DTAC stupidity... again

gmeddy

SO... first question, how do I send an email to DTAC asking for help? Their stupid web site doesn't seem to supply it.

And does anyone know of a good Dtac agent I can speak with who knows their stuff?

Here's my story:

I used to use the key codes to activate data packages so that I had internet on my phone. Something like 200B for 250MB which lasts a month...

But then I registered with their web site and found that there is an option to change to other payment plans.

So I selected one with this description:

Smartphone 299B/month*
Enjoy calling any networks 100 minutes, Unlimited Internet with 500 MB FUP

It is supposed to be a ​recurring monthly package.

This is where it get's very frustrating.

at the end of the month, the last day before the expiration date, I get this message:

ระบบจะต่อ โปร Smartphone รายเดือนแบบต่ออายุอัตโนมัติ 299 บาท วันที่ 25-01-2014 00:00 น. กรุณาเติมเงินให้พอค่ะ

Which I ask a Thai I know who speaks english to read and explain to me, and they tell me it means, as I would have expected, that my monthly promotion is about to expire and that I need to have at least 299 baht in my account credit so that it can go ahead and recur...

Yesterday I went to the Big C Extra on Pattaya Central rd, and asked the Dtac office girl, and she seemed as incompetent as is usual, knew less than me about it all, and just took money to make up my balance over 299 B.

So after that, I've got 350+ baht there for it to use up... midnight comes and goes, and I get this message:

ระบบยกเลิกโปรสมาร์ทโฟนรายเดือนแบบต่ออายุอัตโนมัติ299บ. รอบถัดไปแล้วค่ะ

แพ็กเน็ตไม่จำกัด 500MB ได้ถูกยกเลิกแล้ว สมัครใช้แพ็กอื่นโทร*10041

ระบบไม่สามารถต่อ โปร Smartphone รายเดือนแบบต่ออายุอัตโนมัติ 299 บาท เพราะยอดเงินคงเหลือไม่เพียงพอ กรุณาเติมเงิน และสมัครใหม่โทร*1003

Basically again telling me that my promotion has expired and I need to have 299 Baht on hand to reactivate it.

But I had 320 baht on hand in my account when they cancelled it!

I still have over 300 baht in my account and they have cancelled my promotion again!

This is the 3rd time I've been through this with my phone as well as my wive's phone!

When I go into my account on the web site there is no option available to simply reactivate my promotion, and the only way I have found to get around it is to choose a ​new promotion, something either cheaper or more expensive, and change over to that. But then at the end of the month the same thing happens again!

If I don't do something about it quickly, my internet usage uses us all my baht credit.

If anyone knows of a good DTAC agent who knows what they are doing, can you please let me know so I can go talk with them?

Why don't you refill your money before it expires, it would be a lot smarter and you wouldn't have to get mad at these monkeys !

Don't expect online help, I asked how to get more validity and the online batch who hardly speaks English replied me that it is not possible because of my promotion BUT

- I never selected any promotion

- Why this retarded cannot tell me to change my promotion and then extend my validity ? (what I finally found by myself)

I know that they are all like this here, but it's getting boring...

yes, the phone packages can be really baffling.

I'm on postpaid, and my package has worked (roaming) for about 2 weeks in Switzerland after I had talked to their hotline, but then it stopped without an explanation!

I tried their hotline already (international number +66 2202 8100, but service didn't resume :-(

• Like 1

Why don't you refill your money before it expires, it would be a lot smarter and you wouldn't have to get mad at these monkeys !

If you read my OP again, I clearly said that I did make sure I had enough credit on my card before midnight came and I got cut off again.

That's the whole reason I'm [bleeeeep]-ing frustrated!

Throw your SIM card away and buy another one with a smart internet package prepaid that is not a promotion package. . I had the same problem with AIS, used the 799 BHT 3 GB monthly internet package, after having used up the 3 GB two weeks later, I choose a 250 MB promotion to extend, then found out the package and the promotion didn't work together fine as both were recurring and the intercepted with each other or whatever. In an AIS shop the clerks helped me cancel the promotion. If you don't find a DTAC shop willing to help throw away the SIM and get a new one is the option.

All this is the madness / illogical / pea-brain stuff Thailand offers. It will never change.

I reduce this frustrating nonsense 99% by asking my Thai wife to deal with all matters, 3BB True etc and she does seem to make good headway.

To set up a simple Direct Debit with Bupa took 7 weeks. And they back-dated my subscription 2 weeks. Total illogical madness was the reason why they did this. I could be pulling my hair out, but am not, because they screwed up on my subscription age-band rate, putting me down 1 age-band, saving me 12,000 baht for the year.

• Like 1