If I pay 300,000 I can get my stolen car back

Ants

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Anyone who is actually look for assistance from the police in this country is in need of counseling. Last month my daughter had her motorbike stolen in Ari and when she went to the local station in Saphan Kwai they denied all knowledge. They told her she could look round the cage where they keep the bikes. No sign of her bike however , in the corner there is a tenement block for police housing and she ran across the yard against the wishes of the attending officer who had told her that the vehicles she could see in that area all belonged to officers residing in the tenement. Low and behold ,there was her 11 month old Honda with the numberplate and tax disc removed. All her personal belongings were also gone along with her helmet and there was a police document and two brass knuckle dusters in her seat box. which did not belong to her. These bastards had stolen the bike themselves and now they would do everything thing they could to protect their own. We had to get the log book and come back before they would release the bike.

End of story as no mater what you do nothing will happen. She was luck to get the dam thing back.

• Like 2

They are not being helpful at all,,

It feels like they are pointing the finger at us for getting it stolen,,

I payed about 30,000 for the year and they are sort of saying it doesn't cover theft.

We did a lot of our own investigation work by sticking a picture of the vehicle on Facebook,with many spots around chok chai and surin,,,

We told the insurers about what the police have said about paying the 300,000,

And the insurers agree it's the best idea to get our car back,,,,

Grrrrr

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Sorry but this can't be. We have had 3 new vehicles and none of them ever had high insurance like yours and they all covered theft. For our Triton it was B 20 000, Mazda 2 B 16000, Attrage B 15 000.

Anyone who is actually look for assistance from the police in this country is in need of counseling. Last month my daughter had her motorbike stolen in Ari and when she went to the local station in Saphan Kwai they denied all knowledge. They told her she could look round the cage where they keep the bikes. No sign of her bike however , in the corner there is a tenement block for police housing and she ran across the yard against the wishes of the attending officer who had told her that the vehicles she could see in that area all belonged to officers residing in the tenement. Low and behold ,there was her 11 month old Honda with the numberplate and tax disc removed. All her personal belongings were also gone along with her helmet and there was a police document and two brass knuckle dusters in her seat box. which did not belong to her. These bastards had stolen the bike themselves and now they would do everything thing they could to protect their own. We had to get the log book and come back before they would release the bike.

End of story as no mater what you do nothing will happen. She was luck to get the dam thing back.

One of the reasons BiB pay for THEIR job. sad.png

She left a photocopied document containing her cellphone number in the glove box, is that what you are(or she is) saying? Hmmmmm...starting to sound a little fishy to me, if you know what I mean. That's all I'll say.

Why does having papers in your own car that include your mobile number sound fishy to you? Most people carry insurance info, possibly registration or servicing records, etc. If you've been shopping you might shove some receipts with delivery info into the glove compartment,

"That's all I'll say."

You haven't said anything other than making some childish comment trying to imply that she's in league with car thieves in order to extort money for a car she's lost the use of and who waited a month to contact them.

Edited by Suradit69

People's minds will run away with them but it would sure be nice to know the details seeing as he asked for help and everything

Insurance company. Nearly everyone can't believe this one (I don't know about Thai insurance)

Was it gambling? How did the car get returned? Did he pay anything at all in the end? Lawyer?

Sadly it is this type of carry-on that keeps this country firmly on the borderline between developing nation and third world. There are some good eggs there, for sure, but the Thai police as a whole is just a disgrace and needs steamrolling. This moti sums them up right here ... bah.gif

Tax disc in Thailand on a motorcycle ? Really ?

Sure about that ? really ? You have a tax disc on a bike in Thailand?

A police document and 2 x brass knuckles left in the bikes storage under the seat ?

Your story has more holes than a fishing net.

Police had stolen the bike ? and taken it to a parking area in view from a recovered compound ?

Where a teenage girl could easily find it with a little look about.

Your daughter went a police station to report a lost bike and the police denied it?

The police station denied the bike was stolen ? but it was hidden in a police parking area ?

Bikes have log books in Thailand ? do they ? thought they had a single registration paper / slip thats a one off.

I smell BS and attention seeker

We have a small fashion shop for her in buriram,,,

She had business cards left in her car,,,

Along with her copied insurance details and our car finance details,,,

if the car is still on finance you dont own it anyway ?

until the last payment is made i think it legally belongs to the finance company

Doesn't help as he will still be responsible for the debt regardless.

Tax disc in Thailand on a motorcycle ? Really ?

Sure about that ? really ? You have a tax disc on a bike in Thailand?

A police document and 2 x brass knuckles left in the bikes storage under the seat ?

Your story has more holes than a fishing net.

Police had stolen the bike ? and taken it to a parking area in view from a recovered compound ?

Where a teenage girl could easily find it with a little look about.

Your daughter went a police station to report a lost bike and the police denied it?

The police station denied the bike was stolen ? but it was hidden in a police parking area ?

Bikes have log books in Thailand ? do they ? thought they had a single registration paper / slip thats a one off.

I smell BS and attention seeker

you obviously have never owned a new honda bike or have only bought second hand ones as my wifes honda has a log book and the tax disc is the registration papers that can be put on a disc or other secure keeper so they are on the bike. I suggest next time you try to check the facts before sticking your foot in your mouth, nice try to troll though

• Like 2

Like usual, a poster selectively posts information then requests insights into how to solve his dilemma, while ensuring no additional substantial information is forthcoming.

How many times have I read a simile story about a seemingly random shooting, theft, extortion, etc. when in fact it never really was random at all. The OP made a conscious choice to choose where to live, whom to associate with, whether or not to learn to speak and read Thai, etc. He now has to face the consequences for all those small choices that all combined have now resulted in a loss of his vehicle.

Police and insurance not want to help. Family not want to help. Something else is going on but of course the OP chooses not to reveal all as of course that would also expose the flaws in himself. How many of these posts do you read on here….always selective information.

Like that Jingthing guy in Pattaya attacked by the baht bus driver over 10 baht. Angry that people requested more information and sure enough….same here…..everytime.

Trust all advices. This happens at the Cambodian border. It was not stolen. Its there. Pay and you get the pick up back and they will show yo who had actually 'pawned' the vehicle. My friend husband did it before. Pay to see your card and all secrets you never expected will revealed. Its worth to pay the price to be utterly surprised. Sorry no means to be rude but just ....helping. Brace for the shock...btw don't need to look for cops...there is a loophole in the contract for this. They're legally covered.. Good luck.

And still OP has not told us which insurance company ????? Even if you¨re in London it's not so hard to pick up the phone to your GF and ask her to take a picture of the insurance doc and post it here!!!

OP is propably making this up or he is just another stupid farang scammed by his GF .

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

Sounds like an inside job.If I had A car worth some money,theft would definitely be on the insurance policy.I wouldn't pay money to get your car back.They could easily go do it again.Next time make sure you have theft insurance or don't buy the car.You can put anti thefts on cars.Also kill switches.

Sounds like an inside job.If I had A car worth some money,theft would definitely be on the insurance policy.I wouldn't pay money to get your car back.They could easily go do it again.Next time make sure you have theft insurance or don't buy the car.You can put anti thefts on cars.Also kill switches.

same thing happened a friends bike

it ran out of gas so he keft it on the side of the road and took a taxi home

went back the next day but bike stolen

all local stations advised to try another station ,nobody wanted to take a theft report

and when we asked whats the chances of it being recovered one of them laughed and

said maybe 10% if your lucky ......

i know and have seen the police drive up and down in pickups lifting motorbikes and taking them away

but they must get chopped up or maybe sold in the police auction and fitted with brown plates

Obviously if you leave your property by the side of the road you're making a donation to whoever wants to pick it up. Especially OVERNIGHT???

Totally fair enough for anyone to think it's abandoned, the person taking it isn't even stealing anymore.

If this happened to me, I would somehow check or suggest my girlfriend show her deposit account. The vehicle insurance policy is typically written in Thai and it will have a section for theft. It's possible that my THAI girlfriend called the insurance company and gave them her bank account number of where to send the insurance coverage money and then turn around and tell me (because I don't read THAI) that the insurance company doesn't cover for theft. This is known as a double edge fool-proof scam. Ok, it goes something like this: Girlfriend has vehicle stolen leaving copy of insurance document, address, phone contact information etc...in the glove box. Car gets stolen girlfriend calls police to report the theft and gets a record/police report. Calls insurance company and reports vehicle stolen and the police report gets sent to the insurance company. Girlfriend makes up story to boyfriend that even you have good insurance the insurance doesn't pay for theft. You believe your girlfriend because you love or trust her. Besides, you don't read or speak THAI so you basically have to trust and rely on everything she tells you. So now you believe that your insurance company will not pay. One month later you get a call that someone has your car and it cost 200-300,000 baht to release it. If you eventually accept and pay the money, there is a likelihood that some of that money will filter back to the girlfriend. On the other hand, if you decide not to pay the extortion fees the girlfriend still gets the insurance money.

Of course! if you pay 25-30,000 baht per year you will get good enough insurance to pay some percentage of the value of the vehicle if it's stolen. I don't know of any current vehicle insurance costing 25-30,000 baht per year that doesn't pay some percentage for vehicle theft. It may be well worth it to have the insurance policy translated from a reputable service company. So that's it, the double scam. Just from one vehicle being stolen with this type scam a girlfriend has the potential of making a lot of money especially if the boyfriend pays the extortion money too. Hope this doesn't happen to you...

• Like 1

her brother gets around 60,000 baht(20 days x 3,000 or 15 x 4,000) a month driving a tractor, come in spinner. Thats more than teachers and some business managers make, somehow I dont think you have been given the right numbers unless he makes it up to that through gambling, the thai minimum age is 300 baht a day and he gets 10 times that, I dont think so.

U need to get put more matey, its 5k a day here for a tractor, trust me a lot of Thais are earning WAY more than 300 baht a day especially in BKK ,try 100+k a month

Indeed, some do, but most don't. Many are still below the 300 baht for normal jobs, and when it comes to the poor ole Burmese...

LOL...seriously???? You are saying that there are many Thai's making 100,000 baht a month??? That is more that 3000 USD. ! No wonder everyone is sneaking in the country to work at these outstanding paying jobs.

All kidding aside....We know a few chosen ones make that much. Certainly not a tractor driver. I am going to let you google the average wages per job category yourself. It is actually in the 8-30 thousand bracket.