Pheu Thai pleads with rights organizations for justice

Lite Beer

Pheu Thai pleads with rights organizations for justice

phromphong-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Pheu Thai party has pleaded human rights organizations for justice for the government over its decision to declare state of emergency in Bangkok and its periphery to cope with anti-government protests and possible violence.

Pheu Thai party spokesman Prompong Nopparit said Thursday that he would like the human rights organizations to look at the conduct of the protesters such as their siege of the National Police Office and the Office of the Defence Permanent Secretary and the removal of the name plate of the National Police Office on Wednesday.

“These are state properties paid for by the taxpayers,” said Prompong, adding that the protesters also tried to provoke the police but the police exercised restraint.

He went on saying that the protests staged by the People’s Democratic Reform Committee were not peaceful or without arms as claimed and their activities had infringed on the rights of the other people.

Human rights and media organizations have opposed to the Emergency Decree, expressing concern that the law may infringe on free expression and press freedom, and may also worsen the situation.

The Pheu Thai party spokesman noted that the current situation was not normal as the election was nearing and hence it was necessary for the government to have some tool for the police to maintain peace and order and to prevent violations of the law.

“I would like to ask the human rights and media organizations what they want the government to do. If there is no rule of law, the country will become a failed state. Is this what they want to happen?” said Prompong

He also warned that if anyone tries to stage a coup, he will meet with stiff resistance from a lot of people. He suggested the army to play the role of the mediator to resolve the political conflict.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/pheu-thai-pleads-rights-organizations-justice/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=pheu-thai-pleads-rights-organizations-justice

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-23

“These are state properties paid for by the taxpayers"

the tax payer will also be paying for PTP's policies for the next few years +. Apart from what they have given to the rice farmers already!

Edited by ggold
  • Like 1

I think these article writers need to stop depending on their dictionaries so much and just go basic for everything. There are far fewer words in general in Thai than in English. The Thai dictionaries sometimes like to throw a whole bunch of English words in there as translations, but of course English doesn't have so many words just for the sake of it - the words have slightly different meanings! We keep getting "pleads" "urges" "RESORTS". These can't be the right translations. ......

....right?..... please....

Edited by taony

“I would like to ask the human rights and media organizations what they want the government to do.

I think it's clear for 84 days already what everyone wants the government to do.

Bu the way, didn't Human right watch condemn the government already for the SoE ?

The upper middle class human rights watch responed as required by the rest of their clique. No crediblity there.

Most people are supporting the Government stance and certainly with regard to democracy.

So they paving the way now to limit a backlash if they have to go in and move these idiots.

For me, the more money the complacent middle class of BKK lose, the better. Might set in chain some thought process but I doubt it. Only thing that will shift them is if a lorry load of Skin Whitener can't get through, or if the SOE results in the Soaps being taken off on a night.

Chinese new year... bye by 40-50 billion baht. Not from farmers, PT, but directly from the business who are supporting this clown.

Just because the Government are letting suthep melt down in public and lose his support, does not mean there is no opposition to him.. There is, it is massive, includes many in the army and more than half the country.

You'll hear from them when the time is right.

• Like 2

This is shocking. The protesters removed the nameplate from the National Police Office? That really is going too far.

How will anyone know that the people who work there are policemen now?

an earlier poster deserves credit for the remark .... "how will the policemen find their office?"

• Like 1

I still refuse to pick a side. I think they are all scum, feeding off of their individual supporters like fist-sized ticks on a mastodon. I like to ridicule the slip ups on both sides, it is horrifyingly amusing, but the situation is more serious than many here on TV realize. This symptom is just the worst symptom in a very long history of illness that dates back over forty years. It is not the Thai people's fault, they are like the rest of us and trust their leaders to help them in ways that do not hurt their society, and like many of us from the west they have been utterly let down, and in toto. The only one who has never hurt them is the Great Man, and he is the only one here that has clean hands. The rest are scrambling for or clutching onto power.

Bangkok is more porous than people are acknowledging, porous meaning that there are many ways into the city, some of which are impossible to monitor except by satellite time, and that is so expensive that no one can write that check, not even the amart with pooled resources. It seems obvious to me that if a small group of poor people are denied their majority, they will retaliate in the most logical and horrible manner possible as taught by recent history.

This fight, if it becomes one I pray that it never does, will not be some confrontation between red masses that the army can put down in short order. It will be farangs sitting at Starbucks downtown suddenly wondering where their legs went, and why their ears are ringing. It will be incursions into red villages by tanks, and pipe bombs in Phuket. It will be poison in the water of Nakhon Ratchisima, and arson attacks for the owners who will claim that civil unrest entitles them to a free renovation from the insurance company.

This is no delirium, this is crisis.

This will be in people's homes, among their children, and will be protracted and hideous. Both sides are pretending that it could not happen here--the tanks always worked before...

Well, think again. People learn. What did not work before will be replaced by something that works, even if it is a meat grinder for a cause. Do not underestimate Thai people, in any way, shape or form. They are people like us, but they think differently than we do (there is no one way to approach life, and that is something that arrogant westerners revile worldwide, and think 'they are like us, just in different clothing') -- what smug arrogance. Sociologists remark on how westerners hate making meetings with Saudis, when the Saudi perception for a meeting includes 'What if I see an old friend I have missed for seven years, or find out that my daughter is in love with someone? -- of course I might be late.' In general, if one tells a Saudi 'I will see you at 5 o'clock sharp', they think you are insane. Literally insane. Their brains are not wired the same way that ours are wired. Ko jai?

But that western brain keeps saying, 'we are all the same'. We are not. Even at the most basic level of conceiving our world-view we are all sometimes very different from each other, which is enlightening, and I hope never changes. There is strength for our species in diversity -- just ask a geneticist. Thais, they find their own way of doing things, and I like it. Unfortunately, the old way and sudden new way of doing things is not working anymore or now in politics...

Thai people deserve better than this. Sad smiley in place until they stop pretending each side has exclusive rights to truth and progress. It might be years before they really negotiate, and what happens in the meantime could be quite ugly in its prospect.....

Put that in your pipe, and smoke it. I promise it will not make you feel any better.

Edited by FangFerang

“I would like to ask the human rights and media organizations what they want the government to do.

I think it's clear for 84 days already what everyone wants the government to do.

Bu the way, didn't Human right watch condemn the government already for the SoE ?

The upper middle class human rights watch responed as required by the rest of their clique. No crediblity there.

Most people are supporting the Government stance and certainly with regard to democracy.

So they paving the way now to limit a backlash if they have to go in and move these idiots.

For me, the more money the complacent middle class of BKK lose, the better. Might set in chain some thought process but I doubt it. Only thing that will shift them is if a lorry load of Skin Whitener can't get through, or if the SOE results in the Soaps being taken off on a night.

Chinese new year... bye by 40-50 billion baht. Not from farmers, PT, but directly from the business who are supporting this clown.

Just because the Government are letting suthep melt down in public and lose his support, does not mean there is no opposition to him.. There is, it is massive, includes many in the army and more than half the country.

You'll hear from them when the time is right.

You really should do a little research before posting. You seem to know nothing about either side of the line.

Baseless accusations for what purpose I don't know. You may convince some TV posters but not many and you certainly will not get through to the Thai people.

When will the time be right. Those chowder heads are going to spend good money on an election that is totally meaningless. There is not enough seats to form a quorum. Hence a bunch of lame ducks collecting government money for doing nothing. The only reason they will get so many votes is there is not a qualified contender. If the Democrats were in they would have a lot poorer showing if in fact they even won.

Have you taken a look at there red shirt supporters lately. They are fighting among them selves and in two out of three past elections in red shirt territory they lost the election. The only one they won was the Chiang Mai one and that was with a smaller majority than the last election also being Thaksin and Yingluck's sister helped her.

If the Government had tried to run the country instead of taking sides in the Bangkok election they might have won the Mayor there. The rice farmers are unhappy with them. They do not have the base they think they have. If they did why would they have killed the white wash Thaksin bill. Make no mistake about it. They had a lot to do with the Senate not having a quorum. It was the only way they could weasel out from under it but they took way to long to do it and people started looking at the other things they had been doing. That is where the real trouble began.

Funny thing is Suthep has come up with a solution and Yingluck agrees to it. The catch is it has to be after the election. She wants nothing changed now. Might be afraid she could not win if it was. Or the chance to rake off huge chunks of money would be lessened to much to make it worth while. I don't know you tell me why.

If there was any justice he would be doing the time that was handed down to him by the court.

remind me again...when did Suthep attend court

Robby nz dedn´t mean Sutep. He meant, Prompong Nopparit PTP spokesman.

Pheu Thai spokesman gets one-year jailterm without suspension

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tag/prompong-nopparit/

If there was any justice he would be doing the time that was handed down to him by the court.

remind me again...when did Suthep attend court

Robby nz didn´t mean Suthep, he meant Prompong Nopparit PTP spokesman.

Pheu Thai spokesman gets one-year jailterm without suspension

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/tag/prompong-nopparit/