TOUCH shape and fitness center in MAYA

baywatch82

There will be new fitness centre in Maya, on 5th floor. It is advertised as "shape and fitness center".

It will be open in April, but they have promotional booth on the 1st floor already, where you can ask all the info.

They said it will be 900 sq.m. with the top equipment.

In my personal opinion the membership is way overpriced, especially with strong competition from Powerhouse (1/2 price) and Fitness Thailand (1/3 price) nearby.

Price list:

- 3 months = 9,960 baht (2,499 baht per month + 1,599 joining fee ? - this is written in thai so I just assume meaning)

- 6 months = 13,593 baht (1,999 baht per month + 1,599 joining fee ?)

- 12 months = 20,787 baht (1,599 baht per month + 1,599 joining fee ?)

Presale:

It includes 1 or 3 months membership + 3 session Model personal trainer (value 7500baht) + 1 Touch shape program (value 10,000baht) + 1 Touch Face program (value 3,000baht).

- 1 month = normally 22,999 baht - presale 4,999 baht (only first 100 members)

- 3 months = normally 32,497 baht - presale 9,999 baht (only first 100 members).

That is all I know, if you want to know more info please do not ask me but visit their booth on 1st floor.

Definitely overpriced but let's wait and see. Chiang Mai desperately needs a full-sized gym geared to the average man and woman who just want to stay in shape and can do without protein supplements. Must have well-maintained machines, good showers, good changing rooms and no loud music (only TV screens) and maybe a small corner to hang out for a snack (or a protein shake if they are really craving for one).

It's expensive, but it they have quality equipment, maintain this equipment, enforce gym etiquette rules (so I won't trip over dumbbells and weight plates while walking across the free weight area) and no crowds (the price may ensure that) I may join.

It's expensive, but it they have quality equipment, maintain this equipment, enforce gym etiquette rules (so I won't trip over dumbbells and weight plates while walking across the free weight area) and no crowds (the price may ensure that) I may join.

Yes being new I imagine they would have all that but will they keep the equipment up. Also I like a area just for some floor exercises' Have to see it. Also would the trainers be real trainers who know their business and do it. Not just some muscle heads walking around chatting the Ladies. If so I would consider joining it just for the free trainers. At those prices it would be a one year only. I wonder if it would have a pool. I doubt it.

One upside to it would be at that price their would more than likely be no wait on the equipment. Have to check it out.

I had a chat with the sales as well. They guaranteed me that everything will be of high quality...

I just wish that the place wouldn't be filled with all the cardio machines which are totally useless to me.

But I love their pricing. They can charge as high as they want as long as it's never crowded I'm happy.

Oh, they said their trainers are former California WOW ones. I was like ... screw that.

Edited by infernalman7