If I pay 300,000 I can get my stolen car back

Ants

Anyone who is actually look for assistance from the police in this country is in need of counseling. Last month my daughter had her motorbike stolen in Ari and when she went to the local station in Saphan Kwai they denied all knowledge. They told her she could look round the cage where they keep the bikes. No sign of her bike however , in the corner there is a tenement block for police housing and she ran across the yard against the wishes of the attending officer who had told her that the vehicles she could see in that area all belonged to officers residing in the tenement. Low and behold ,there was her 11 month old Honda with the numberplate and tax disc removed. All her personal belongings were also gone along with her helmet and there was a police document and two brass knuckle dusters in her seat box. which did not belong to her. These bastards had stolen the bike themselves and now they would do everything thing they could to protect their own. We had to get the log book and come back before they would release the bike.

End of story as no mater what you do nothing will happen. She was luck to get the dam thing back.

Tax disc in Thailand on a motorcycle ? Really ?

Sure about that ? really ? You have a tax disc on a bike in Thailand?

A police document and 2 x brass knuckles left in the bikes storage under the seat ?

Your story has more holes than a fishing net.

Police had stolen the bike ? and taken it to a parking area in view from a recovered compound ?

Where a teenage girl could easily find it with a little look about.

Your daughter went a police station to report a lost bike and the police denied it?

The police station denied the bike was stolen ? but it was hidden in a police parking area ?

Bikes have log books in Thailand ? do they ? thought they had a single registration paper / slip thats a one off.

I smell BS and attention seeker

You should refrain from commenting on something you clearly have no idea about because not only do motorcyles have tax discs they also have a registration book....it is green.

As for the rest of the story Iam surprised that the girlie was able to ID her 11 month old scooter because unless it was customized in some way it would have looked like any other Honda of that model, age and colour.

• Like 1

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

her brother gets around 60,000 baht(20 days x 3,000 or 15 x 4,000) a month driving a tractor, come in spinner. Thats more than teachers and some business managers make, somehow I dont think you have been given the right numbers unless he makes it up to that through gambling, the thai minimum age is 300 baht a day and he gets 10 times that, I dont think so.

Can't count the cost of renting a tractor+driver with straight wages.

And not too many of these entrepreneurs are maxed out like that, limited seasons only.

Sorry to hear of your bad luck , I also had my pick up truck stolen . I found my truck and know who stole it , they changed the registration in surantani with corrupt lawyers and forging my signature , I have all the proof but the police will not arrest the persons and the dept of motor vehicles and the police are part of this scam . I have my truck now but the thief's borrowed 350 000 baht from a local bank on the same block as the dept of motor vehicles . so the title is in the thief's name , a falang with thai partners , where's the justice ?

• Like 1

Anyone who is actually look for assistance from the police in this country is in need of counseling. Last month my daughter had her motorbike stolen in Ari and when she went to the local station in Saphan Kwai they denied all knowledge. They told her she could look round the cage where they keep the bikes. No sign of her bike however , in the corner there is a tenement block for police housing and she ran across the yard against the wishes of the attending officer who had told her that the vehicles she could see in that area all belonged to officers residing in the tenement. Low and behold ,there was her 11 month old Honda with the numberplate and tax disc removed. All her personal belongings were also gone along with her helmet and there was a police document and two brass knuckle dusters in her seat box. which did not belong to her. These bastards had stolen the bike themselves and now they would do everything thing they could to protect their own. We had to get the log book and come back before they would release the bike.

End of story as no mater what you do nothing will happen. She was luck to get the dam thing back.

A police document and 2 x brass knuckles left in the bikes storage under the seat ?

Police had stolen the bike ? and taken it to a parking area in view from a recovered compound ?

Your daughter went a police station to report a lost bike and the police denied it?

The police station denied the bike was stolen ? but it was hidden in a police parking area ?

Bikes have log books in Thailand ? do they ? thought they had a single registration paper / slip thats a one off.

You don't know much about Thailand do you.........rolleyes.gif .........really...........facepalm.gif

her brother gets around 60,000 baht(20 days x 3,000 or 15 x 4,000) a month driving a tractor, come in spinner. Thats more than teachers and some business managers make, somehow I dont think you have been given the right numbers unless he makes it up to that through gambling, the thai minimum age is 300 baht a day and he gets 10 times that, I dont think so.

U need to get put more matey, its 5k a day here for a tractor, trust me a lot of Thais are earning WAY more than 300 baht a day especially in BKK ,try 100+k a month

Indeed, some do, but most don't. Many are still below the 300 baht for normal jobs, and when it comes to the poor ole Burmese...

LOL...seriously???? You are saying that there are many Thai's making 100,000 baht a month??? That is more that 3000 USD. ! No wonder everyone is sneaking in the country to work at these outstanding paying jobs.

All kidding aside....We know a few chosen ones make that much. Certainly not a tractor driver. I am going to let you google the average wages per job category yourself. It is actually in the 8-30 thousand bracket.

You've got your quoting mixed up. wink.png

Yes, a guy with a tractor can make that much money. However constant working is doubtful. There is only a few times a year they can work full time. Then the rest of the year it's a job here and there if they can find work.

To clear a field they charge anywhere from 800-1000B per rai depending on how many trees, shrubs. etc need to be cleared. If just ploughing a field already cleared the cost is between 300-400b rai. Has nothing to do with minimum wage. You are paying to get a field cleared or ploughed. You need to think about the guy needs to get a return on his investment of buying a tractor, plus operation costs etc. It's not just about paying a wage.

To the OP; as mentioned many times in this thread you paid way too much for insurance. I have top class insurance on my truck. One it was only 1 year old the best insurance I could get was 22,000B. Now the truck being 3 years old the best insurance I can get was 18,000B, however this did include a discount for no claims.I dont see anyway you can pay 30k for Insurance. Also, you last posting looks like you are not in Thailand? If so are you sure you really are getting the real story. You were talking like you where here and ready to go see these guys. You never answered if the truck is in your name or not.

Why are you commenting on something you are obviously absolutely clueless about?

Motorcycles have a log book, 24 pages with a green cover detailing owner, registration, frame and engine numbers.

Tax is paid annually and shown by a 'disc' either stuck or displayed in a holder fixed to the bike.

As someone wrote earlier, this appears to be the ultimate 'foot-in-mouth' post.

Yes, motorcycles in Thailand have tax discs. Really! I'm sure!

Yes, bikes have log books. They're commonly known as 'green books'. Really! I'm sure!

I've owned 4 bikes here.

Maybe you'll engage your brain before typing out any more wank posts.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

• Like 2

As someone wrote earlier, this appears to be the ultimate 'foot-in-mouth' post.

Yes, motorcycles in Thailand have tax discs. Really! I'm sure!

Yes, bikes have log books. They're commonly known as 'green books'. Really! I'm sure!

I've owned 4 bikes here.

Maybe you'll engage your brain before typing out any more wank posts.

Suzuki GSX-R1000 L3 182 hp in-line 4 Superbike

Think Tycoon is sulking in his tycooness now..............laugh.png

It's only a 3 year old pickup not a vintage Ferrari. Go and buy a good secondhand pickup and. In fact tell yr go that's what you are going to do and see what happens. If she agrees then do it and all is well. If she argues like hell then that's a different truth

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thanks for the few of you with good advice,,,

80% of you said it was my other half,when in fact it wasn't,,,

You lot have really been stung by Thai woman in the past,,,

Yet I bet you all have one at home,,,

The main thing is we got the car back with help from our finance company,,,

So thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

You never did give us the name of the expensive insurance company!!!

Toyota hilux 3.0 black,,

3 yrs old,,,

She was stupid enough to leave photo copied documents in her glove box,,,

Her bank was the first thing we cancelled,,,,

Sad, but it is probably your best option in getting your truck back. But nobody says you can't negotiate a price with them. Just like you are buying it the first time.Tell them you want it back but it is broken down as you can't afford to fix it right now. As you don't have that much money right now, or it is not worth fixing. Then make an offer in cash. Go low and work your way up. It is not a new Mercedes! Older trucks are harder for them to get rid of. That's why the called you in the first place.

If it makes your wife feel any better, most people leave things in their glove box that can trace them back to where they live, and or telephone number. With an address there is a Mail Box, which anyone can pretend to be delivering a Flyer, and check out further. How many things in the mail do you receive that has your name, address, and telephone number on it? Keep in mind that if she didn't leave something, you had no way of ever getting this truck back, and like you do now. Lock on your Mail Box? Do you check the rubbish you have thrown out lately?

I first heard of this many years ago when it happened to my x-wife's uncle, in the land of the Kings of Auto Theft, Poland. Only country where I saw Business Men walking around suit and tie and holding their car radio in their hands like a Brief Case. Reminded me of Mr. Bean and him walking around with his car's steering wheel. Anyway, he decided not to pay on a matter of principle and thought he was covered by insurance, which he was not fully covered. Ended up paying far more than buying it back from the crooks.

I agree with your wife. Don't get personally involved! They may not be the Mafia, as we know them, but they are probably Organized Criminals, and not a couple of Teenagers going on a joy ride. They found your wife's cell phone number! They know where she lives, or at least goes to time to time. If they found her they can find you. Perhaps on Facebook. So please don't make it worst for yourself. You are not Columbo! Negotiate! Pay Up! And be more careful the next time! Or move on! I think the best advice anyone here can give you right now.

Oh Ya! If you carry House Insurance check into that also under theft. Items stolen while sitting on or in your property may be covered, including cars, boats, and such.

sounds like the car was collateral on a gambling debt

i would talk to the wife and see if shes been playing poker .......

youd be an idiot to buy your own car back for 300k

what would stop them from taking it again ?

There is a code of "Honour Among Thieves"!

They will rob the same condo many times. But if you pay up you would never see them again.

If the car is financed there will be theft insurance, otherwise you would not be able to get financing. Let the finance company look after it and don't make anymore payments.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ 6 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Talk to the finance company may help. It also may make them ask you for full payment immediately.

Personally, if your wife got a bank loan, I wouldn't ruin that over 300,000 Baht. Who know when she might want to finance something for her business or a bigger house.

cheesy.gif

Sorry my girlfriend and I, are in stitches from laughter.

Do you write the PIN on the back of your ATM cards too?

Leave the keys to your house in the front door when you go out?

w00t.gif

I knew a guy personally who left the keys in his car and running as it was winter time and cold outside. It was late at night with nobody around and he just slipped into a 7-11 to get a pack of smokes with his car parked outside running, and in front of the big picture widow. When he got outside it was gone.

Stupid? Perhaps! But things like this happen all the time. Auto Theft is still one of the largest crimes in the Americas and Europe! If people were always so careful, how could this be?

Oh Ya! His wife wasn't a Drug Addict or had Gambling Debts either.

Manarak,,,,

I've already approached plod with that idea,,,

But they want nothing to do with it,,

It's becoming very very frustrating,,,

Visit another station and tell them a slightly different story, tell them you know where the car is but fear to take it back alone. And tell them nothing about the "ransom story".

Right

And go there without your girlfriend and with a reputable lawyer (who doesnt know your girlfriend).

Either your girlfriends family or her real boyfriend ran up a gambling debt. So car was given in hock.

Im assuming she has the green book? Or let me guess that was "left in glove box also"

Usually when you pawn a car they take both the green book and the car (as well as a signed contract).

OP as hard as it may be to accept it is time to consider the true possibility that the GF is responsible. Far too many eye witness accounts of long term relationships failing due to games of chance. Probably a good time to check with the bank to see what has been hocked or not paid too.

• Like 1

Can we close this thread. Can't be any use discussing something which was obviously just a fishing expedition. However, I may have missed the OP's post of how he came about his car being returned by the finance company, couldn't I?

Nooooooooooooo, OP is working on an explanation right now.............whistling.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Got the car back so don't need to explain previous comments,,,

Took good advice from some and it worked,,,

Just got bored of the usual,,she's a gambling,whore paying off debts crap,,,,,

A lot got a full explanation on how we got it back,,

But hay

A reported post has been removed:

In using Thai Visa I agree:

1) To respect fellow members.

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.