5 Russians Fall Victim To Yet Another Jet Ski Scam

Rimmer

Maybe the problem is that the salty H2O sea water in Pattaya is the hard water H2O2 version. No way to take a ride whithout some form of damage...whistling.gif ...

H2O2 is not a "hard water" it's a hydrogen peroxide....

hard water is H2D, where D is deuterium.

By the way, look on the picture, these guys look more like Arabs than Russians.

I stand corrrected.

Thanks.

Here is the correct formula:

Heavy water, formally called deuterium oxide or 2H2O or D2O

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are rented motor scooters any better? Do the math, if the scooter is brand new and being paid off, how many days do you have to rent it out before you actually own it? And by then all you have is a thrashed piece of ....... no good for anything, worthless. How can you possibly make money from renting a scooter for 200 Baht a day? Just hope the dick renting it has an accident............ whistling.gif

Maybe you would think different if they crashed into you? What is wrong with you to wish accidents on anyone!

Edited by Rimmer
Profanity
  • Like 1

Maybe the problem is that the salty H2O sea water in Pattaya is the hard water H2O2 version. No way to take a ride whithout some form of damage...whistling.gif ...

I stand corrrected.

Thanks.

Here is the correct formula:

Heavy water, formally called deuterium oxide or 2H2O or D2O

I left science behind me years ago, but the only hard water of which I am aware is the version which contains too much calcium carbonate and coats the element of kettles. Heavy water is, or was, used in the manufacture of hydrogen bombs and in the operation of reactors.

Not often I post, but, this paradise is really going down the road to destruction. Before you say it, ... Yep time to leave. Sorry Thailand you can't even respect your own people, it's gonna be hard for a Falang to stay here..My question is where to go to retire? With the need for safety and a few sexy pole dancers..

Are rented motor scooters any better? Do the math, if the scooter is brand new and being paid off, how many days do you have to rent it out before you actually own it? And by then all you have is a thrashed piece of ....... no good for anything, worthless. How can you possibly make money from renting a scooter for 200 Baht a day? Just hope the dick renting it has an accident............ whistling.gif

Maybe you would think different if they crashed into you? What is wrong with you to wish accidents on anyone!

I think you missed the original sarcasm in the original post? Prior to going off

Edited by Rimmer

5555+ It is becoming so funny that people do not know about this scam. I start to understand the Thai and would never stop my scam if I was them ! Just would like to see their houses in ESAAN and their supercars !

Would you expect all tourists to know of it? The really hilarious thing is that the TAT continue to talk up tourism numbers while failing to realise that these scams are just one problem that they have abysmally failed to address and which will have the opposite effect to their optimistic drivel.

• Like 1

H2D = Heavy water, methinks.

Oops

Right, so they hit some hard or heavy water, well done for the 1 million miles off topic post!

You get the impression that they seemed to admit they had damaged the jet-skis and it was just a matter of compensation levels.

But still this makes me ashamed of Pattaya and some of the local people, people who smiled and would go out of their way to provide good service when I first visited Thailand a long time ago.

Now they don't deserve to have tourists....I agree, jet-skis banned on all Pattaya beach and let the vermin complain.

Russians caught-up in Pattaya Jet Ski Scam

russia-11.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Despite numerous assurances from the local authorities that Jet Ski Scams were being dealt with, they continue to occur on a regular basis and appear to involve local authority workers.

In the early hours of Sunday 5 Russians aged between 22 and 27 were taken to Pattaya Police Station by a Thai friend, who encouraged the men to report the alleged scam which saw them pay a total of 113,000 Baht for alleged damage caused to 5 Jet Ski’s they had rented on Pattaya Beach just after 4pm on Saturday afternoon.

When the men returned to the beach the Jet Ski Operators claimed that each of the Jet Ski’s had sustained damage and demanded the money be paid to cover the cost of repairs. Initially the men refused to pay until two men in brown uniforms arrived who looked similar to Police Officers. They were later identified as Pattaya City Security Officers who have no powers of arrest but warned the men that they would be arrested if they did not pay the money.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/116484/russians-caught-up-in-pattaya-jet-ski-scam/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2014-01-27

Lets hope the guy in the yellow shirt doesn't drop the cigarette butt......................More probs...............coffee1.gif

I think you missed the original sarcasm in the original post? Prior to going off

Apologies if that is the case, i will check. wai2.gif

Let's hope for the the scammers sake, that they havent pissed off the wrong Russians wink.png

No, let's hope they have!

If it was the wrong Russians they would not have gone to the police

Oh yeah, thanks so much clap2.gif

My day will be so much better now after your little, pedantic, stating the obvious comment.

as opposed to your contribution of observational gold sir?

Let's hope for the the scammers sake, that they havent pissed off the wrong Russians wink.png

Lets hope they HAVE w00t.gif

these boys are too young to be "wrong".

Yes but they all have connections back home. lets hope some angry uncle decides to come over and teach them a lesson. (wishful thinking unfortunately) clap2.gif

Perhaps there was some damage otherwise why would they have been so willing to come up with even 100 baht?

I realize that perhaps to Russians the notion of getting "arrested" by "police" is very real and scary as they come from a powerful police state and know that once in custody it can be hard to escape.

We can give benefit of doubt to the jet ski operators that there was damage,.. and perhaps the "anti" was raised by using the fear factor?

Seriously ??? After all what people says here about this scam and after so many cases when not only Russian were ripped of this is what you are thinking about this... ?

When is the Russian mafia finally going to put an end to this scam and take all the business for themselves?? It would be like taking candy from a baby and I'm surprised they

have allowed this farce to go on for as long as it has. The Thai authorities are obviously not going to to a dam thing about it and could care less.

Why should the Russian mob have any interest in operating the dodgy jet-ski business ?

They have more bigger fish to fry.

Edited by Yahooka

te bi pobem is ta te rusians speek only russian ,te englis speek only englis and te thai speek only thai ,camai,litebit englis.....

So te thai is mor educated ,tooo smart for simple farang,so farang pay ....tis is life in ze jungle !

Solly for 1 or 2 mistaak.whistling.gif

there was an ex tourist police volunteer on a thread under the pattaya section who refused to believe that scams were going on....his words were, from the inside of soi 9 all he ever see was it being the farangs fault and the thai operators were honest.....laugh.png

I trust these Russian men have connection here, I suggest if they read this they should go back to the beach rental unit and take some pictures of the group...once having this they should go to a Russian restaurant and see whom owns it...explain to the manager the problem and show pictures of group, or course they will explain the situation over a Vodka and dinner...I not need to say anything more...like table salt sodium Chloride..it is safe..separate they become deadly elements..lets hope the Russians will deal with theses thugs...Like Russian Row let..the Russian will have a full magazine pointed at the heads of the thugs..

I trust these Russian men have connection here, I suggest if they read this they should go back to the beach rental unit and take some pictures of the group...once having this they should go to a Russian restaurant and see whom owns it...explain to the manager the problem and show pictures of group, or course they will explain the situation over a Vodka and dinner...I not need to say anything more...like table salt sodium Chloride..it is safe..separate they become deadly elements..lets hope the Russians will deal with theses thugs...Like Russian Row let..the Russian will have a full magazine pointed at the heads of the thugs..

Why do you believe that most russians have "connections" here? Russian tourist are no more "connected" here in LOS than any other tourists visiting.

Not often I post, but, this paradise is really going down the road to destruction. Before you say it, ... Yep time to leave. Sorry Thailand you can't even respect your own people, it's gonna be hard for a Falang to stay here..My question is where to go to retire? With the need for safety and a few sexy pole dancers..

Because some tourists get scammed renting jet-skis (or motorbikes, or massage girls, etc.)...how does any of this affect a retiree? All my friends who are retired and living in Pattaya don't rent skis, own their own cars/bikes, and know their way around the girls.

Large signs posted in all (reputable) hotels, warning of scams, might go a little way to helping people to avoid this sort of thing ... as for the other type of hotel; well, "yer pays yer money, yer takes yer risks".

My hat goes off to the Marriott Royal Garden in this respect. On the pathway through their pool area exiting out onto Beach Road, they have prominent signs warning their guests against renting jet skis at the beach. I don't recall seeing any such warnings at any other hotel (but of course have not been to all).

Dude, you have been watching way too many action movies. But since one of them was called Muslimov, you might be right.

C'mon guys, the police already know who are the cockroachers, they just do no want to create more trouble. Police officers can easily identify a JetSki all vehicles has an identification number.. nobody is so dumb ass in Thailand, they know, but they do not want to do nothing about. Just it, simple as pee!

That is one way Thais generate income from foreigners.

The major general who has the idea of crackdown never thought of what Thai people earn when many foreigners are in Thailand whether tourists or working illegallysmile.png

These guys are not Arabs,but Muslims.There are a few former Soviet republics with Muslim population.

Monaco, Tokyo ?

Interesting to me is that after ALL these years the 'Crackdowns' never worked on Jet Ski Scammers

Ho ! Hum !

Another day at the Beach.

Quite Frankly if you don't know about this Internationally MUCH publicised Scam you have got to be living in a very Dark place.

coffee1.gif

Edited by Ohio