evidence against him, you'll change your tune.

Evidence? Do you know they've been charged as civilians? Maybe there is evidence of the military taking orders from civilians, but somehow I doubt it.

I prefer her image depicted on election posters last year for Bangkok governor.

It displays a Yingluck of 25 years ago.

post-198911-0-04607400-1390493442_thumb.

Btw, Her guy on the right, Pongsapat, lost.

Edited by tsnyder

He's due to face charges and as far as Abhisit is concerned he hasn't avoided evidence at all as the trial hasn't started yet. Suthep is only causing problems because he's leading a protest but his trial hasn't started either.

So your reasons for knowing they are guilty as sin so far are: He's due to face a court on murder charges. He's so far managed to avoid facing the court and the evidence.

I think you'll have to do better than that.

How about giving us this evidence that you presumably have a grasp of. I know what I've found out but if you've got anything else I'd be pleased to see it and if it makes me change my tune I'll certainly let you know.

I've mentioned the reasons why I think that the evidence so far points to the army being guilty and not Abhisit and Suthep (who by the way I don't like) many times on this forum and as far as I'm aware nobody has ever questioned what I've said. You're the first but you haven't backed it up yet.

• Like 2

shows that YL is history..Thasin already has her replacement ready in C Mai

Is he looking for a larger mansion in Dubai to accommodate Poo and her son?

Is her husband not welcome in Dubai by his brother-in-law to join his wife and son there?

He's due to face charges and as far as Abhisit is concerned he hasn't avoided evidence at all as the trial hasn't started yet. Suthep is only causing problems because he's leading a protest but his trial hasn't started either.

So your reasons for knowing they are guilty as sin so far are: He's due to face a court on murder charges. He's so far managed to avoid facing the court and the evidence.

How about giving us this evidence that you presumably have a grasp of. I know what I've found out but if you've got anything else I'd be pleased to see it and if it makes me change my tune I'll certainly let you know.

I've mentioned the reasons why I think that the evidence so far points to the army being guilty and not Abhisit and Suthep (who by the way I don't like) many times on this forum and as far as I'm aware nobody has ever questioned what I've said. You're the first but you haven't backed it up yet.

You are entitled to your opinion, and entitled to try to defend Suthep if you wish. I want him to face his murder charges and would like to see the maximum sentence possible.

You are entitled to your opinion, and entitled to try to defend Suthep if you wish. I want him to face his murder charges and would like to see the maximum sentence possible.

You'll have to take a number as the queue for those wanting that of Thaksin is much longer and have been waiting for a much longer period of time.

• Like 1

"The National Anti-Corruption Commission has said charges over the controversial rice-pledging scheme are expected to be laid against Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra after the February 2 general election."

This is utterly ridiculous.

After ?

Well, if they need more time then she should obviously not be allowed to run for office.

Other option, change the date already. wai.gif

Might that be because a democratic party doesn't need a dummy figurehead ?

• Like 1

Now let's hope the Pheu Thai will not get into a new government to push through that blanket amnesty bill again rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

For your information k. Suthep as well as k. Abhisit already went to court to acknowledge 'pre-meditated' murder charges at least twice and Abhisit thrice. The court cases have not progressed beyond that, just like those against the UDD leaders.

Come on keep up he doesn't need one

Er, that was the point. You see, there is sarcasm and then there's irony. There is a difference.

And then there's democracy which doesn't need it. Election Posters in the Netherlands used to have the party list number and the party name and hardly anything else. A bit dull really wink.png

Being charged over her complicity in the rice scheme corruption will be the least of her worries. With the precedent clearly set(by her own govt) to charge sitting PMs for premeditated murder in a personal capacity for any deaths caused by state officials during riots or civil unrest, she will have 9 premeditated murder charges to deal with first. She will not get out of prison until she is about 360 years old so will be in no fit state to stand trial for policy corruption at that age.

If she is charged, she should just follow coward Suthep's lead an start a protest group to avoid it like him. Suthep has managed to cause problems for the people of BKK with his 20 supporters, just imagine what YS could not with 15 million.

Think that 15M has been greatly reduced and even more so now that she looks like falling by the way-side, of course the fugitive may be able to give some good pointers - like more lies and more cheating and don't worry about the people just look after yourself.

Being charged over her complicity in the rice scheme corruption will be the least of her worries. With the precedent clearly set(by her own govt) to charge sitting PMs for premeditated murder in a personal capacity for any deaths caused by state officials during riots or civil unrest, she will have 9 premeditated murder charges to deal with first. She will not get out of prison until she is about 360 years old so will be in no fit state to stand trial for policy corruption at that age.

If she is charged, she should just follow coward Suthep's lead an start a protest group to avoid it like him. Suthep has managed to cause problems for the people of BKK with his 20 supporters, just imagine what YS could not with 15 million.

If Suthep is the coward, why did PTP try to bring in an amnesty bill to clear him of what he's been accused of? Not Suthep's bill, but PTP. Surely, trying to whitewash yourself from crime is the cowardly act.

And calling Suthep (who I can't stand btw) a coward is laughable when compared with Thaksin. Not exactly facing up to his crimes is he?

I am not saying TS is anything but a coward, but Suthep and everybody else knows full well that wealthy and influential politicians do not go to prison in Thailand or be found guilty. Period. Why would Suthep leave the country , he knows he has nothing to worry about.

So if wealthy and influential don't go to prison why then did the almighty saviour and fugitive from justice beat such a hasty retreat from Thailand - I'm sure you well know the one in question?

• Like 1

Get your facts right. 9 people haven't been killed by state officials and unlike Abhisit and Suthep she hasn't ordered an army crackdown with live fire that resulted in scores of deaths.

Maybe that's because these protesters aren't using M79 grenade launchers and automatic weapons? They certainly didn't authorise a lethal war on drugs, either. Keep it in perspective.

Sorry, please don't cloud the issue with facts, it confuses too many people, especially those who only see through red tinted glasses.

• Like 2

And exactly do you "KNOW" they are guilty as sin? Do have a crystal ball or a fortune teller in yourback pocket?

Have YOU already applied the fix that finds them guilty or are you talking rubbish once again.

Remember everyone is innocent until proven guilty in court.

Even Thaksin though he WAS proved guilty and then ran away.

Show us all this evidence if you can?

Of course if you cannot then please say it is just your opinion or just be quiet.

• Like 1

Are you saying that Yingluck and her government should have been left to carry on with what they were doing? I'm no expert, but it sure seems like she was setting Thailand up for some huge problems down the road, on top of the immediate problems she created with all her populist policies. She was very clearly nothing more that a puppet for her big brother, and many feel that her big brother financially raped the country. I really don't understand how you can call Suthep a coward. Even if we don't agree with all his tactics, at least he has the balls to do something about trying to rid the country of the Shinawatras.

Edited by Brevity
  • Like 2

Well that would only happen if she did what the last government allegedly did, But so far she has ordered the police not to be confrontational, Quite unlike the previous government, Nor has she issued orders to use any force necessary to brake up the protests and riots,

I know it's hard for you to see the different but just give it a try huhwhistling.gif