NACC set to charge PM Yingluck over rice scheme after election

webfact

Being charged over her complicity in the rice scheme corruption will be the least of her worries. With the precedent clearly set(by her own govt) to charge sitting PMs for premeditated murder in a personal capacity for any deaths caused by state officials during riots or civil unrest, she will have 9 premeditated murder charges to deal with first. She will not get out of prison until she is about 360 years old so will be in no fit state to stand trial for policy corruption at that age.

If she is charged, she should just follow coward Suthep's lead an start a protest group to avoid it like him. Suthep has managed to cause problems for the people of BKK with his 20 supporters, just imagine what YS could not with 15 million.

Do you think the rice farmers and theirs families, whom hasn't got paid will walk with her? Keep on dreaming.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

yes no doubt about it she will be swept back into power with a possible bigger majority than before. 2 times now the red shirts have seen their votes discarded now they are really hacked off. Take it your not living in Isaan or you would know this.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Being charged over her complicity in the rice scheme corruption will be the least of her worries. With the precedent clearly set(by her own govt) to charge sitting PMs for premeditated murder in a personal capacity for any deaths caused by state officials during riots or civil unrest, she will have 9 premeditated murder charges to deal with first. She will not get out of prison until she is about 360 years old so will be in no fit state to stand trial for policy corruption at that age.

If she is charged, she should just follow coward Suthep's lead an start a protest group to avoid it like him. Suthep has managed to cause problems for the people of BKK with his 20 supporters, just imagine what YS could not with 15 million.

If Suthep is guilty of what your opinion says

then lets hope a new governemt will but them both on trial

and if one of them gets off, will you report to the police for written Libel

What are you talking about? libel?

Yingluck will still be care-taker PM, until such time as enough seats are filled, parliament can be convened, and a new PM elected.

I don't think so.....

Until the party list votes are added up and finalised I don't see any party list seats being filled.

It wouldn't be constitutional to put some in and leave others out

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

As I said, Yingluck will still be care-taker until enough seats (95% of all seats - constituency and party list) are filled. If they can't fill the required number of seats, a new PM can not be elected, and Yingluck remains care-taker PM. By-elections will be run to fill any seats for constituencies that didn't elect an MP.

In the last election, the party list votes were counted at the same time as the constituency votes, and pretty much declared within the next few days. Parliament needs to convene within about 30 days of the election.

What I'm not sure of with regard to party list votes is what happens in the constituencies where there are no candidates registered. Do people still go and do their party list vote?

AFTER the Election ???????????????? ...... whistling.gif

I did think on reading the title "Why not now". However reading the OP it suggest evidence is still being gathered.

Well that's not quite true either. What the OP said was that the NACC needed more evidence. That is not the same as more evidence is being gathered. If no more evidence can be gathered the "case" will collapse.

So let's wait and see if more evidence is gathered as obviously they do not have enough to do so now. Hence the "after the election quote" is quite significant.

I suspect the dems are all over themselves at the moment scrabbling for bits of dirt to throw in the hope that something sticks, their usual M.O.

Saddly most of you miss the points

the 1st part is happening now protests in the street to delay an election to get a GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARD FOR TAKSIN

the second part starts later when it all spends 6 months in the Thai courts

This was illegally done

That was illegally done

Yingluk is 75% odds to win at an election

Yingluk is 90% odds to be thrown out when this all gets into the courts

Remember the poor in Issan

Remember the Rice Farmers who are not being paid

sad you have forgotten them

alot of Thai money with be spent on court action and the rich will get richer and the poor

again do not matter

But at least will give the Red shirt lovers some thing to post about

My opinion, my prediction, lets see what happens

Yingluck will still be care-taker PM, until such time as enough seats are filled, parliament can be convened, and a new PM elected.

I don't think so.....

Until the party list votes are added up and finalised I don't see any party list seats being filled.

It wouldn't be constitutional to put some in and leave others out

As I said, Yingluck will still be care-taker until enough seats (95% of all seats - constituency and party list) are filled. If they can't fill the required number of seats, a new PM can not be elected, and Yingluck remains care-taker PM. By-elections will be run to fill any seats for constituencies that didn't elect an MP.

In the last election, the party list votes were counted at the same time as the constituency votes, and pretty much declared within the next few days. Parliament needs to convene within about 30 days of the election.

What I'm not sure of with regard to party list votes is what happens in the constituencies where there are no candidates registered. Do people still go and do their party list vote?

Yingluck can't stay as PM as it will be a new administration

If the party candidates could not register then there can't be a poll in that constutuency

Suthep and Abhisit won't be MPs.

yeah of course Suthep is bowing out of politics after this. Did you really come down with the last shower. Do you really really honestly believe that?

Care to explain how they will be MPs if they're not standing in the election?

I thought that but wouldn't they still be party list MPs. I don't know about Suthep as he's left the party but maybe he can be brought back in. I don't know enough about Thai parliamentary procedure.

Of course it's always possible that Suthep may not want to go back. I don't suppose he needs to. He could just as easily not go back and just comment from the sidelines. I'm sure if he did reporters would print it particularly if it were inflammatory.

They are no longer party list MPs as parliament has been dissolved. The Democrats haven't registered for the election, so there will be no new Democrat party list MPs.

Does that therefore mean that the PM is no longer an MP and therefore cannot be PM?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Assuming the election goes ahead and there are enough seats then she will be a party list MP as before so can be elected as PM.

If the party candidates could not register then there can't be a poll in that constutuency

It will be a new administration with Yingluck elected as PM. If parliament can't be convened, there will be no new administration, and the current care-taker administration will continue.

Party list MPs are registered in Bangkok for all of Thailand. At the moment there are 53 registered parties. If there are no constituency candidates registered, there still should be a poll for the party list vote. If there is no poll in a constituency, then people are not given their right to vote for the party list vote. They can still vote for their constituency MP in a by-election, but party list votes aren't done in the by-election.

Thinking about it now, I would assume if they don't get to vote at all, then the party list vote would probably also be held in the by-election. This would mean that the party list results can't be finalised until all by-elections have been completed.

It will be a new administration with Yingluck elected as PM. If parliament can't be convened, there will be no new administration, and the current care-taker administration will continue.

Party list MPs are registered in Bangkok for all of Thailand. At the moment there are 53 registered parties. If there are no constituency candidates registered, there still should be a poll for the party list vote. If there is no poll in a constituency, then people are not given their right to vote for the party list vote. They can still vote for their constituency MP in a by-election, but party list votes aren't done in the by-election.

Thinking about it now, I would assume if they don't get to vote at all, then the party list vote would probably also be held in the by-election. This would mean that the party list results can't be finalised until all by-elections have been completed.

I disagree. If there is a new election then there is a new administration and YS will be ineligible until the party list is finalised

Well, like Melyn I think that PTP has made a big mistake.

The party list MPs cannot be drawn until the national vote is complete.

I'm pretty sure that disqualifies Yingluck as PM

If the party list MPs cannot be drawn then they won't have their 95% of MPs, which means that they can't elect a PM, which means that Yingluck will still be care-taker PM.

I disagree. If there is a new election then there is a new administration and YS will be ineligible until the party list is finalised

There is no "new administration" until a PM is elected. Once they have 95% of MPs (which they won't if the party list isn't finalised, regardless of the vacant constituencies), they elect a PM, and then the PM forms a new administration.

We all know that the charges against Suthep and Abhisit are only there to try and force their hands into accepting the amnesty deal.

But both of them have more decency and balls than the whole PTP mafia put together, and they didnt run like the whiney little spoiled child Thaksin is...

Yingluck will do the same, she will run for the desert the first sign of any charges sticking, crying into her Guchi hankies and sobbing how unfairly she was treated... whilst her bank account is stuffed full of Thai Tax Payers money skimmed off the Rice pledging scam.

Bye Bye YL and TS, Som nam naa

Edited by MunterHunter
  • Like 1

"... Ms Yingluck already faces intense pressure to resign from the People’s Democratic Reform Committee and rice growers in northeastern provinces." I didn't know she was on the committee, or involved in actually growing rice.

She heads up the committee but has never attended a meeting

"... Ms Yingluck already faces intense pressure to resign from the People’s Democratic Reform Committee and rice growers in northeastern provinces." I didn't know she was on the committee, or involved in actually growing rice.

Walk into a major library and look around. There will be thousands of books filled with things that you don't know.

There is no "new administration" until a PM is elected. Once they have 95% of MPs (which they won't if the party list isn't finalised, regardless of the vacant constituencies), they elect a PM, and then the PM forms a new administration.

So if you're right (wouldn't surprise me) and say the Rak Soapies boy Mr. Chewit wins by a landslide then he doesn't get to form a government and Thailand continues to be governed by a neutered Thaksin caretaker government who aren't even MPs?

Do you even understand the politics behind all this? It doesn't seem so from your simple message. You're probably just annoyed you can't drive you car to the shops easily. Boo Hoo.

So if you're right (wouldn't surprise me) and say the Rak Soapies boy Mr. Chewit wins by a landslide then he doesn't get to form a government and Thailand continues to be governed by a neutered Thaksin caretaker government who aren't even MPs?

That's what I understand.

Sent from my phone ...

I understand why on the Pheu Thai election posters I see, the photo of Ms. Yingluck in the left upper corner is from two-and-a-half-year ago rolleyes.gif

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

It would be most ironic if the NACC is able to add proven blatant vote-buying to the charges against her after the election, especially when the main opposition party is not even participating! Given the stupidity of some of their recent moves, I wouldn't put it past PTP to get caught doing it.

Your forgetting all the court cases she must face, and ny one of them can ban her from politics and maybe even jail like her brother

Get your facts right. 9 people haven't been killed by state officials and unlike Abhisit and Suthep she hasn't ordered an army crackdown with live fire that resulted in scores of deaths.

Don't you find it quite ironic posting guff like that and using the term 'get your facts right' as the opening one liner? rolleyes.gif

Why AFTER the election? Will it make a difference in their decision?

Well after the election she will be an MP on the winning side or the losing side and as such she will be immune to prosecution, much nicer to not have the embarrassing situation of actually having to really prosecute the elite.

It's been discussed many times, the charges against Suthep were invented for the purpose of soliciting his (and Abhisit's) co-operation with the amnesty bill.

If he was wrong in ordering the use of force against the red shirts, then as the order was made in an official capacity, it is the NACC's role to press charges which is the pathway PTP sought in the first place but the NACC refused to press charges, so instead they invented a phoney murder charge so that the DSI could pursue the matter instead. Besides, if a murder charge were possible for deaths caused by orders made in an official capacity then Thaksin would face thousands of murder charges for the war on drugs.

NACC set to charge PM over rice scheme after election

BANGKOK, 23 January 2014 (NNT) - The National Anti-Corruption Commission has said charges over the controversial rice-pledging scheme are expected to be laid against Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra after the February 2 general election.

The NACC made known that it needed more evidence before it could charge Ms Yingluck over her mishandling of the scheme.

clap2.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif 3 years too late and totally ignored, don't give me that nonsense with "Finding evidence", National Anti-Corruption Commission cheesy.gif cheesy.gif clap2.gif clap2.gif lap dog of Thaksin

As long as Dr. Thaksin was solidly in power the NACC did not dare to act against his party. Now that the puppet government is dissolved and has been ruled against by several courts already and Suthep and his protesters support them, they are finally doing their duty. Too bad they waited until Thaksin and his cronies have ripped the taxpayers off to the tune of a trillion Baht. So called independen institutions in Thailand are not so independent in the face of raw power.

It would be most ironic if the NACC is able to add proven blatant vote-buying to the charges against her after the election, especially when the main opposition party is not even participating! Given the stupidity of some of their recent moves, I wouldn't put it past PTP to get caught doing it.

Considering that one of the previous bannings of a Thaksin party was for paying smaller parties to run against them to legitimize the snap election when the Democrats choosed to boycott it, no, I wouldn't put it past them to be up to electoral fraud again in similar circumstances neither.