Singha stops with the 63cl bottle?

Jack Mountain

I would not drink something that tasted like horse piss on a bet.

But I guess if one is that desperate for an alcohol fix horse piss is not that bad huh?

if you want a good beer try something from belgium or germany

thai beers are only useful for their alcohol content -why else would anyone drink them ?

lets face it all Thai beer is awful due to the preservatives,i drink singha because it gives me less of a hangover than leo,where i wake up feeling like Dr mengele has been working on me at open brain surgery above my right eye,or chang,where i spend the rest of the next day feeling as if i have been drugged,oh for some aussie cascade lager where you can drink 12+ stubbies and wake up feeling as fresh as a daisy because- no preservatives.

This is an issue? Really?

Maybe I'm missing something - what possible difference would the size of the bottle make? Just buy a couple more of them.

Or does your diabetes require precisely calibrating your ounces per hour or something?

Maybe I'm missing something - what possible difference would the size of the bottle make? Just buy a couple more of them.

Or does your diabetes require precisely calibrating your ounces per hour or something?

Yes, you are missing something that everyone else has worked out.

Try other glasses ...

its only an issue if the new 500ml costs the same as the old 630ml

if it were about 20% cheaper i dont think anyone would care but since alcohol

has gotten 33% more expensive in the last 6 months this would be an additional

kick in the teeth for drinkers of horse piss singha beer

Yes if there is anything that gets the expats up in arms its the price of alcohol.

Not exactly on topic, I know, but does anyone know why most Asian countries use a 630cc bottle as standard? I would have assumed that old British colonies would use some version of the British pint, and French or Dutch ex-colonies something more akin to the litre (e.g the new 500cc Singha bottle.)

I think that Singha are just following the world-wide move to standardise sizes. Even in UK now most bottled beer has moved from 1 pint to 500cc. and canned beers are nearly always either 1/3rd of a litre or 1/2 of a litre.

Not exactly on topic, I know, but does anyone know why most Asian countries use a 630cc bottle as standard? I would have assumed that old British colonies would use some version of the British pint, and French or Dutch ex-colonies something more akin to the litre (e.g the new 500cc Singha bottle.)

I think that Singha are just following the world-wide move to standardise sizes. Even in UK now most bottled beer has moved from 1 pint to 500cc. and canned beers are nearly always either 1/3rd of a litre or 1/2 of a litre.

uk and ireland and scotland use 330ml bottles and 500ml cans last time i checked but its been awhile

Brits in Thailand are frothing at the mouth instead of frothing in their beer glasses. Those interfering eurocrats in Brussels have ordered Singha Beer to reduce the size of their bottles to 500 mi.

"Leave our Singha alone, Garcon!" say Fred and Harold when interviewed in the notorious Soi Bua Cow Red-Light district. "A large bottle from 7-11 used to do me for 20 minutes," said Fred, "but now I am buying a new one every 5 minutes. My pension won't last till the end of the month."

This is what I read in the Daily Mail.

But I guess if one is that desperate for an alcohol fix horse piss is not that bad huh?

thai beers are only useful for their alcohol content -why else would anyone drink them ?

Price.

Especially when compared to imprted European beers.

Price.

Especially when compared to imprted European beers.

thats the differnce in drinking quality or drinking horse piss

choose your poison carefully ;)

...duh...obviously only good for the shareholders....