Major Cineplex

MickeyMaow

I noticed this week that the Airport major and Central Festival Major Cineplex are not showing the same movies. For Example 12 Years A Slave is not been shown at the airport and is been shown at Central Festival.

For people live nearer the airport or just prefer the airport, this is a load of crap.

The only English language film at KSK is the 1630 showing of 47Ronin.

AP has four screens devoted to Frankenstein, two in 3D

And the best movie around at the moment, The Wolf of Wall St is only being shown in AP at 2030!!

That's a shame I was looking forward to seeing The Wolf of Wall St you'd think a Scorsese film would get a wider showing than that!

And the best movie around at the moment, The Wolf of Wall St is only being shown in AP at 2030!!

That's a shame I was looking forward to seeing The Wolf of Wall St you'd think a Scorsese film would get a wider showing than that!

If it gets a big audience, there's a chance they will move it.

I don't think they ever showed Lincoln, but I might be wrong.

Kung <deleted> Panda 1 & 2 were popular!

If it gets a big audience, there's a chance they will move it.

I don't think they ever showed Lincoln, but I might be wrong.

Kung <deleted> Panda 1 & 2 were popular!

The Wolf of Wall Street is not scheduled to be screened until 30th of January. AP sometimes have "pre-premiere" showings of movies in the week/weeks before the official premiere, but then it's always only one daily showing in the evening. Wait until after 30th of January, and there will be more than one daily screening.

Sophon

• Like 2

You are in luck it is at the Maya.thumbsup.gif

Nah, Maya is an SFX cinema. If it's anything like the one over at the promenada I will give it a miss.

I still haven't been to Central festival yet, I guess I'll have to go to it to see 12 years a slave.

I've heard wolf of wall street is a big let down. 3 hours long totally drawn out.

You are in luck it is at the Maya.thumbsup.gif

Nah, Maya is an SFX cinema. If it's anything like the one over at the promenada I will give it a miss.

I still haven't been to Central festival yet, I guess I'll have to go to it to see 12 years a slave.

I've heard wolf of wall street is a big let down. 3 hours long totally drawn out.

I enjoy movies so I am not so picky. I go for the movie. I like the big screen beats the crap out of watching a big screen promotion on a small TV set.

• Like 1

Is there any mid week specials going on in any of the cinema?

If you but one of the discount cards at airport cinema, I think 200bt, then you get 100bt off every ticket you buy.

Discount on every trip....paid for itself after a couple see one movie.

Can use any day, any time.

Only need one card.....not one each

Brilliant.

Get them at the small info booth on the way in.

Is there any mid week specials going on in any of the cinema?

The airport mall and central mall have a card you can buy for 1,000 or 2,000 baht. It gives you an automatic 20% saving on the 2,000 baht one not sure about the 1,000 baht one. I think it is 10%. Not to sure of the rest of it. Seems like we some how get some free pop corn or pop. Don't really know as I let the wife handle that.

I believe Wednesdays they give you a discount and if you are over 60 they will give you a discount if you show them your passport. For the senior discount you have to go to the counter you can not get it out of the machine. The card is good at both theaters. Not sure about the discount for seniors at the central one.

I received another card with my original one that they always run through the machine. As I said I don't know what it is good for but occasionally the wife will have some pop corn and pop.

Edited by northernjohn

"I received another card with my original one that they always run through the machine. As I said I don't know what it is good for but occasionally the wife will have some pop corn and pop."

It is for 2000 bahts worth of pop corn and pop pre-paid for your wife.

• Like 1

"I received another card with my original one that they always run through the machine. As I said I don't know what it is good for but occasionally the wife will have some pop corn and pop."

Well I love my wife and that would be OK with me. Problem is I am the one who winds up eating it and drinking it when I didn't want it in the first place.

I think it is a cultural thing. She thinks she is taking care of me in spite of the fact that I need less food and calories.

Such is the price one must pay for having a loving and caring wife. I will struggle through with it.

Northernjohn

Not sure what you bought for 1 or 2k but they either saw you coming or did you just hand over the money to your lady?

A lot different to my card for 200bt then 100 discount every ticket.

Or did we use the cashier without the calculator?

Northernjohn

Not sure what you bought for 1 or 2k but they either saw you coming or did you just hand over the money to your lady?

Blimey,I'd get in for free!biggrin.png

Northernjohn

Blimey,I'd get in for free!biggrin.png

So would all seniors. I think there is a little bit of confusion.

Also if you use the machines you can not get the Seniors discount.

Or the high class seats in the Theater 7 at the airport. Or theater 1 at the central festival.

I had to try it just to see what was so special about it.

I won't be making that mistake again.

Well I love my wife and that would be OK with me. Problem is I am the one who winds up eating it and drinking it when I didn't want it in the first place.

I think it is a cultural thing. She thinks she is taking care of me in spite of the fact that I need less food and calories.

Such is the price one must pay for having a loving and caring wife. I will struggle through with it.

...well,more junk food,fat+sugar will make you die quicker...maybe that's the plan wink.pnglaugh.png