Cultural Departments closed down by protesters: Bangkok

webfact

Cultural Departments Closed Down By Protesters
By Khaosod English

BANGKOK: -- Anti-government protesters have forced staff at a number of culture-related state agencies to leave work.

Supporters of Student and People Network For the Reform of Thailand (SRT) have embarked on a daily campaign to disrupt or close down governmental agencies across Bangkok in the bid to oust the government of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

Today′s targets include the Department of Fine Arts, the Office of Archaeology and its operational facilities, such as the Office of National Museum, the Office of Architecture, and the Office of Literature and History.

Rallying in front of these offices, the protesters demand that all civil servants abandon their works as a "civil disobedience" against "Thaksin Regime".

Mr. Anand Chuchote, deputy director of the Department of Fine Arts, later negotiated with SRT core leaders and instructed his staff to immediately leave the offices.

Many officials and civil servants could be seen hurriedly packing their belongings and leaving the agencies shortly afterwards. SRT guards later entered the buildings to make sure that no official stays behind inside the department offices.

SRT protesters also laid siege to a number of other departments, such as Cooperative Promotion Department, Cooperative Auditing Department, and the Ministry of Culture.

Due to the demonstration, heavy traffic is reported in western Bangkok.

Source: http://www.khaosod.co.th/en/view_newsonline.php?newsid=TVRNNU1EVTFNRFUyTXc9PQ==

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2014-01-24

I am sure this question has been asked hundreds of times, and perhaps even answered without the typical "TiT-answers", but why the hell is no one arresting these thugs and their insane leaders? How can the government allow these morons to hijack the city / country like this?

Please tell me.

Edited by ricku

Now, what the hell does these agencies have to do with reform or having this government resign. It's intimation of the government employees and threats of bodily harm if they don't leave. These are acts of a mob or better yet thugs. They are all cowards unless they are in a large group and high on drugs.

the chain in command has been siphoning money... the ministry of culture sucks alot of money out to promote nothing. I have a few friend in the fine arts performances and i agree with them when they say that the MOC does not support their thai heritage. they only see new fancy cars in the parking spots .

• Like 1

Now, what the hell does these agencies have to do with reform or having this government resign. It's intimation of the government employees and threats of bodily harm if they don't leave. These are acts of a mob or better yet thugs. They are all cowards unless they are in a large group and high on drugs.

the chain in command has been siphoning money... the ministry of culture sucks alot of money out to promote nothing. I have a few friend in the fine arts performances and i agree with them when they say that the MOC does not support their thai heritage. they only see new fancy cars in the parking spots .

i would be carful when dealing with the fine arts people, artisans, tend to mingle with all walks of life. and their ability should not go unreported.

• Like 1

Well it is meant to make the government unable to work.

intimation? Most want to stop working, but it would be against the law. But as soon as two protesters show up they go home (or more often attend the protests, others may just like holidays).

There are a lot jokes about the employees informing the protesters where they work and even complain that they weren't shut down.....

• Like 1

You made me laugh with this one smile.png

I invite you to head down to your nearest convenient protest site and do a survey of (say) little old ladies to determine what percentage are thugs and/or smoking crack.

he always posts utter rubbish....high on drugs any proof nope....not a sausage..just trolling..coffee1.gif

• Like 1

As all other news outlets are covering the emergency decree, and Chalerm's efforts now to become the minister of dissemination of public information, Khoasod knows where the real news is.

" Due to the demonstration, heavy traffic is reported in western Bangkok. "

i would be carful when dealing with the fine arts people, artisans, tend to mingle with all walks of life. and their ability should not go unreported.

Getting desperate??w00t.gif Starting to reply to your own posts??coffee1.gif

I am sure this question has been asked hundreds of times, and perhaps even answered without the typical "TiT-answers", but why the hell is no one arresting these thugs and their insane leaders? How can the government allow these morons to hijack the city / country like this?

Please tell me.

If you don't understand the situation in Bangkok how do you come to the conclusion that these people are thugs and not legitimate protesters trying to rid the country of a seriously corrupt government. You cannot judge the way things are done here to the way it would be done in a western country. It is a completely different culture.

• Like 1

Please tell me.

If you don't understand the situation in Bangkok how do you come to the conclusion that these people are thugs and not legitimate protesters trying to rid the country of a seriously corrupt government. You cannot judge the way things are done here to the way it would be done in a western country. It is a completely different culture.

Arent you also judging it?

Edited by Mr Yim
  • Like 2

Please tell me.

The fear of an escalation and even civil war, perhaps?

It's not like the anti-apartheid movement disappeared after the arrest and imprisonment of Mandela.

Edited by LucidLucifer

I invite you to head down to your nearest convenient protest site and do a survey of (say) little old ladies to determine what percentage are thugs and/or smoking crack.

If you could read it's the Supporters of Student and People Network For the Reform of Thailand not your granny

Well it's the same principle innit?

I have this theory that you would find it a lot harder to demonise student protestors as druggies and thuggies if you had - say - actually met some.

First only one religion is considered to be okay and now inrows in cultural institutionsbah.gif

Getting more and more like the dark age in the 1930s Europe!!

Would like to hear the followers of the Dear Leader to come out and defend this nonsense!!

The forum is yours.coffee1.gif

Oh and while they're at it....would also like to know their defence on :-

PDRC shutting down public schools in 14 Southern provinces:

PDRC shutting down 46 vocational colleges in the South

Forcing the Imam of a Mosque to cancel the Koran lessons for a bunch of kids that were inside the Mosque when the mob shut them in.

This is akin to terrorism when threats are made to people and their way of life - oh and not let's forget that the kids have a human right to access to education. I remember the howls of anger a few days from the self-righteous supporters of Uncle Suthep when it was reported that a school director had 'forced' his students to march in support of elections. But where are you all now condemning the use of force and threats to schools to show civil disobedience?

Here they are saying the Northerners are uneducated buffaloes and don't understand democracy on the one hand and on the other, denying their own children an education. Oh the irony.

And this picture is doing the rounds on Bangkokians' social media....tells you pretty much what many are feeling right now.

post-30549-0-31870300-1390554485_thumb.j

Edited by BKKBrit
  • Like 1

Please tell me.

I would suggest that you check the differences between the protesters. Those with no hoodies, and leaving their faces exposed are the whistle-blowing, peaceful variety. Why not check out the images of the students at Ramkamhaeng last month, the thugs on the front lines attempting to break into public buildings - and just yesterday, those attacking the signage at Police HQ? Oh yes..those are the hi-so, educated, middle class elite..I forgot that.

• Like 1

Please tell me.

There are just as many differences among people within cultures are there are between.

I don't know why some of the people on here are flabbergasted too, these are just strategies to disrupt and shake up the gov't through civil disobedience. No-violently, unlike their red communist opposition.

If you could read it's the Supporters of Student and People Network For the Reform of Thailand not your granny

Well it's the same principle innit?

I have this theory that you would find it a lot harder to demonise student protestors as druggies and thuggies if you had - say - actually met some.

Seen them in action have you?

post-137395-0-42301100-1390555807_thumb.

• Like 2

Please tell me.

You did not answer his question,or was the answer"it is a completely different culture" ?

• Like 1

Please tell me.

The report said what the demands were. There was no information about who joined them, or who didn't. Since the southern province principal was intimidated into quitting because he did not attend rallies and was; therefore, obviously not on their side (which is fallacious reasoning at best). That report also said a gunshot was fired, which is not only intimidation, but reckless because shots fired even the air return to earth at a lethal speed.

I am finding it harder to remain neutral when people act recklessly. I understand the protesters have a point, but the rally goers are obviously not all peaceful, and claims to the contrary are neither factual nor unbiased.

• Like 1

They are all cowards? Not wanting to disappoint you, but I guess you know who is the biggest coward of this country, and where he is now, right!

• Like 1

maybe you should go and look. I did not think these were little old ladies. These are students and their teachers. So how good is their education system?????