Renting.. standard contract

Here you go mate - follow this thread to get the .pdf http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/563686-house-rental-contract-soft-copy-example/

Be very aware, if you pull out before the contract your deposit is gone.

In my experience, rent here for 12 m, pay 1m deposit, there's no way you gonna get the deposit back.

You will have to stay 13m. Cheers, AA

Here you go mate - follow this thread to get the .pdf http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/563686-house-rental-contract-soft-copy-example/

Be very aware, if you pull out before the contract your deposit is gone.

In my experience, rent here for 12 m, pay 1m deposit, there's no way you gonna get the deposit back.

You will have to stay 13m. Cheers, AA

Yet more absolute <deleted> on this forum. I've always had my deposit back in full, including once a few days before I moved out because the landlord was going away. A poll on here a while back also showed that nearly every got full deposit back, while a few had some minor deductions. What you write is utter nonsense.

• Like 1

The land department provides FREE rental agreements in Thai but they are not very good.

An agreement only in English is valid, but if contested in Court, would need to be translated.

If you talk about a REAL LEASE AGREEMENT OF 30 YEARS, make it done by professional. It will cost you about 5,000 to 10,000 baht.

But if they know their field, they will make you 2 or 3 contracts with several options that you normally don't see.

1) A simple lease so the land department will accept it, put clauses for sub-leasing

2) You make a complex addendum, private agreement, adding info about future construction, option to purchase, future renewals, etc.

3) I would add a declaration of intention to renew, to bind the heirs retroactively according to clause 168 of Civil code, so your lease could be good for 60 years.

4) You make a receipt of 60 years paid, instead of 30 years, also not given to land department. So it makes it stronger for renewal and you could make it for 90 years, depending how it is worded but I would not guarantee the third renewal.

We do all these documents (4 documents in total) for 6,700 baht, Thai and English, personalised, legal advice included and others. I don't think any template of the government will be as good!!!! :)