Protesters Alarmed By 'Sniper' In DSI Building

Lite Beer

Protesters Alarmed By 'Sniper' In DSI Building

By Khaosod English.

13904757461390475822l.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Anti-government protesters have alleged that a sniper has taken position in the headquarters of the Division of Special Investigation (DSI).

Luang Phu Buddha Issara, Buddhist monk and a leader of People′s Committee for Absolute Democracy With the King As Head of State (PCAD), led the crowd to DSI building on Chaeng Wattana Road this afternoon and asked the officials to let them "inspect" the office.

According to Luang Phu Buddha Issara, he had noticed suspicious-looking individuals taking up position inside the 11-floor DSI building, and a number of PCAD leaders found that they were targeted by "laser" light. The monk then accused the DSI of deploying snipers to intimidate the protesters.

However, the DSI office′s entrance was firmly locked when the protesters arrived, and a DSI official told the protesters that they must force their way into the office on their own because the DSI would not unlock the gate.

PCAD supporters also refused to force their way into the building, as many feared they might be charged with intruding into state agencies.

DSI officials eventually unlocked the entrance on the condition that the protesters would rally in front of the building in a peaceful manner. Lt.Col. Sitthipon Charoenputh, a high-ranking DSI officer, later met with the protesters and assured them that no sniper, or any armed security forces, was stationed in the headquarters.

Assured by Lt.Col. Sitthipon′s assurance, Luang Phu Buddha Issara led the protesters peacefully back to their rally site in front of Government Complex.

Meanwhile, the number of protesters at Government Complex rally site is markedly small today, our correspondent reported. The atmosphere around the protest campsite became more tense after Luang Phu Buddha announced that he had received reports of an impending police crackdown on the protesters.

PCAD guards also imposed strict security measures around the rally site, such as forbidding vehicles to approach the campsite out of concerns that the protesters might be attacked.

Luang Phu Buddha Issara later said that he has been informed of the DSI pressing insurrection charges and issuing summon warrant against him, but he insisted that he would not meet with DSI officers as requested unless Mr. Tharit Pengdit, chief of the DSI, personally served him the warrant.

"We will guarantee him safety if he does show up," the activist monk said.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1EUTNOVGMwTmc9PQ==&sectionid=TURFd01BPT0=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-23

So they some people in that building and then later get hit with lasers coming from some place else, and they put the two incidents together.

Barely intelligible post, but may I point out that laser sighting not only lets the shooter know when he is on target, it also lets the targets know where you are aiming from.

Great for police to intimidate criminals, but in a combat situation as handy as a big sign saying "I AM HERE".

What a great Buddhist example this monk is making. Oddly enough I thought two days ago this same guy was in a crap ton of trouble for getting involved in politics. I am surprised he is not holding a child as a shield.

or worst than that, invading a hospital rolleyes.gif

Edited by Tingnongnoi
  • Like 1

What a great Buddhist example this monk is making. Oddly enough I thought two days ago this same guy was in a crap ton of trouble for getting involved in politics. I am surprised he is not holding a child as a shield.

I am surprised he is not holding a child as a shield.

Yes, that would be unethical and irresponsible, eh Dick? post-9891-0-43594700-1390483077_thumb.jp

• Like 2

So they some people in that building and then later get hit with lasers coming from some place else, and they put the two incidents together.

Barely intelligible post, but may I point out that laser sighting not only lets the shooter know when he is on target, it also lets the targets know where you are aiming from.

Great for police to intimidate criminals, but in a combat situation as handy as a big sign saying "I AM HERE".

Keep em awake at night.

Least he told em flat out that they would have to break in and the DSI would defend it. Put them on the spot and they backed off...... not enough of them

So they will be trying to get more supportes on the street with their BS tales. As the press notice..... very very small numbers there, smaller minds as well as many left to join the whiteshirts.

Love to see a big police jackboot up his fat corrupt yellow backside when the day comes. I'll have it as my screen saver.

• Like 2

what if it was a shark with a frikken laser beam???

Cool way of dispersing a crowd though, no not the sharks, although that's not a bad idea, but light up the crowd with dozen of lasers, and they'll scatter and be home before the Sum Tam gets cold!!

JR Soul, you can only see the origin of the laser under the correct lighting conditions, unless it happens to be in your eyes, then you can see shyt!! wink.png

I would not be surprised if government put one there to try and frighten people from demonstrating Lets hope they see light soon and Taksin gives orders for government to step down but hell use any tactic including violence arson and murder to get what he wants

Okay, he maybe a monk, but does he have xray eyes? How could be interpret suspicious activity, which pretty much happens when a copper breathes, but that's translated to " Sniper on the roof" ??? Did the suspicios person wear a black SWAT uniform with the words SNIPER across the back, and have a laser attached to his Jedi Helmet??

Okay, he maybe a monk, but does he have xray eyes? How could be interpret suspicious activity, which pretty much happens when a copper breathes, but that's translated to " Sniper on the roof" ??? Did the suspicios person wear a black SWAT uniform with the words SNIPER across the back, and have a laser attached to his Jedi Helmet??

Try re-reading the OP - its all there for you, seek and ye shall find :)

Is this news???

It is news when a mob makes repeated attempts to raid the equivalent of FBI etc.

Strange with the DSI looking at the land plots and the palm oil scams and the Phuket and Surat Thani mafia, that they were one of the first to be mobbed back in November.

If you don't think it is news, you are really on the wrong forum.

the laser. Freaking them out, the Gov and Police will try to spook them and keep them awake an on their toes as much as possible. They will pretend they have seen intruders and chase them with sirens etc. but, the objective is just to piss off the mob and keep them awake. Sweet dreams.

A coup attempt is a war, and the Government side or the Redshirts will fight back, and strongly. It's just not the time yet and they just letting Suthep expose himself more to the world so they can see what a complete fascist he is.

Try re-reading the OP - its all there for you, seek and ye shall find smile.png

According to Luang Phu Buddha Issara, he had noticed suspicious-looking individuals taking up position inside the 11-floor DSI building, and a number of PCAD leaders found that they were targeted by "laser" light. The monk then accused the DSI of deploying snipers to intimidate the protesters.

I read it just fine, he can see through walls and up 11 stories can he?? wink.pngtongue.png

• Like 1

I am surprised he is not holding a child as a shield.

Yes, that would be unethical and irresponsible, eh Dick? attachicon.gifrsc.jpg

Wow name calling did I hurt your boo boo feelings awwwww your boyfriend a pretend high so? http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697679-keep-children-out-of-protests/ Seems your retardation only applies to one side right?

They never said they saw the laser was being pointed from there. They say they saw people in a building and then described a different laser incident. You can't see the source of the laser unless you're looking directly at the source. Which according to the article, there weren't.

it was only 2 days ago i posted on here that it wont be long before suthep is the target of a sniper attack, seems like it was very close today

Seems like it wasn't close at all, there were no snipers in the building.

• Like 1