Moto GP - WSBK - 2014

soihok

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am looking forward to see what sort of impression the Aprilla will make , the SBK version looks a good package , and I think Stefan Bradl is set to ride the Motogp version.

I agree with you Kwasaki , some of these rules are getting bloody ridiculous.

Glad your in the frame there's only a few here really on this thread and nice guys, 'Bikes in Thailand forum' is like 'General topics' or worse if there is one. laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

• Like 1

Has Smith been signed up by anybody , rumour has it he is on his way out of Tech 3 ?

No, no contract yet. There's still a chance he stays with Herve, but I agree that it looks unlikely.

I think his best bet would be alongside Bradl at Forward.

Edited by Overandout

Redding's Honda is about 20 kph slower than the other Q2 bikes down the main straight.

Considering this, position he attained makes this an impressive qualifying performance.

http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/207524/1/redding-top-speed-not-fair-says-gresini.html

I'm going to miss the races xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.5zxzyGiJz0.png

Edited by soihok

Marc takes his usual start position, laugh.png 2 tens quicker than anyone else.

Dovi 2nd pole hope he can keep it up in the race otherwise the qualifying tyres used instead of race tyres just becomes a joke.

Jorge is looking good & Vale is up there but has to find another 5 tens of a sec for the race to keep up.

Dani 7 tens down from pole but I still go with him being in top 3.

131.6 Marc and Scott 132.7 not bad for a slow bike.

• Like 1

I download cause it's the cheapest way for me and hope BT Sport put Indianapolis on torrent as they have done with all the other 9 races so far.

The only one that was available was Fox 1 sport it has to be the worst coverage of MotoGP I've ever seen in memory.

Finally got to see the races last night.

Moto 3 just doesn't disappoint does it? Good to see Miller maturing as the season progresses. Fenati also seems to be improving.

Moto 2 was good just to see Kalio getting up there to challenge Rabat. To think that a few years ago Kalio was on the verge of quitting bikes completely... By the way I have read that Marc VDS squad next year will be three bikes, Rabat, Rins and Alex Marquez. Kalio is looking to return to MGP with an open bike.

I actually thought that MGP might have another winner for a while there! Rossi was ultra-aggressive!! But Dovi hasn't been very vocal in his complaints.

Scott is showing why he really should have Bautista's bike next year also.

• Like 2

Love these moto3 races , 1st to 7th in one corner and back to first again by the end of the lap......Commentators nightmare but great racing and good to watch.

What feed do you watch on? I know that Keith Huewen is getting a lot of stick on BT Sport.

I watch on Fox Sports HD (Truevisions) so I get the MotoGP.com feed, also supplied to broadcasters who are too tight to have their own commentators.

They are a bit cringeworthy but I have noticed that the sound quality has improved considerably since the start of the season. I used to have the have the sound really high to try to hear what they were saying, which made the bikes too loud for comfort / sleeping kids / neighbours, but now the commentary is clear at reasonable volumes.

I think Melandri has had his time in GP. I'd rather see Petrucci on Aprilia.

How many bikes are they planning to run anyway?

It probably depends on what grid slots they can get. Apparently Paul Bird wants 2 million Euros for his two allocations…

Sent from a telephone, which make and model is no concern of yours….

Yes like many I also watched Indy on replay due to the late show time.

Was pretty good although ended the same as the last 9 wink.png

Well lets see tomorrow & hope Yammie has a good day too & at least makes Marc work all race long.

Saw Smith gets another chance & hope he uses it well.

He is one of those that can go well but is plagued by offs/inconsistency

You know at Yamaha Rossi has been a big surprise to me this year.

At times I hope he does well & other times hope he does not hold up any chasers once Marc gets ahead.

But still very quick & cant take that away from him as he has really been the most consistent in getting ahead

albeit not able to capitalize on it

I agree , I think Rossi has been a lot better than I expected , Lorenzo is starting to pick up again , he appeared lazy before , sort of accepted defeat as soon as he was passed.

Come on boys gotta keep Marquez honest , get stuck into him. ( easier said than done I know )

I agree , I think Rossi has been a lot better than I expected , Lorenzo is starting to pick up again , he appeared lazy before , sort of accepted defeat as soon as he was passed.

Come on boys gotta keep Marquez honest , get stuck into him. ( easier said than done I know )

Yes I think of the rest Lorenzo & even Pedrosa are the best chances to keep MM on his toes.

Heck at times I think if Ducati were a better bike Dovisioso would be scrapping with MM too.

But I also think the main difference is MM is young & has the eye looking at the prize.

Willing to risk it all

He has not had any really damaging MotoGP crashes so he is still fearless & willing to risk

it all for the crown even if it means shunting his teammate or Lorenzo mid corner etc.

Letting it hang out further in the slides & being the Honda is what it is he gets away with a lot.

One thing Honda has always done right is build the super ridable bike & add power. Ducati went super power

& then tried to get the bike to handle it...not working wink.png

All the rest have had serious injuries so it shows in their risk/reward willingness

to let it all hang out.

Edited by mania
  • Like 2

Yeah. Good call Rossi was fastest in fp4 but threw his bike down trying too hard and damaging his left little finger in the process ( nothing serious ) . And when qualifying started VR seemed to be over cautious as did Jorge as well. Two of the ducati's were flying able to get #2 and #3 grid positions.

Going to miss the races again today, for one reason or another.

MM going for number 12 straight win (what is the record for this and who holds it?).

Brad Smith is very lucky to be holding onto his ride for 2015, with regards to Cal C sticking with Ducati again I can only think that he had limited options available (while still maintaining status as a factory rider).

I do hope it goes better next year for the both of them (especially Cal).

Honestly, I was expecting a Tech 3 team of Espargaro x 2.

Enjoy the action !!!!

• Like 2

Going to miss the races again today, for one reason or another.

MM going for number 12 straight win (what is the record for this and who holds it?).

Brad Smith is very lucky to be holding onto his ride for 2015, with regards to Cal C sticking with Ducati again I can only think that he had limited options available (while still maintaining status as a factory rider).

I do hope it goes better next year for the both of them (especially Cal).

Honestly, I was expecting a Tech 3 team of Espargaro x 2.

Enjoy the action !!!!

The record for straight wins in one season was 10, Agostini in 1968. Those 10 races were the entire season, so MM would not be the first to win every race if he does so.

BTW, you do know that Cal is at LCR Honda next year don't you?

• Like 2

MM is going for 11th in a row this season. They usually state the records per season.

He has equaled Giacomo Agostini 10 in a row/season although AG set it

3 times or 3 seasons 1968,1969 & 1970 & if he goes 11 he will have beat that one

But they only had 10 per season back then

Next to beat is Mick Doohan with 12 in a season set in 1997

Agostini won every race in a season in 1968

but they only had 10 500cc races in 1968 & 11 races in 1969/70

Still a way to go to equal the full career stats of like

Rossi with 80 MotoGP wins or 106 counting all classes

Augostini on top with 122 total wins

But MM is young & if he stays healthy who knows eh?

Edited by mania
  • Like 1