Jimmy Page in Pattaya now

addy77

any pics ? find it hard to believe as he is so wealthy he wouldn't hang out and be seen in such a downmarket hole .

the Sun would soon have pics of him in their paper.

Nonsense. He's been here many times. I have seen many pics of him in Pattaya on other boards, as well as pics hanging on a bar wall standing with the owner . He also helps out at some Jester's charity events. An aging rocker's Pattaya holiday is hardly tabloid-worthy.

• Like 2

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do remember being in a record shop once and hearing a young girl say "I didn't know Paul played in a band before WINGS"

I thought I'd gotten old then @ 30 something but to hear a person not know who Jimmy Page was is not so scary @ Rt. 66 in my life! Afterall , it was the 2nd generation of R&R 5 decades ago almost 6 really. Not to mention ,maybe the guy posting isn't

into Classic Rock??? i once met a young English lad in Phuket 10 0r so years ago , who had no idea who Jethro Tull was,

some people still don't realize its the Band led by Ian Anderson on Flute ,Vocals and Guitars. So , don't be too shocked, just tell the young guy to expand his musical taste and listen to a great band. I always tell them to listen to recorded in studio before you get into LIVE Concerts ,whose quality may not lend to the true sound of many songs.

Big deal

He left left zepp 34 years ago

Sent from my GT-S5310B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

yet he with ''zepp'' played at the 02 in London in December 2007 to an audience of 22,000 fans

quite a big deal then....

A. He didn't leave the band, they disbanded - rightfully - after the passing of the irreplaceable John Bonham.

B. The big deal in regards to the O2 show was that about 20 million (!) ticket applications were received. I doubt we will ever see anything like that again.

Big deal

He left left zepp 34 years ago

Sent from my GT-S5310B using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

yet he with ''zepp'' played at the 02 in London in December 2007 to an audience of 22,000 fans

quite a big deal then....

A. He didn't leave the band, they disbanded - rightfully - after the passing of the irreplaceable John Bonham.

B. The big deal in regards to the O2 show was that about 20 million (!) ticket applications were received. I doubt we will ever see anything like that again.

Some get it. Some don't.

• 3 weeks later...

I've met him before. He is a very nice guy. Having said that, I don't think we should be broadcasting his whereabouts on the net. He doesn't need stalkers or fawning fans.

As to legacy, heck, his playing is less than half of it. His writing and production skills are amazing. Yes, he had talented co-members in LED Zep. But he made it happen IMO. He is the most talented living rocker on the planet IMO.

But he made it happen IMO.

Concur, LZ was Jimmys baby, and since 1980 he has been lost.

His finest hour was 1975 PG and the Earls Court shows.

Since then nothing.

IMHO the greatest living rocker is, Sir Lemmy of Kilminster.

1975, Lemmy kicked out of Hawkwind, went on to form Motorhead, check out his output since then.

1975, JP plays self indulgent solos at Earls Court (who actually listens to Dazed & Confused these days?), since then nothing.

Over 100 LZ bootlegs in the house going all the way back to The Yardbirds through to Europe 1980.

Blueberry Hill, is a must have, as is Listen To This Eddie, the Big Bertha remasters should also be sought out.

Well, the definition of greatest is a personal opinion so we will just have to disagree. I must admit Lemmy didn't even come to mind when considering it. Did Motorhead ever have any #1 hits or platinum records? I realize popularity isn't the end all of who is greatest but I suspect your opinion isn't widely shared. Some might choose other than Page but Lemmy probably doesn't top any lists.

The way I determined greatest living rocker is:

has to be alive (duh)

was driving force of most influential and dynamic group - check

was legendary on his instrument - check

If the Beatles qualified for rock I'd probably give McCartney a mention as well but I feel they are more POP than rock.

On the rap that Jimmy did little after LZ there is some truth to that. He did other projects and performed but I suspect the perfection he achieved with LZ was hard to match up to. And heck, he didn't go to the mountain with LZ he made the mountain. I'm guessing it was hard for him to do anything live without someone calling for Stairway or Kashmir or some other LZ song. And I feel he rightfully didn't travel the "I'll play LZ songs til I die" route.

Even Lemmy wouldn't share that opinion!

Why does he stay at the Marriott? I thought he had a home here and frequented the TQ?

Rated right behind Jimi Hendrix at # 2 on the list of the greatest guitar players in rock history.

I would never bother him unless he was attending an announced public function such as the Jetsers charity event he often attends.

Love to shake his hand, get a photo and bid on the items he donates to the charity.

Why does he stay at the Marriott? I thought he had a home here and frequented the TQ?

Rated right behind Jimi Hendrix at # 2 on the list of the greatest guitar players in rock history.

I would never bother him unless he was attending an announced public function such as the Jetsers charity event he often attends.

Love to shake his hand, get a photo and bid on the items he donates to the charity.

I don't know if he owns a home or not. And I agree with your sentiments. He should not be harassed by adoring fans. He comes here to relax. I only met him because I am friends of the guy who runs the jesters charity functions and he introduced me.

I thought about asking for a photo with him but decided I'd wait until the charity event and pay the 1000 baht per for photos with him going to the charity. I wanted to use a real camera not a cell phone. Sadly, he was called away at the last second beore the event and I never got my photo. I hope to this year.

^^

Is this girl actually playing and overlaying the originals?

I watched a couple of her vids and to a non-player of the guitar she seems to be in sync...

Or have I been had? biggrin.png

i'm a player (guitars...lol) and she's 100% playing...there is a backing tape on in the background, but she's playing all the Jimmy Page stuff absolutely brilliantly....

.....Here's Jimmy's cleaner playing her version of "Rock n Roll"........

Excellent. Wish I could play that well. Now she could use some help tweaking the costume.......

great song and great player.........

wonder how much she charges to do a room clean ??

As this thread was opened by an attention seeking multiple banned member and is IMHO borderlining stalking plus questioning Mr Page's personal choice of holiday retreat I believe it is better to close this one.

Give that guy a break, he also wants to be a normal person once in a while.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk