Thailand awaits crunch court ruling on election

webfact

The outrage occurred when she stepped in as inept puppet for her brother, after they bought up votes on the backs of the uneducated. Everything they touched failed and is an outrage. The worst outrage is foreign posters who are thicker than a plank not to see this little oligarchy of ineptitude crumbling as a result of ill deeds; with even farmers taking a stand.

Pipkins, great post, you are right on and correct,

Gemini81

Who's outrage The Rich Elite,, they are the ones yelling fot Thaskin head.

I live among those you refer to uneducated, you know nothing about what is going on in Thailand today,

Also I for one as a Farang's posters on TV, dispute your Fascist rant, Could you kindly point out what programs they touched that failed, as you state "Everything they touched failed" and it is an outrage"

What are these outrages failures you rant about,

* The political machine that has won every election, since 2001.

* Providing affordable and quality health care for its citizens,-Very popular!

* Raising the minimum wage by 25%.- very popular

* Village managed Micro credit development funds.

* government sponsored One-tambon, One product program.

* paid rice farmers a decent price for their rice..

Why are you as a Farang, that has no right to vote in Thailand so outraged!

Could it be the poll that is a thread on this forum that stated 79.6 % of Thai's polled stated they would vote on February 2, 2014, showing that Suthep does not represent the vast majorities of Thai's that will not boycott the election,

I believe in a democratic election, where everyone vote is equal, if Suthep was the winner, I would certainly be disappointed, but I would live with the results until the next election,

Sonny, that is how a Democracy works, The Majority Rules!

Cheers

Let me address your specious points ionbne by one for effect.

* The political machine that has won every election, since 2001. - Won through electoral fraud and all Taksin's parties prior to PT were dissolved and politician's banned 5 years for electoral fraud, but somehow Teflon Taksin managed to not get banned.

* Providing affordable and quality health care for its citizens,-Very popular! - It is rather like the British NHS by all accounts, you have to wait ages and are lucky if the person who sees you really knows what they are on about. But at least it is cheap.

* Raising the minimum wage by 25%.- very popular - A ridiculous populist policy that has lead to price increases in almost everything all over the country. In real terms nobody is any richer as the small wage increases were cancelled out by the price increases everywhere. Has also led to some businesses leaving Thailand going to other cheaper countries.

* Village managed Micro credit development funds. - Which led to many people getting in over their heads and unable to make the repayments leading to their land being bought up ( by someone ) at way under market prices to pay off the debts.

* government sponsored One-tambon, One product program. - Most of it is rather overpriced and as to whether it has really helped improve the lot of the farmers I don't know...

* paid rice farmers a decent price for their rice..- Another stupid populist policy that has been a complete disaster on all levels. Paying 40% over market rates which has led to Thailand having a mountain of rotting rice it can't sell. Thailand dropped from the number 1 rice seller in the world, a position it held for over 30 years to number 3 as people are buying the same rice cheaper from India and Vietnam. And despite getting 40% more than their product is worth for 2 years, the farmers are still poor. Where did all the money go ?

What else you got Sparky ?!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dah! If Yingluck no longer has any support then lets have the damn election so she can be forced out of office, obviously she does have ample support to win the election, just because a few hundred rice farmers turned against her doesn't mean she has lost her voter base, most people understand that the government can no longer make payments because the protesters have sabatoged government operations.

It is there in every media report in every paper in every country bar 2 or 3 in Thailand.

that is, the Army traditionally side with the Anti Thaksin movement. There's the problem.

Yingluk has even offered another election in one years time. Guess who is not talking? Too busy screaming the Peoples Council policies out loud from the stage. Making up policy on the hoof and promising to pay farmers if they support him.... after he blocked their payments.

So this is buying votes writ large and presumably once the Junta is installed in his dream coup, all his rants from the stage will have to be honored. Very democratic I don't think. Sound more like a dictator?

What a circus is the thai elite and their cronies. No wonder the Govermnet is digging in on this. They have to be got rid of. EC, CC, Army acting as a private business and mafia enforcer.

Stick with it Yingluck most of the world are behind you and the ones that are not with you, really don't deserve mention after this latest outrage.

Suthep is sure to be the winner in this go round if all Yingluck's supporters are as ill informed as you are.

Even the rice farmers are turning against her. She no longer has the backing of all the red shirts. The ones she does have are resorting to their usual form of support. Genades and drive by shootings. She is discovering as Abhist did that calling an emergency decree is not going to be enforced by the police. Fortunately for her it is unarmed peaceful protestors not the armed and fortified ones Abhist had to face.

This one has a leader right up on the stage and leading parades she can just arrest. Not like the one Abhist had to face with a leader out of country calling in long distance to urge his minions on.

To top it all off. With out opposition she still would not have a clue as to how to run the country. She has two and a half years of experience at flying around the world on shopping trips at the governments expense. the occasional speeches she gave were jokes. But she is good at Photo Op's got to give credit where credit is due.clap2.gif

• Like 1

It is there in every media report in every paper in every country bar 2 or 3 in Thailand.

that is, the Army traditionally side with the Anti Thaksin movement. There's the problem.

Yingluk has even offered another election in one years time. Guess who is not talking? Too busy screaming the Peoples Council policies out loud from the stage. Making up policy on the hoof and promising to pay farmers if they support him.... after he blocked their payments.

So this is buying votes writ large and presumably once the Junta is installed in his dream coup, all his rants from the stage will have to be honored. Very democratic I don't think. Sound more like a dictator?

What a circus is the thai elite and their cronies. No wonder the Govermnet is digging in on this. They have to be got rid of. EC, CC, Army acting as a private business and mafia enforcer.

Stick with it Yingluck most of the world are behind you and the ones that are not with you, really don't deserve mention after this latest outrage.

''Wah wah Taksin didn't get his way so everybody must be bad, why do they hate him ?! It's all aa conspiracy I tell you ! wah wah''

Tingtong, I really think you are starting to lose it and starting to behave as your username.

Here we go again with this "the upcountry people are too stupid and unsophisticated to vote" garbage.. only 'educated' people should be allowed to vote, like I guess those idiots blocking roads are so fking sophisticated .. what do you even know about the government policies that make you so fuking smart.. the fact that you believe this 'votebuying' myth shows how intelligent you are.

The outrage occurred when she stepped in as inept puppet for her brother, after they bought up votes on the backs of the uneducated. Everything they touched failed and is an outrage. The worst outrage is foreign posters who are thicker than a plank not to see this little oligarchy of ineptitude crumbling as a result of ill deeds; with even farmers taking a stand.

• Like 1

@pipkins Whatever you're taking it has disastrous effects on your brain

the true hurts much more than lies.... Pipkins is right, it is also still far a minority that follow your and the protesters ideas.

• Like 1

Pipkins, great post, you are right on and correct,

Gemini81

Who's outrage The Rich Elite,, they are the ones yelling fot Thaskin head.

I live among those you refer to uneducated, you know nothing about what is going on in Thailand today,

Also I for one as a Farang's posters on TV, dispute your Fascist rant, Could you kindly point out what programs they touched that failed, as you state "Everything they touched failed" and it is an outrage"

What are these outrages failures you rant about,

* The political machine that has won every election, since 2001.

* Providing affordable and quality health care for its citizens,-Very popular!

* Raising the minimum wage by 25%.- very popular

* Village managed Micro credit development funds.

* government sponsored One-tambon, One product program.

* paid rice farmers a decent price for their rice..

Why are you as a Farang, that has no right to vote in Thailand so outraged!

Could it be the poll that is a thread on this forum that stated 79.6 % of Thai's polled stated they would vote on February 2, 2014, showing that Suthep does not represent the vast majorities of Thai's that will not boycott the election,

I believe in a democratic election, where everyone vote is equal, if Suthep was the winner, I would certainly be disappointed, but I would live with the results until the next election,

Sonny, that is how a Democracy works, The Majority Rules!

Cheers

Let me address your specious points ionbne by one for effect.

* The political machine that has won every election, since 2001. - Won through electoral fraud and all Taksin's parties prior to PT were dissolved and politician's banned 5 years for electoral fraud, but somehow Teflon Taksin managed to not get banned.

* Providing affordable and quality health care for its citizens,-Very popular! - It is rather like the British NHS by all accounts, you have to wait ages and are lucky if the person who sees you really knows what they are on about. But at least it is cheap.

* Raising the minimum wage by 25%.- very popular - A ridiculous populist policy that has lead to price increases in almost everything all over the country. In real terms nobody is any richer as the small wage increases were cancelled out by the price increases everywhere. Has also led to some businesses leaving Thailand going to other cheaper countries.

* Village managed Micro credit development funds. - Which led to many people getting in over their heads and unable to make the repayments leading to their land being bought up ( by someone ) at way under market prices to pay off the debts.

* government sponsored One-tambon, One product program. - Most of it is rather overpriced and as to whether it has really helped improve the lot of the farmers I don't know...

* paid rice farmers a decent price for their rice..- Another stupid populist policy that has been a complete disaster on all levels. Paying 40% over market rates which has led to Thailand having a mountain of rotting rice it can't sell. Thailand dropped from the number 1 rice seller in the world, a position it held for over 30 years to number 3 as people are buying the same rice cheaper from India and Vietnam. And despite getting 40% more than their product is worth for 2 years, the farmers are still poor. Where did all the money go ?

What else you got Sparky ?!

Talk about specious! Not to overlook pejorative opinions parading as knowledge. Wouldn't say you proved anything except an overconfident attitude in questionable information and a disrespect of others.

Talk about specious! Not to overlook pejorative opinions parading as knowledge. Wouldn't say you proved anything except an overconfident attitude in questionable information and a disrespect of others.

I agree. Kikoman's list of Thaksin's achievements is very useful. It reflects what ordinary Thais in rural areas have been saying. Those ordinary people voted for Thaksin because Thaksin benefitted them and started to pull Thailand's poor out of poverty. Admittedly, the rice scheme has been less successful, but governments can't always be perfect, and perhaps Yingluk has not quite the talents of her brother.

I'd suggest that, due to such programmes, the verdict of history might be that Thaksin's was the best government Thailand ever had. Of course the Bangkok elites will never accept that (including the farangs) which could be another reason for the N/NE to be tempted to secede from Thailand. The existence of red villages is one indication of how they're thinking - such villages are testimony to the neglect and contempt the rural people have suffered over the years from the central elites.

• Like 1

Government willing to accept outcome of court ruling on election

BANGKOK, 24 January 2014 (NNT) - The Ministry of Interior has said that the government is willing to abide by the Constitution Court’s ruling on the proposed postponement of the election date.

After meetings with other ministers, Minister of Interior Charupong Reungsuwan the administration will accept the outcome of the ruling whether the court sides with the Election Commission or the government.

He noted that if the EC was granted authority to delay the general election scheduled for February 2, the government would continue to carry out its duty the best it possibly could. He expressed concerns, however, that the postponement will severely impact Pheu Thai candidates who have already been campaigning for the race.

The Pheu Thai party will hold a party meeting today to assess the outcome of the ruling and the party's possible responses.

The EC yesterday petitioned the court to rule on whether it had the power to delay the poll, saying the country was too volatile to hold a general election, and that it was bound to result in a parliament with too few MPs to form a quorum.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2014-01-24 footer_n.gif

Seems strange that the government is willing to accept the outcome of the court on this. What kind of Constitution does Thailand have? I thought that after dissolving parliament, elections were required in 60 days. The EC has to go to the Constitutional Court to determine if it can be granted authority to delay the elections. Only thing preventing elections is Suthep and his group. If anything the election should go forward where there are candidates who have registered. In those districts where they were prevented from registering or did not register then hold a second election and send in the army to protect the registration and election process. There should be no tolerance of prohibiting elections. If you don't want to participate, don't. But, it should be unlawful to prevent others from doing so.

Would it not be helpful to the people of Thailand if Suthep would state his objects other than Yingluck step down. He wants a council to figure out a way to stop corruption and election fraud but has not stated how this would be done. To my knowledge he has not even stated how the council members would be chosen. Basically he wants to stop the caretaker government from functioning, put in "his" council, and hope to railroad through changes which will give the Democrats a chance to win an election. He is all talk and a little short on specifics. If I was Yingluck I would offer him free time on television to state his proposals and then get a member of the PTP to debate him on television.

• Like 1