If I pay 300,000 I can get my stolen car back

Ants

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I really believe that to be of help to potentially other readers and help them avoiding being scammed by a useless expensive policy, you should put the name of the company and the policy cover you have on this forum... 30k no theft cover? never heard off... we need to know

the question about the 2 sets of keys is also interesting as your car has a cut off system, so you need a key to start it. Do you still have both or did she leave one in the car with the paper and business cards?

or was all this a fun invented topic to stimulate a discussion?

• Like 1

I really believe that to be of help to potentially other readers and help them avoiding being scammed by a useless expensive policy, you should put the name of the company and the policy cover you have on this forum... 30k no theft cover? never heard off... we need to know

the question about the 2 sets of keys is also interesting as your car has a cut off system, so you need a key to start it. Do you still have both or did she leave one in the car with the paper and business cards?

or was all this a fun invented topic to stimulate a discussion?

Good points.......thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Get a lawyer to speak with the police. In my experience the police are sh*t scared of lawyers,malfeasance of duty etc. A lawyer is cheaper than the 300,000 Baht that's being asked for. The police are not doing their job !! The phone call can be traced.

Get a lawyer to speak with the police. In my experience the police are sh*t scared of lawyers,malfeasance of duty etc. A lawyer is cheaper than the 300,000 Baht that's being asked for. The police are not doing their job !! The phone call can be traced.

"Get a lawyer", in Thailand, "the police are not doing their job", shock and horror. giggle.gif

Who's name is the ride in, yours or hers. ?

Is it on hire purchase. ?

If not, is the blue book in your possession NOW ?

My first thought as well, and the key to this " mystery". If the car was in her name, then Ant would just

say sorry honey you lost your car. File a theft report, stop payments to the bank, and move on with

life. If it was in the name of Ant , then there may be some sort of scam going on either involved with

gambling debts or an attempt to get another 300,000 baht from Ant. I am a curious guy. I would

certainly head down there, meet up with the guys holding the car with a smile on my face, and ask

why they have the car. The answer could be fascinating.........

I am going to go out on a limb and guess the car was in the name of Ant. To the best of my knowledge,

with all the endless scams Thai girls come up with to extract money from farangs, cannot recall one

where she arranged to have her car stolen from her. :-)

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

As already mentioned the extortion attempt for 300k baht, is more likely than not, a scam

Will get back to you on the name of the company,it's abit of a tongue twister,,

My brother pays about 20-25,000,full protection,,,,

So when we were quoted 30,000 I presumed it covered everything ,,

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I presumed and signed the papers. clap2.gif

my mitsu triton has an immobilizer,which i take to mean you cannot hot wire it,i hope i am correct,it is a deisel,years ago in aus a friend showed me how to remove a lead to a spark plug to make the vehicle almost immpossible to steal,of course this was a petrol engine,does any one know an easy way of removing something like this on a deisel,or if one has an immobilizer is there no worries as long as they cannot access the keys.

If you pay 30000 B per year for a 3 years old car you've a first class insurance.

I think all first class insurances in Thailand cover theft.

What is the name of your insurance?

I believe you when you're telling the police is not willing to help.

We ever got a thief breaking into our building. I got all evidence : many videos, starting from him climbing through the window, videos that clearly showed his face, videos of him running down the stairs and out of the building.

The neighbors recognized the the thief on the video.

I got his name and address and went to see him at home : it was him, he confessed to me and said he spent the stolen money on going out.

I brought all evidence to the police, together with the name of the thief a map showing the place he lives.

The police did absolutely nothing! Even contacting higher level officers had no effect at all.

Thai friends told me this is not unusual at all for the Thai police.

The only thing they will help if offering the police 100K if they can get your car back. No money - no work.

Edited by kriswillems
  • Like 2

I agree there are too many holes in the story. Let me take a wild guess.

The GF gave up the car to borrow money to gamble. Probably only about 50k baht.

The OP knows that.

The OP is trying to find a way to get the car back without paying the ransom.

The police and insurance company have figured it out and won't help.

The car isn't stolen. It's collateral for a debt and that's why the ins. co. won't pay.

One more time a farang is bitten by a Thai bird and he's looking for a way around the loan sharks and it isn't going to happen. If anything, the police will get a cut of the 300k if the OP pays.

my thoughts too, but I have OP the benefit of the doubt

Wow so many guys who don't trust Thai woman,,

I wouldn't say I'm a veteran,but I've been coming since 2002,,,

I even stayed here for 4 years on the bounce,so I have met plenty of scams on my way,,,,

But I have been with my girlfriend yes girlfriend,,I haven't put silly string things on my head and wrists yet,,,although we did do the family wedding thing in buriram in 2005,

I laid down 150,000 for everyone to see,

Then when everyone finally f**cked off home,her mum gave it back to me...

Which I didn't expect as my brothers wife's family kept the lot,,,,

She gave it back as her mum knew we needed money for our shop,,,,

In 7 years I think I might have sent no more than 100,000,

The shop was doing well so there was no need to send money,,,

I could relax more in England with work,and all I need now is a flight ticket as I know she has money,,,

I can honestly say I have never seen her or any of their family gamble,,

They have Afew farms here,her younger brother gets about 3-4000b every other day from driving his tractor,,,

It's very very hard for me to believe that as money was never a problem...

But hay I could really really be slow...

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

Nobody believes a 30k insurance doesn't cover theft.

Which means she lied that the insurance doesn't cover theft.

Either

1) She pocketed the insurance money.

or

2) It wasn't stolen.

In either case she turns out untrustworthy, why don't you suggest an alternate theory to us?

• Like 2

her brother gets around 60,000 baht(20 days x 3,000 or 15 x 4,000) a month driving a tractor, come in spinner. Thats more than teachers and some business managers make, somehow I dont think you have been given the right numbers unless he makes it up to that through gambling, the thai minimum age is 300 baht a day and he gets 10 times that, I dont think so.

Edited by thaisaregrt
  • Like 2

Have to say it doesn't look good:

First Class insurance on my one year old Vigo costs 18k per year through Viriyah Insurance.

If the truck was on finance there would be theft insurance somewhere.

The gambling debt option seems probable, but even if it's not that, sounds like somebody's playing games somewhere.

A closer look at your insurance policy would be in order and then perhaps a chat with head office.

And then a lawyer.